Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You won the league with Cardiff in the first season? With no editing or cheating?

Absolutely, the game has never been in such a mess.

There are at least 2 or 3 tactics available right now that can achieve it.

The next patch is bound to ruin these particular tactics, but new ones will appear within days.

I could have won the league 1st season with West Ham, but didn't set my training up properly and also switched tactics after 10 league games without sufficient players for the different positions.

Hes massively overachieved so you assume hes edited/cheated? gtfo

There are at least 2 or 3 tactics available right now that can achieve it.

The next patch is bound to ruin these particular tactics, but new ones will appear within days.

Assumed correctly it would appear.

I'll 'gtfo' though.

Assumed correctly it would appear.

I'll 'gtfo' though.

It's not cheating to download tactics, hundreds of people do it. You only have to look on throughout the tactics board.

There was one guy who used to develop super tactics every season until he denounced the method (deciding to actually teach people how to play the game) last year I believe.

It's not cheating to download tactics, hundreds of people do it. You only have to look on throughout the tactics board.

There was one guy who used to develop super tactics every season until he denounced the method (deciding to actually teach people how to play the game) last year I believe.

As Kriss would say.

"you are ignoring the signs and feeding the animals".

It's not cheating to download tactics, hundreds of people do it.

I would argue that if someone had made a particular tactic that manipulated the ME because of its flaws, and someone else downloaded it and used it to make a mediocre team win the top division in the first season, then that would be by any definition, cheating.

Not having a go, a person can play the game whatever way they want, it's just a bit much to have a go at the game for a lack of realism whilst piloting Cardiff to the Premier League title with some ME-bursting 'super tactic'.

And this isn't 'trolling' as I seem to get accused of more often than not, it's purely an opinion.

I would argue that if someone had made a particular tactic that manipulated the ME because of its flaws, and someone else downloaded it and used it to make a mediocre team win the top division in the first season, then that would be by any definition, cheating.

Not having a go, a person can play the game whatever way they want, it's just a bit much to have a go at the game for a lack of realism whilst piloting Cardiff to the Premier League title with some ME-bursting 'super tactic'.

And this isn't 'trolling' as I seem to get accused of more often than not, it's purely an opinion.

You aren't even close to being as annoying as last year's "Defender of the Realm", and I think you're right here. Complaining about a lack of -realism- when you abuse the weaknesses of the ME to the point that the it is pointless for the AI to show up on match day is a bit off the mark. Complaining about those holes in the ME, however, is warranted.

And before I get the whole "but you argue FOR playing the ME rather than the AI, BiggusD!!" from the mods et.al here, the fact that FM11&12's AI couldn't fight a rather static 424 where the forwards attacked and the midfield/defense defended rather rigidly wasn't my fault ;) . I never sluiced everything through to a quick striker as WWfan always assumes! I did the exact opposite! No corner cheat either.

And if I cheat with my 343 in FM13, then the AI Roma cheats as well, so I'm cool with that!

I feel cheated of my 34 quid really. I suppose I just want FM to be great and think that each year, each release will be better and I'll just love it. I don't though, I just feel like I waste my money time and again on this game and waste hours on something I don't enjoy anymore.

What a mug.

Has anyone noticed next to the known flank defender problem, keeper like don't know how to guard their post?

I've seen so much goals go go through the small corner that the goal keeper should be guarding. Having much goals through there is really insane as it barely happens on professional level...

Can't be wrong settings/instructions/tactics too as it's a simple goalkeeper. Not much you can do wrong there.

The patch is really overdue tbh. Already been 18 days.

I feel cheated of my 34 quid really. I suppose I just want FM to be great and think that each year, each release will be better and I'll just love it. I don't though, I just feel like I waste my money time and again on this game and waste hours on something I don't enjoy anymore.

What a mug.

