Injurys after making three subs?

Lost count how often this happens, I usually make my subs around the 60th minute mark, if i'm chasing a game its more than likely i'm going to throw 3 players on. I dont think its ever happened when I make 2 subs but 3 and a player will get injured and leave me with 10 men. Happens way to often

If you change the option so that you don't share data with SI it stops their employees from checking on what's happening in your game and initiating the "finish him" command (turn your headphones up to full and you will hear the mortal kombat audio amongst the fans). SI implemented it under the guise of helping to track piracy and other information, but in truth its just so that when bored they can assume direct control.

Alternatively, there may be something in the fact you're pushing harder to win the game, players are more tired and the AI may change tactics to tackle harder as well in an attempt to dissuade some of your players (particularly any who are perhaps lacking in bravery/determination) and ultimately with the quicker pace the game an error is more likely and if you're an Arsenal fan - a wild Ryan Shawcross will appear and snap your players leg.

I've noticed this happen to me countless times, it's not a myth, it's a fact.

I've decided to never use all 3 subs in-order to stop injuries.

The guys who've never witnessed this, are the first to call you crazy, you're not alone mate it's happened to many people.

As I posted in the feedback thread, I actually went back and analysed this over many seasons (more than 20 seasons in FM13 and 10 in FM14). I make three subs by 60 minutes in every game. Over 30 seasons I have averaged less than once per season having an injury after 60 minutes forcing me to sub a player - way too few.

It sure sticks in the memory when it does happen, but on average it is actually not enough rather than too many.

The guys who've never witnessed this, are the first to call you crazy, you're not alone mate it's happened to many people.

Prove. It.

If it's a 'fact' and the 3 subs = bad injury/stretchering off later in the game thing always happened (meaning it would have to be coded in), everyone would see it: there would be no "guys who've never witnessed this".

The fact that it happens to some quite often and very rarely if at all to others proves that you're either a) unlucky, b) making poor choices once all your subs have been made (taking chances with tackling set to hard, etc), or c) are indeed having the reality distorted by a kind of selective memory event.

However,

And refusal to accept responsibility for taking the risk of not leaving a spare substitution in case of injury.

This isn't always possible or desirable. That could be due to injuries and players running low on 'condition', or it could be through tactical changes. Besides, denying there is a problem and then saying you should always leave a sub available no matter what suggests that there is a problem, and always leaving a 3rd sub option acts as a workaround.

People wouldn't just make it up for attention...

Maybe some people have better luck than others, but just posting a comment saying "Prove it" isn't helping, this stuff happens often.

It has nothing to do with "luck". It's something you're doing. You're maybe training your players too hard or pushing them too hard in matches or both. Or it could be something else entirely. If you know your players are prone to picking up injuries late in game, why use all your subs?

It has nothing to do with "luck". It's something you're doing. You're maybe training your players too hard or pushing them too hard in matches or both. Or it could be something else entirely. If you know your players are prone to picking up injuries late in game, why use all your subs?

In fact, using all three subs makes you less likely to have an injury late on, as the players will have better condition. Combine this with sensible squad rotation (even with a small squad) and you will likely have way less than real life amounts of injuries.

No need to, it is interesting to see such a good example of how perception/selective memory influences peoples judgement.

I still maintain it is the gremlins of SI towers directly interfering with our games. I also believe that whenever the AI team makes a miraculous come back one of the testers has come in and unleashed their private tactics on us (based on the theory that game testers generally are among the best players of the game they tested)

I think the point is perhaps more that 60 minutes go by without any injuries at all, and then you make your subs and someone gets injured.

If they were injured on 50 minutes, or 90, or even 5, then we wouldn't notice so much. Whereas 3 subs on 60 mins = red injury on 65 minutes.

(this is selective memory, but it's also a good rule of thumb)

If you truly believe that this is a "fact", then it must be programmed into the game. So then ask yourself (or I'll just ask you), "Why?" Why would the devs program this into the game knowing it will upset players? They want to make the most entertaining game possible so that we tell our friends how great it is and continue to buy their product every year. It makes absolutely no sense that they would sabotage their own game to **** off paying customers.

It's a small sample size, but I believe that this has only happened to me twice in 5+ full seasons with the same team and perhaps a dozen partial seasons with various teams (trying out various countries/leagues). It's possible that I'm forgetting maybe one other instance, but I really don't think so. Also, the 5+ seasons with one team is in Brazil, where many more matches are played than the average league (Mid-Jan to early-Dec playing twice a week most weeks with no break if you're in the Copa), so I should see this more often, not less. And to give you an idea of how much I sub, I would say that 95% of the time I've subbed in three players by the 75th minute. I do keep a rather large squad and rotate as much as possible and give days off, so if you don't do that, it's a decent possibility that you're just overworking your players and they're more likely to get injured anyway.

If you're right, here is a way to "prove" it: Pick a random team. Start a new game and manage them. Make three subs before 60 minutes for the first five matches in a row and upload the video of each match from 60 minutes on. If this is a "fact", then we should see injuries in three or more of the matches regardless of the team/league that you've picked.

Lost count how often this happens, I usually make my subs around the 60th minute mark, if i'm chasing a game its more than likely i'm going to throw 3 players on. I dont think its ever happened when I make 2 subs but 3 and a player will get injured and leave me with 10 men. Happens way to often

The lower the condition of the players, the higher risk of injury. So there will generally be more injuries at the end of a match when players are tired, than at the beginning.

I usually wait for my last sub until about 72-77th minute.

Moyes made 3 at half time against Fulham and, also, wasn't Barry Fry known for doing it as well?

Not that it's a good idea :p

Fry once made three in the first half, and none of them forced.

As for the original poster, if you use all three subs with half an hour to play, you're always going to run the risk of going down to ten men due to injury.

I've probably had more injuries before I've made my first substitution than after I've made my third substitution. I try not to use my second sub until the 75 minute mark, and I try not to touch my third sub if the game's close, because there's nothing worse than ending up in extra time a man down for 30 minutes.

Archived