FMC2014 Wishlist Thread

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello

I've been reading a lot of posts in here but can't find the answer.

I play FM for a lot years (full version) and have introduced my son into FMC.

He would like to play the game also on his PS Vita but is a bit young to understand English.

Is the game playable in other languages, eg Dutch?

Thx

Hello

I've been reading a lot of posts in here but can't find the answer.

I play FM for a lot years (full version) and have introduced my son into FMC.

He would like to play the game also on his PS Vita but is a bit young to understand English.

Is the game playable in other languages, eg Dutch?

Thx

Dutch is a supported language on Vita, yes :)

When you start the game on Vita, it will use the language you have the Vita set to.

Some form of news subscription at least for jobs/job status. I usually start with a small team and the idea of moving to my favourite club eventually. However as i don't follow every news item every ingame day i often miss when the club sacks its manager and thus missing the opportunity to apply.

And it's one thing that the homegrown rules etc. are not implemented, which is fine by me, but the inconsistency with foreigner rules in different leagues bothers me. Some league have it, some (as Sweden for example) don't.

Can you provide any specific examples?

I always took their absence from FMC to imply that OIs are actually not that important. I certainly don't miss them.

I am always annoyed that I can't "Show Onto Weaker Foot" for those one-footed wingers.

Can you provide any specific examples?

I always took their absence from FMC to imply that OIs are actually not that important. I certainly don't miss them.

For example there is this new tactic "Monstrous 4-2-3-1 Plug & Play" on FM-Base forum which works only for big teams as RMadrid or Barcelona in FM, but it doesnt work in FMC. I asked them why that tactic doesnt work with FMC, and someone said it was because there are no OIs. But this is also case for few more tactics.

Of course there are some tactics that work fine without OIs in FMC.

• Administrators
For example there is this new tactic "Monstrous 4-2-3-1 Plug & Play" on FM-Base forum which works only for big teams as RMadrid or Barcelona in FM, but it doesnt work in FMC. I asked them why that tactic doesnt work with FMC, and someone said it was because there are no OIs. But this is also case for few more tactics.

Of course there are some tactics that work fine without OIs in FMC.

I'd suggest finding or creating a logical, structured tactic that is tailored to the players at your disposal. I think you'll find that a tactic works when it suits your players and has structure, not because of what 'Opposition Instructions' have been set. I'd suggest popping over to the Tactics Area of the forums if you have more questions or need more help tactically :)

I'd suggest finding or creating a logical, structured tactic that is tailored to the players at your disposal. I think you'll find that a tactic works when it suits your players and has structure, not because of what 'Opposition Instructions' have been set. I'd suggest popping over to the Tactics Area of the forums if you have more questions or need more help tactically :)

You are absolutely right but opp ins is still a tactical tool that a lot of people use.

There are even in-game assistant manager suggestions which in the full game are translated in "closing down more" specific players.

I dont know what is done when I press apply in these suggestions in the FMC game.

Additionally I dont really understand why Op Ins are not in the FMC. Would not create any additional hassle.

• Administrators
There are even in-game assistant manager suggestions which in the full game are translated in "closing down more" specific players.

I dont know what is done when I press apply in these suggestions in the FMC game.

Additionally I dont really understand why Op Ins are not in the FMC. Would not create any additional hassle.

Well this is the wish list thread, it's what it's for :) I am just trying to help you with your current situation.

As for closing down, you can use player man-marking to close down specific players and ask a player to mark tightly if you wish.

As for closing down, you can use player man-marking to close down specific players and ask a player to mark tightly if you wish.

It is not really the same, I think you need to visit the Tactics Forum a bit more often :).

My initial point was that if FMC had the three following features would make it the main choice for players like me who want to get involved

only with the matchday and the tactical aspect of the game.

1. Analysis tab

2. Opposition instructions

3. Train PPMs

Ideally I would like to jump from matchday to machday and view/manage the full match with all the tactical tools/features available in the full game :)

But ok I can understand that FMC's main intention is not to be complete on the tactical aspect of the game.