I berated FM last season and was very unhappy with my purchase, that was until the final patch when I really started to enjoy it and got more than my money's worth. For me, in the last 3 years, the initial release has been flawed to say the least, only to be patched really well by the last patch. The trouble is, by the time the games has been tweaked and perfected, it's selling in a 50-75% sale on steam. I'm not rushing out to buy on the first day again from SI, I feel their software isn't tested enough on release. Saying that, I will almost definitely purchase by the final patch depending on what people on these forums are saying.

what this means :

231671/encryptedmanifests/ded-test/encrypted_gid: * hidden *

231672/encryptedmanifests/ded-test/encrypted_gid: * hidden *

231673/encryptedmanifests/ded-test/encrypted_gid: * hidden *

231674/encryptedmanifests/ded-test/encrypted_gid: * hidden *

231675/encryptedmanifests/ded-test/encrypted_gid: * hidden *

231676/encryptedmanifests/ded-test/encrypted_gid: * hidden *

231677/encryptedmanifests/ded-test/encrypted_gid: * hidden *

231678/encryptedmanifests/ded-test/encrypted_gid: * hidden *

branches/ded-test/buildid: 144145

branches/ded-test/description:

branches/ded-test/pwdrequired: 1

http://steamdb.info/app/231670/#section_history

I don't find the game to be flawed or the match engine to be rubbish or anything, I just get bored really quickly playing the game. I tend to last a season and a half in a job regardless of how well or badly I do. I probably enjoy pre-season more than anything now. Must just be getting old.

What a mug.

know how you feel bud had 1 hour gameplay this year just carnt get in to it my love affair with the game is over least si have made the mrs happy this year

I berated FM last season and was very unhappy with my purchase, that was until the final patch when I really started to enjoy it and got more than my money's worth. For me, in the last 3 years, the initial release has been flawed to say the least, only to be patched really well by the last patch. The trouble is, by the time the games has been tweaked and perfected, it's selling in a 50-75% sale on steam. I'm not rushing out to buy on the first day again from SI, I feel their software isn't tested enough on release. Saying that, I will almost definitely purchase by the final patch depending on what people on these forums are saying.

when did the final patch come ? march wasn't it?

You aren't even close to being as annoying as last year's "Defender of the Realm", and I think you're right here. Complaining about a lack of -realism- when you abuse the weaknesses of the ME to the point that the it is pointless for the AI to show up on match day is a bit off the mark. Complaining about those holes in the ME, however, is warranted.

And before I get the whole "but you argue FOR playing the ME rather than the AI, BiggusD!!" from the mods et.al here, the fact that FM11&12's AI couldn't fight a rather static 424 where the forwards attacked and the midfield/defense defended rather rigidly wasn't my fault ;) . I never sluiced everything through to a quick striker as WWfan always assumes! I did the exact opposite! No corner cheat either.

Any 424 tactic?

And if I cheat with my 343 in FM13, then the AI Roma cheats as well, so I'm cool with that!

What is so special about playing 343? Don't recall Roma playing that?

Has anyone noticed next to the known flank defender problem, keeper like don't know how to guard their post?

I've seen so much goals go go through the small corner that the goal keeper should be guarding. Having much goals through there is really insane as it barely happens on professional level...

Can't be wrong settings/instructions/tactics too as it's a simple goalkeeper. Not much you can do wrong there.

The patch is really overdue tbh. Already been 18 days.

Last time they rushed out a patch due to demand in these forums was about Nov / Dec 2012. It was a disaster and made the ME awful. This happened, I think, because of insufficient testing time.

Hence, I'd much rather SI take their time with the patches and thoroughly test them to make sure that each one is a solid improvement on the game.

Have to say that while there are still some issues, on the whole its perfectly playable and produces some decent football. Its really not far from being an excellent ME IMO.

anyone else having a issue with loans

i spoke about januzaj in the press and both him and moyes said they would like me to get him on a loan deal

but when i go to offer to loan him it says they arent interested, im not even able to make a offer

anyone else having a issue with loans

i spoke about januzaj in the press and both him and moyes said they would like me to get him on a loan deal

but when i go to offer to loan him it says they arent interested, im not even able to make a offer

What team are you kilik, chances are that media can be deceiving

I think he means that Llorente is not the kind of player you expect to see dribbling through a dense defense.

