Can FFP be turned off?

I'm finding Financial Fair Play a real pain. It's already ruined two long-term saves for me. Just wondering if it can be turned off? I really don't know why SI made this such a key part of FM2014. It's not as if there is any danger of Monaco or Real Madrid being banned from the the Champions League in real life.

In the game I get banned from the Champions League for spending too many on transfers even though my income is far greater than the money I am spending. This is how Real Madrid get around the problem in right life. It appears to me that FM2014 is not allowing clubs to offset their transfers with sponsorship and other income.

I'm finding Financial Fair Play a real pain. It's already ruined two long-term saves for me. Just wondering if it can be turned off? I really don't know why SI made this such a key part of FM2014. It's not as if there is any danger of Monaco or Real Madrid being banned from the the Champions League in real life.

That's irrelevant.

FFP is part of the rules and unfortunately you have to stick by them. If you can't, then I suggest you work on lowering your expenditure.

In the game I get banned from the Champions League for spending too many on transfers even though my income is far greater than the money I am spending. This is how Real Madrid get around the problem in right life. It appears to me that FM2014 is not allowing clubs to offset their transfers with sponsorship and other income.

Have to cut your clothe accordingly, all part of the challenge.

I thought this would be a massive problem but I honestly haven't even come close to getting done for it.

Christ knows how much you're spending to trigger this but you should really look into being more fiscal.

Pretty rough this new rule. What if you are making money very well each season and all of a sudden your club wishes to invest 250m pounds in to a reserve fund? that pretty much screws you out of European Football for the next season.

• Administrators

If you've got specific issues with FFP though you can report them in our bugs forum and our team will get back to you if it's a bug: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/369-All-Other-Issues

"You" keep using Real Madrid as an example for breaking the FFP when they don't...

They had >500M € income this year and they are spending less than that (total profit around 50M I think).

Yes, they owe a lot of money (as Barcelona does), but in the same way "you" owe a lot of money to the bank for your house (or your car or whatever other loan you could have)... But you pay each month for it, and, as long as you pay each month and the total you pay each year is less than what you get each year, everything is fine.

Putting money into a reserve fund doesnt count as an expenditure, i dont think.

Believe me it is. I did use FMRTE to pump up my clubs bank balance to something around 1.25 billion a few days later I get an inbox message saying the club has transferred 250 million pounds in to a reserve fund. I then looked at my clubs finances and sure enough, my bank balance just got that bit worse.

And I did look at the FFP tab, and yes, that got worse also.

Reserve fund money gets counted as Dividends Expenditure.

It also didn't help when I was paying 100m+ each time I bought a superstar! :D

I ended up being 1.6 billion in the red. No chance was I ever going to recover from that.

Once I got kicked out of the Champions Cup, players demanded to leave, had to sell 5 starting first teamers and 1 backup GK. My job also went from Untouchable 18 months in the game before to Stable as soon as I found out I was banned from the Champions Cup :(

In my current save with Liverpool FC, my dividends in the 2013/14 season was near on 800m! Non footballing costs 70m! Other 41m! ground maintenance 29m! Bonuses 24m, player wages 80m!

Lucky for me I still made a profit last season of almost 1.7b. Expenditure almost 1.1b.

Just because I easily make lots of money in the first season, it's the clubs fault they transfer funds in to the reserve fund and get me kicked out of the Champions Cup.

I think before the clubs board transfer the funds, they should see how close we are from the FFP rule and put that up against what they think I'll make as a profile for the rest of the season. Lucky for them I still made a healthy profit.

Dividens by their very nature should be tied to the profit - so they shouldn't be a problem - although the reserve fund sounds like a bug (it's designed to keep you from having too much money and breaking the game)

I'm sorry, but using FMRTE to do anything in the game cannot be used as a judge of whether the feature works or not.

I'm not complaining if it's working or not. I was just stating that reserve fund gets put in to expenses for dividends and gets included in the FFP. If I earn too much money and my bank balances is getting to 750m+ I just use fmrte to put it back to 250m before it rises again. All good.