Being able to run the game with the full database and U21/U18s competitions would be nice. I like to bring through youngsters rather than buy which is a bit harder to do when a) not all of them are there and b) there's no U21s/U18s pathway. Using custom databases would be great too.

Ideally I would like to jump from matchday to machday and view/manage the full match with all the tactical tools/features available in the full game :)

But ok I can understand that FMC's main intention is not to be complete on the tactical aspect of the game.

I think I'm actually of the same opinion as you. I'd be quite happy to see a Scout Report and then hop from match to match.

I'd obviously need to squeeze player recruitment in somewhere but the tactics are the core for me.

The challenge with FMC is that it needs to be streamlined but also not so overwhelmingly focused on one area so as to marginalise people.

The challenge with FMC is that it needs to be streamlined but also not so overwhelmingly focused on one area so as to marginalise people.

I agree RT and I think it is quite up to this challenge. Myself I already think of buying a PS vita just for this game.

Maybe at some point in the long future it becomes fully customizable and we can chose the exact features we want to have in our game.

My only real wishes with respect to FMC are:

1) Being able to use a custom database

2) More board requests. Being able to request money spent on junior coaching, for instance, or being able to earn the right to have a say in picking (or even better, removing) feeder clubs.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I had an idea (which isn't editor related like 90% of my posts :o), but last year you added the option to set a position to differ depending on which player was select, so for example I played with a DLP-S but could assign Anita to play as a BBM-S for that role if select, as that was more suited to his stats. I think it would be pretty good to have that option set as default, so that you don't have to check the best positional role / stats for that player.

Don't think I am explaining myself very well here, but for example I also buy Kelvin Leerdam because he can play anyway in defensive / midfield, although he has specific stats and a primary role, he is great to have on the bench. So if my RM gets injured and I have no one else who can play in that position I can bring him on and his position shows as green, but I still should look at his stats and change the role to match, if the game did that automatically I think it would be pretty awesome.

Skin: Please allow us to change the color of the attributes as well as the range for each color just like the full version. It is invaluable for me to set it according to the league I am playing in (if I am in the lower leagues I set the limit for "good" attributes lower).

Opposition instructions: Not sure that all of them are needed. However, why not develop an alternative for FMC where you can set a few basic OPs for a few players. Like a drop down list where you can choose to focus more on just one or two opposition players and try to either mark them out of the game or push them wide. This can also be included in the match plans.

2) More board requests. Being able to request money spent on junior coaching, for instance, or being able to earn the right to have a say in picking (or even better, removing) feeder clubs.

And this.

• Administrators
This can also be included in the match plans.

Opposition Instructions work by targeting a player already picked for selection, so how would your suggestion work with a match plan? Could you expand on your idea?

• Administrators
Hi,

I had an idea (which isn't editor related like 90% of my posts :o), but last year you added the option to set a position to differ depending on which player was select, so for example I played with a DLP-S but could assign Anita to play as a BBM-S for that role if select, as that was more suited to his stats. I think it would be pretty good to have that option set as default, so that you don't have to check the best positional role / stats for that player.

Don't think I am explaining myself very well here, but for example I also buy Kelvin Leerdam because he can play anyway in defensive / midfield, although he has specific stats and a primary role, he is great to have on the bench. So if my RM gets injured and I have no one else who can play in that position I can bring him on and his position shows as green, but I still should look at his stats and change the role to match, if the game did that automatically I think it would be pretty awesome.

You can already do this? Have a look at the player instructions part of your tactics.

You can add a player to a position and set their role, duty and instructions there

Opposition Instructions work by targeting a player already picked for selection, so how would your suggestion work with a match plan? Could you expand on your idea?

The idea was mostly to prepare for each game. But I can see it as a part of a match plan trying to for example push wingers wide if you have CBs that are strong in the air. Or it can also be implemented so that players of the opposition that are very one-footed can be pushed on their weaker foot. Man marking duties can also be implemented in match plans based on the amount of assists or goals that opposition players have. It's all about giving users some more influence on the instant result games.