You're right. IRL I'm a Juventus supporter, I know what player Llorente is and he will never do similar kinds of hattrick. It's impossible.

Speaking of FM12 and messed up ME, wasnt there was a certain 4-3-3 tactic that used a bug in the FM12 ME and ended up making every player in the center attacking position score as many goals as messi every season?

But I guess those kind of bugs arent bugs if they work in your favour right? :p (Not saying this ME is perfect tho)

I don't know what you're talking about that 4-3-3, I've never tried to exploit ME bugs in order to win, I've never used cheats to play FMxx, simply because I don't like to win cheating. Never downloaded someone's else tactic or used an in-game editor.

It's not important if bugs are in my favour or against, I would like to not see them at all. I'm 31yo and if I want to spend some hours on a game I'd like it to play in a honest way, so favour-nonfavour really doesn't matter at all.

So I think it's my tactic, isn't it? :))

That's what i did for the last 7 years. FM07 was the last one i bought short after it was released. I'm quite surprised, honestly, that few people are doing like this. Buying right away is a way to fund SI on release and give them credit for the hard work in doing so, but i think i already did that since i bought almost EVERY version since the first CM back in the 90`s. Now, i wait for the product to be perfected and then i put my money on it (moreover, since i don't live in Europe anymore, that became MONEY for me). I usually buy around february\march. If worth it, based on the comments here: i didn't buy FM10 because of the poor reactions. Is normal, anyway, having people moaning here: every year, in this period, the forums are flooded with people stating that the last one is the worse release ever hehe. We will see in february, after the first couple of major patches (usually november and february with the one in december\january being usually little more than a data update). By that time, the reviews will be more faithful. Rarely i found people still shouting at SI after six months from the release: in 2010 (that's why i didn't buy it) and last year. But last year the complaints were about the game being difficult and that's ok for me: i got it and still enjoying it right now. Very good ME, with a few weak spots (stupid corner kicks above all).

What surprises me is the comeback of the super tactics, at least from what i'm reading here. That's funny. I remember all the big gurus here stating that people were struggling with FM13 because they finally had to play the game and not just beat the ME (which was awesome in my opinion). FM14 was depicted as the final evolution of the unbeatable ME achieved in FM13 and now what? People win EPL with Cardiff on their first season because they beat the ME? Wasn't the collision detection the final weapon to get rid of all the "cheaters" enjoying FM12 and not FM13 only because they were playing a fast, unchallenged, striker?

My intention here is not that of accusing anybody. I just want to invite people to take it easier on those that complain out of frustration. I know it can be annoying: it wares me as a reader and i can imagine how it bores some of the mods. But creating false myths (the unbeatable ME) or accusing people of not being good players (even if they had success in all the other versions) is not the answer and, on the contrary, is a dangerous boomerang. First, you guys were implicitly stating that only the last version was the "real game" while all the previous editions were somewhat flawed (which, commercially speaking, is a very dangerous tactic when you are dealing with regular customers and not one-time-buyers). Second, you expose yourselves to attacks from those same people as soon as any of the future releases proves to be not so flawless as the one you were defending.

This said, keep up the good work. I'm anticipating this new edition even if i will stick to FM13 for a few months more.

I'm pretty sure that the notion of "super tactics" is dead, but only once we have a more refined match engine.

The deficiencies of the current ME are plain to see, and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to devise a way to exploit those deficiencies.

What baffles me a bit is people who download tactics but then post in here after a bad result or two.

Downloading tactics means you are using something you don't fully understand (if you didn't build the tactic, how could you know how it works?)

If you lose a game, is it the fault of the ME, the downloaded tactic, or user, or a bit of each?

Started a save as Gillingham yesterday and signed a new goalkeeper. So I offered out existing number one journeyman Stuart Nelson for his value (£110k). I got four offers for his value. Two of them were from Manchester United and Chelsea. He went to Manchester United to be their fifth choice. Me thinks the AI still has some way to go on transfer acumen:(.