Cash that's moved from one account to another shouldn't be booked as expenditure on the FFP accounts, if you have a save shortly before this happens can you raise an issue in the bugs forum along with uploading a copy of your save.

Cheers.

If it looks like happening again I will for sure, and let you know. Thank you.

I'm just curious on this, WHY do the clubs transfer money into "reserve investment fund" as soon as your bank balance reaches 1b? Its been bugging me for a few versions now and I can't see the logic behind it, and its constantly reducing my clubs bank balance.

Because OWNERS are businessmen.....and they like to fill their pockets in the name of reserve

I'm just curious on this, WHY do the clubs transfer money into "reserve investment fund" as soon as your bank balance reaches 1b? Its been bugging me for a few versions now and I can't see the logic behind it, and its constantly reducing my clubs bank balance.

It's to stop you getting to the maximum number available in 32 bit, 2,147,483,647. If your bank balance would ever surpass this number it would then end up that much in the red.

It's to stop you getting to the maximum number available in 32 bit, 2,147,483,647. If your bank balance would ever surpass this number it would then end up that much in the red.

I strongly disagree with this.

Money has decimals and therefore is not stored as an integer but as a float or long double.

I strongly disagree with this.

Money has decimals and therefore is not stored as an integer but as a float or long double.

It's a well known limitation of previous FMs.

Have no idea if its the same in the current version.

• SI Staff

This is correct, the reserve investments are a way to get around the old issue of clubs breaking the limits of the variable that stores the cash figure. The realism-related reasoning behind the FM solution of getting around this is that normally any sane owners would rather invest extra cash than have it just sitting in a bank account accumulating a relatively low interest.

The reserve investments are not lost as the game keeps a count of them and they will be re-invested back into the club if needs be.

This is correct, the reserve investments are a way to get around the old issue of clubs breaking the limits of the variable that stores the cash figure. The realism-related reasoning behind the FM solution of getting around this is that normally any sane owners would rather invest extra cash than have it just sitting in a bank account accumulating a relatively low interest.

The reserve investments are not lost as the game keeps a count of them and they will be re-invested back into the club if needs be.

WTF?

It's year 2013 (almost 2014), I can't believe "you" (I have a friend programmer working there, I'll lecture him too, haha) are still constrained to that kinf of limitations, hahaha.

Well, that is funny, it really is.

P.S: The "logic" behind the investment thing makes a lot of sense btw, that is a fine way to make lemonade... ;)

I think you can turn it off by going into the cheats menu and paying real money for a patch that turns it off. There's a bunch of bollocks like this that seems to have spread over here like a virus from the mobile gaming world. I'm just waiting for SI to start charging us for each league.

They'll never do that, at least, I find it extremely unlikely. At the moment their attitude seems to be to charge for the extras, things that they already know most users will not use. That's fine IMO, as I'm sure it is making them a nice tidy sum to plough into future development. If they started charging for leagues...well, I think they'd be slicing their own throats on that one, and they wouldn't recover from such a move.

The reason it will count as you getting a loss is when you add money using FMRTE it just appears rather than actually coming in as turnover, if you used the SI editor it comes in under 'other', so classes as turnover

This happened to an AI team in my first 14.1.4 save, but I dare not bring that up since it didn't happen if you don't have the save to upload or a screen shot/pkm to prove it, and I no longer have that save. I didn't think it was a bug, I just thought some of the big spending teams were getting their due, it made me happy to see it tbh.

They'll never do that, at least, I find it extremely unlikely. At the moment their attitude seems to be to charge for the extras, things that they already know most users will not use. That's fine IMO, as I'm sure it is making them a nice tidy sum to plough into future development. If they started charging for leagues...well, I think they'd be slicing their own throats on that one, and they wouldn't recover from such a move.

I thought that about a few things, but it's creeping steadily into console games. The FM cheats are a bit daft though, well, folk buying em are. I mean there's more than one that you can do yourself by simply fiddling with the editor or taking over man city and selling them some nobody for £50m then retiring.

Archived