Otherwise I would see it as a pre game option only where you can target 3-4 key players in the other team maximum and for each of the players that you choose to target, you can choose to press, push wide, man mark, tackle hard, stand off etc. If you play Barca for example:

1. Messi - Push Wide

2. Neymar - Go in hard

3. Iniesta - Mark tightly.

I know the options exist in the tactics already, but as other managers move players around you have to change it. This would give users and easy and faster way to deal with opposition star players.

Hello. I have ps vita version of football manager.

I think if there was multiple shortlists which you could save. So that you could have a list of strikers or goalkeepers, etc.

Also shortlist staff so I keep a list of scouts or physios.

I would also like customers formations. As if I want to have no central players just full backs, wing backs, wide midfielders, wingers,and wide strikers, you cannot do it on the part vita. Or if you want 3 atacking midfielders, 1 striker you can't do it.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours

Farhan

hi all, i've recently bought the game and i really like the classic mode, a nice and light experience of the game, but there are also a lot of things i would like to see improve so i've thinked about a new differnt "version" of the game: the custom mode. You could simply let the player decide, at the beginning of the game, what kind of features(what kind of trainings; media interactions; staff roles; ecc.) he'd like to use.

Physio communication - in game

when a player takes a knock, you can't tell where or what it is.... the physio goes to see him and when he comes back, you still don't know if he's got a bloody nose or a limp, maybe he should give you more symptoms of the injury so you know the risks of leaving him on and how it may affect his performance.

away fans - often look under represented in the graphics (ie an empty corner of the stadium for teams which would usually fill their allocation of tickets)

also, might be nice to have an argument with the 4th official!

At the moment I have a fantastic GK with 4 star ability, 5 star potential, 20 for determination, superb morale most of the time due to good results, plus my club has top training facilities.

However he frequently suffers periods when his attributes drop seemingly inexplicably. The only thing I can think of is that my (otherwise brilliant) assistant manager is extremely poor at training GK's.

I often search for a new assistant manager with better GK training but cannot get anywhere near anyone good enough to replace him without severely depleting virtually every other training attribute.

There doesn't seem any way round this at the moment, so I would like to see the opportunity in future games to employ an assistant manager, plus one first team coach, one GK coach, and one fitness coach. Just to spread the training attribute load around, and to prevent this situation happening again.

Also, the ability to instruct players to learn/unlearn PPM's (or just get rid of PPM's completely) would be great.

And finally, the ability to improve your youth facilities and actually have good youth prospects come through the system fairly regularly would be very welcome.

Apart from that, I think FMC is absolutely fantastic and a great antidote to the now sadly bloated full game. Whether these above changes happen or not, I'll definitely be buying FM15 purely for the Classic mode alone.

Nothing new from me but I'll add to:

- an Analysis Tab, it really does help with post match analysis of tactics & instructions

- Ass Man's feedback of player reactions, I think that's what it's called, looking complacent, Fired Up etc

- Opposition Instructions, I'm not bothered either way as I never used them but mid match the Ass Man will pop up with OIs. I'd rather them be included or gone all together & not sortof half lurking in the back ground

- an In Game Editor would be nice but not totally necessary

This idea has already been touched on but how about a menu that allows you to turn on/off (at least some) features from the full fat version? For example, I've never really enjoyed the boardroom/player interactions but really miss the teamtalk function.

Btw, I've been playing FM since 2005 and this years version is by some distance my favourite.......good job guys :)

I've not played FM14 as much as I would have liked to. It still suffers from the same problem as FM13 - in order to win anything you need to micro-manage tactics. SI have done a great job of removing micro management from other parts of the game (don't start adding things like talking to players despite some requests please) but as long as FMC uses the same tactics engine as the full game I can't play it. The only way to ensure you have a good season is by analysing the opponents tactics, setting your own then throughout the game tweaking things. That's micro management and the opposite of what FMC should be. Instant result is a good idea but it appears completely random.