I'm pretty sure that the notion of "super tactics" is dead, but only once we have a more refined match engine.

The deficiencies of the current ME are plain to see, and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to devise a way to exploit those deficiencies.

What baffles me a bit is people who download tactics but then post in here after a bad result or two.

Downloading tactics means you are using something you don't fully understand (if you didn't build the tactic, how could you know how it works?)

If you lose a game, is it the fault of the ME, the downloaded tactic, or user, or a bit of each?

Unfortunately, this is something that will always be there. FM grew a lot during the last decade and is nowadays a product that appeals to a wide range of players, many of them being the "i want to always win like i do in all the other games i play" type. Is undeniable that computer games have become way easier than they were once, save for maybe some indie products. Is a hard task to satisfy that particular segment without straying from the "realistic simulation" path. But, still, they are the ones bringing in the extra bucks and, as time passes and new generations get less challenge-oriented, that segment will grow in size and become more and more important from a commercial point of view.

As for the ME, i'm 100% confident that by march it will be even better than last year's. Not the slightest worried by these early concerns: they are a movie i saw a few times already and i find them necessary as additional feedback for the programmers. Let the young test the game to allow the old (me) to fully enjoy the few time still available for playing :D

The short corner 'exploit' is the most powerful.

Set your corners to 'short', set your best striker to 'come short' and you've just gifted him a 15 goal 'head start' for the season.

Please 'nerf' this in the update:herman:

I think that you are being incredibly harsh on the users that share tactics and post a bible of an OP explaining how the tactic works and the best types of players to use in each position.

I think that you are being incredibly harsh on the users that share tactics and post a bible of an OP explaining how the tactic works and the best types of players to use in each position.

Unfortunately, a lot of people who use these tactics don't read further than how many wins it gives you - they won't read the fine print, won't read the adaptations needed to make it work with certain players and in certain situations etc. In the cases of a download tactic not working, it's almost certainly user error if it doesn't bring results - simply because you still need a decent understanding of the system in order to get the best out of it.

Unfortunately, a lot of people who use these tactics don't read further than how many wins it gives you - they won't read the fine print, won't read the adaptations needed to make it work with certain players and in certain situations etc. In the cases of a download tactic not working, it's almost certainly user error if it doesn't bring results - simply because you still need a decent understanding of the system in order to get the best out of it.

This is exactly what I meant.

The people who take their time to create and write up tactics do a great job, and it caters for the playing needs of a population of the user base.

However, no matter how well documented these posts are, they cannot teach users what to do when the AI does x, y or z.

I'm a firm believer than one size cannot fit all.

This seems like the way to go.

I'm not troubled by the current state of FM14. I played the demo, it seems playable enough. But if it's going to be better and cheaper in a couple months, I can wait it out.

Kinda removes the fun downloading tactics for me but each to their own. How many times do you see teams boss a game then 1 defensive error costs them. Alot of peoples cases will be this. Any1 remember this game?

That's what i did for the last 7 years. FM07 was the last one i bought short after it was released. I'm quite surprised, honestly, that few people are doing like this. Buying right away is a way to fund SI on release and give them credit for the hard work in doing so, but i think i already did that since i bought almost EVERY version since the first CM back in the 90`s. Now, i wait for the product to be perfected and then i put my money on it (moreover, since i don't live in Europe anymore, that became MONEY for me). I usually buy around february\march. If worth it, based on the comments here: i didn't buy FM10 because of the poor reactions. Is normal, anyway, having people moaning here: every year, in this period, the forums are flooded with people stating that the last one is the worse release ever hehe. We will see in february, after the first couple of major patches (usually november and february with the one in december\january being usually little more than a data update). By that time, the reviews will be more faithful. Rarely i found people still shouting at SI after six months from the release: in 2010 (that's why i didn't buy it) and last year. .

Thats a funny prove that Forums and reactions are overrated because FM 10.3 was one of the best if not THE best of the series. You missed it.

Archived