How to get the FM2014 Dark Skin

michaeltmurrayuk

The Dark Skin is now available for the full version of the game.

It is obtained via the Steam Workshop.

To get it:

If FM2014 isn't running:

- First go to the Steam Workshop (through this link: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=231670) or view the FM14 game page in your steam library and there will be a view Workshop option in the middle of the screen.

- Locate the Dark Skin which is called 'Official FM14 Dark Skin'

- Click the Subscribe button, steam should now download the skin.

- Load FM2014.

- Select Downloads option on the main menu.

- Then select Steam Workshop in top right tab (the game might look like it has crashed, leave it for a while and it should load the workshop).

- Select the Subscribed Tab.

- The Official FM14 Dark Skin should be listed.

- On the right should be a green install button.

- After you have installed it there will be a green Changee Skin button, click it to load the skin.

If FM14 is running.

- Then select Steam Workshop in top right tab (the game might look like it has crashed, leave it for a while and it should load the workshop).

- Click the 'Download add-ons directly from Steam' button. This should open the Steam Overlay.

- The FM14 Workshop page should load, select the 'Official Fm14 Dark Skin'

- Click the Subscribe button.

- Close the Overlay.

- After you have installed it there will be a green Changee Skin button, click it to load the skin.

For skinners the download file is located in the normal skins folder under your Saving Location as if you'd downloaded the skin manually.

They were the exact steps I was taking and when I'd click "Steam Workshop" whilst in FM14, the game would always freeze. As soon as I moved my "graphics" folder out of the Sports Interactive folder that's in "My Documents" and put it onto the desktop then went through the exact same steps as you've said, the freezing didn't happen.

I think anyone who's having the freezing problem has custom facepacks, logos etc downloaded.

Alternative method added for if you are already in FM14:

- Click the 'Download add-ons directly from Steam' button. This should open the Steam Overlay.

- The FM14 Workshop page should load, select the 'Official Fm14 Dark Skin'

- Click the Subscribe button.

- Close the Overlay.

Yes freezing seems to be because the workshop is reading your custom graphics, you can just rename the graphics folder instead of moving it as the game won't read it if it's called something else.

Once the process is complete and the FM14 Dark skin is installed, can I rename the graphics folder back to graphics and the normal customized stuff will work ok ?

Ok, ignore me, I have just left it called graphics001 and it all seems to work.

I am unable to install this correctly... Subscribed in Steam - went to Downloads - Steam Workshop and green Install button for the Dark Skin. Processing breifly appears then I get a greyed out box with Install, and green button for Uninstall and Unsubscribe. But no Change Skin button. Skin does not show in preferences either.

Running on Linux

Thanks

Harry

twice I've tried to run it now first time I left it for about 20 min,s this last time 1 hour but just seems to freeze after selecting Steam workshop. eventually have to Ctrl Alt Del as nothing responds not even cancel....

Try renaming or moving your graphics folder out of the Saving Location.

hi Michael renamed the folder graphics123 ran the game (and , steam workshop) worked a treat, renamed folder back to graphics ran game again changed settings in prefrences new skin loading that was on the screen for about 25 mins and never loaded so shut down process now when I run game it just stays on loading graphic any solutions please mate Thanks in advance

hi Michael renamed the folder graphics123 ran the game (and , steam workshop) worked a treat, renamed folder back to graphics ran game again changed settings in prefrences new skin loading that was on the screen for about 25 mins and never loaded so shut down process now when I run game it just stays on loading graphic any solutions please mate Thanks in advance

Try deleting your skin cache files: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368961-FM2014-Skinning-and-Graphics-FAQ?p=9145087&viewfull=1#post9145087

You need to either wait or try renaming or moving your graphics folder out of the Saving Location, as the game is freezing while trying to read all your custom graphics.

oh, ok, now I know why it takes so long. I have an enormous amont of backgrounds waiting to work :-)

wait, this amount of backgrounds is inside a folder graphics that's outside of the folder skins

oh, ok, now I know why it takes so long. I have an enormous amont of backgrounds waiting to work :-)

wait, this amount of backgrounds is inside a folder graphics that's outside of the folder skins

It scans the files that are in: \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\graphics (or where your Saving Location is if you have moved it). Not just the skins folder.

It scans the files that are in: \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014\graphics (or where your Saving Location is if you have moved it). Not just the skins folder.

Thanks Michael, I have rename the graphics folder and the dark skin is instaled :-)

Funny, although I have rename the graphics folder inside football manager 2014, my faces, logos and kits are still functional. Why is this ??? And the changes I downloaded to the players panels are also ok.

My downloads button in the main menu is not working when i click on it, why is this, also it is greyed out within the game from the drop down menu, i want to use the dark skin, i subscribed to it through steam now i want to apply it

Make sure you are running the full version of FM and not the Beta.

Hello again Michael. I followed advise on delete cache for windows 7 . there was no settings folder or cache just caches so I deleted that (kept backup) but on starting up game I am still on fm2014 loading screen and cant go any further. regards again

Try deleting the whole of that Football Manager 2014 folder (%localappdata%/sports interactive/football manager 2014) if that doesn't work try verifying the game files through steam (in steam library right click on FM14 properties - loca files - verify integrity.

How do i do this, doesnt steam update your game itself?

Depends where you bought it, some places gave you a beta key and then a full key. If you check the preferences screen the version should read 14.1.2 in the header if you are on the full version, if not and you have entered your full key restart steam and it should update to the full version. If it still doesn't work then you'd be better posting in the bugs forum.

I can't download the dark skin, the downloads button on the main menu won't work. the game says it is currently version 14.1.1, is this the latest version? there doesn't seem to be any attempt by steam to update further so if this isn't the latest version, how can i get steam to look for updates? i've tried restarting the game and steam but nothing happens.

I ordered a disk copy of the game online and am trying to update from the beta version. when i run the install, it verifies the files in steam, is this what it should be doing? everything seems to work, but can't access the downloads section within the game. I don't have any custom graphics installed.

Good night.

I have a little problem whit the dark skin..

I've tried bot ways (subscribe in and out the game) but it always appears like this:

ec2wu3W.jpg

I've unnistalled the game, I've cleaned the cache of the skin and FM, and no results, keeps like this, the only that works normally is the 1st one launched.

Can anyone help me?

Thank's!

Good night.

I have a little problem whit the dark skin..

I've tried bot ways (subscribe in and out the game) but it always appears like this:

ec2wu3W.jpg

I've unnistalled the game, I've cleaned the cache of the skin and FM, and no results, keeps like this, the only that works normally is the 1st one launched.

Can anyone help me?

Thank's!

You're best posting about it in the bugs forum.

I'm using the dark skin and when I tried to search for players nothing happened when I typed a players name in. It worked fine on the default skin, but the problem is is that the background to the search box is white and so is the type colour.

Obviously the type colour needs changing.

player-search_zpsc79bfa3b.jpg

• Administrators
I'm using the dark skin and when I tried to search for players nothing happened when I typed a players name in. It worked fine on the default skin, but the problem is is that the background to the search box is white and so is the type colour.Obviously the type colour needs changing.
Please post this in the bugs forum.

Yes, i have big problem 2. Same as scotty1974. Now im upset why i wanted black skin anyway.

First make sure you have entered your key for the full version of the game (check with where you bought the game for where your key is, if you have a boxed copy it should be on the back of the manual/insert).

If you only have the one key or bought it through steam follow these instructions: http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=187

If that doesn't work then open a thread in the bugs forum.

Archived