In order for me to buy FM15 either:

1. the removal of tactical micro-management or;
  2. the addition of an editor

need to be done or I won't be purchasing.

The idea was mostly to prepare for each game. But I can see it as a part of a match plan trying to for example push wingers wide if you have CBs that are strong in the air. Or it can also be implemented so that players of the opposition that are very one-footed can be pushed on their weaker foot. Man marking duties can also be implemented in match plans based on the amount of assists or goals that opposition players have. It's all about giving users some more influence on the instant result games.

Otherwise I would see it as a pre game option only where you can target 3-4 key players in the other team maximum and for each of the players that you choose to target, you can choose to press, push wide, man mark, tackle hard, stand off etc. If you play Barca for example:

1. Messi - Push Wide

2. Neymar - Go in hard

3. Iniesta - Mark tightly.

I know the options exist in the tactics already, but as other managers move players around you have to change it. This would give users and easy and faster way to deal with opposition star players.

That's complete micro-management. That's not what FMC is about. We've save so much time in the other areas of the game through the steam-lined functions but you still have to spend 2 hours setting up tactics before every game if you want to stand a chance of winning? You've failed.

If you want to spend hours doing that go and play the full-fat mode.

As above - every team has a set of default tactics and instant result pitches them against each other. The best team/tactics usually win. Simple. Great for those that CBA to deal with tactics and just set some at the beginning. The full match experience mode allows you to do all the tactics stuff and this is the only time when the opposition will try to counter those tactics.

I've not played FM14 as much as I would have liked to. It still suffers from the same problem as FM13 - in order to win anything you need to micro-manage tactics. SI have done a great job of removing micro management from other parts of the game (don't start adding things like talking to players despite some requests please) but as long as FMC uses the same tactics engine as the full game I can't play it. The only way to ensure you have a good season is by analysing the opponents tactics, setting your own then throughout the game tweaking things. That's micro management and the opposite of what FMC should be. Instant result is a good idea but it appears completely random.

I disagree with a huge amount of this, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

FMC will always use the same ME as the "full game". The ME is a monster of a piece of work, so to propose duplicating effort to create a less sensitive (easier?) ME in parallel to the "main" ME massively underestimates the development work needed.

The only way you can win football matches is by looking at your opponents and reacting in matches. Yes. That's a problem? It's a football management simulator.

FM in general has not become more about micro-management. It has seen AI improvements and ME loopholes closed. People who use sensible tactical approaches and react appropriately should be fine.

I think FMC's features are fine as they are really, because in the full version there is the option to 'turn off' whichever bits you don't want to deal with by getting the Assistant Manager to deal with them for you (team talks, training, match preparation, press conferences, opposition instructions, managing the youth teams, filtering the agent offers, arranging the friendlies...)

I would like the ability to play with a customised database (purely so I can add myself in as a player and have an imaginary career as a professional footballer), and also I'd like to be able to change the skin. I recently went back to an old FMC13 save, and the FMC13 skin was so much nicer than the FMC14 skin (I think it's the menu buttons at the top that I really dislike for some reason).

I'm sure there are a couple of other small tweaks which I won't think of until it's too late and then I have to wait for FM16 to have a chance of them being included.

Other than that, keep up the good work!

• 2 weeks later...

I miss two elements since I shifted over to FMC:

1.) The ease with which you can transition an older player into coaching/scouting. Specifically, I liked that you could view older players' staff attributes while they were still playing.

2.) The ability for players to gain nationality.

I miss two elements since I shifted over to FMC:

1.) The ease with which you can transition an older player into coaching/scouting. Specifically, I liked that you could view older players' staff attributes while they were still playing.

2.) The ability for players to gain nationality.

yeah, both these things are in FMC. With some older players you can see their staff attributes before retirement. And players still gain nationalities, you just can't see the amount of days left anymore.

Archived