FM14: Ross Barkley - Potential World Class Attacking Midfielder

clokey1988

Ross Barkley - future England number 10

Ross-Barkley-England.png

Date of Birth: 05/12/1993

Height: 6ft 2.5in

Position: Attacking midfielder

Liverpool-born Ross is a versatile midfielder who has progressed through Everton's academy.

A box-to-box player, he has been with the Blues since the age of 11 and was playing for the Under-18s at 15.

The youngster sees his heading ability, tackling and his passing as his strengths, and admitted players like Mikel Arteta and Tim Cahill helped him during his development.

After appearing regularly for the first team in Everton's pre-season campaign in 2011, Barkley made his first professional start in the 1-0 defeat to QPR at Goodison Park in August - earning positive reviews for an energetic display.

Barkley netted his first competitive club goal in the 2-2 draw at Norwich on the opening day, days after getting on the scoresheet for England Under-21s in the 6-0 thrashing of Scotland.

Three Lions manager Roy Hodgson subsequently handed the 19-year-old his first senior call-up to the national side on 27 August 2013 ahead of World Cup qualifiers against Moldova and Ukraine.

Barkley has been a revelation this season in real life and attracted some seriously glowing reviews - "like Paul Gascoigne but quicker" was one of my personal favourites. The big English clubs are all keeping an eye on this guy who has the talent to go all the way.

In Football Manager 2014

Barkley's potential ability in the game is

Here he is at the start of the game:

RossBarkley_OverviewAttributes-2_zps71635729.png

RossBarkley_OverviewInformation_zps13c51fb5.png

He costs a lot of money at the start of the game. Everton won't be tempted to sell for less than £25-£30 million and some future clauses. His wage demands are £30,000-£40,000 per week.

He can become quite a bit cheaper later on depending on how he develops and how Everton do. On my game Everton were relegated so I was able to pick him up relatively cheaply.

Here he is in the summer of 2017:

RossBarkley_OverviewAttributes_zps919eab10.png

As you can see, he's developed into a genuinely world class player. I've taught him some new PPMs - "gets forward whenever possible" and "shoots with power". I play him as a Shadow Striker in a variety of formations, usually he operates behind two strikers and I give him instructions to roam from his position. As you can see from the number of goals he has scored he is very, very effective in that role.

Been an absolute beast for me. Anyone else have any experience with the guy?

Cheers.

@ Clokey1988 - What sort of training schedule have you had him on? Just signed him in January of the 2nd season for just over £15 million and what to ensure I get the best out of him.

I'm certainly going to look into getting the PPMs the same as yours...

How on earth did you get him for Luton in May 2017 which is only four seasons in which Luton can only be in the Championship even if they won promotion every single season! No wonder he got 43 if your in the Championship ;)

Some cheating going on there perhaps......

or because as he said Everton got relegated.......

or because as he said Everton got relegated.......

that's not what he's saying

he's claiming that being in the top tier at the end of the 4th season isn't possible

1st season (13/14) - promoted, out of BS Premier, into league 2

2nd season (14/15) - promoted, out of league 2, into league 1

3rd season (15/16) - promoted, out of league 1, into championship

4th season (16/17 - CURRENT SEASON) - promoted, out of championship, into premiership

he wouldn't have made it into the premiership yet (being may 2017)

of course, given that he's also ManUtd in the season 1 screenshot, it makes Luton's development even more weird (surely an AI manager wouldn't progress that fast)

edit: that's besides the point though

looks like a top player in that screenshot, and may consider him if I onsell Correa (still with Everton on my season 3 save)

he's claiming that being in the top tier at the end of the 4th season isn't possible

4th season (16/17 - CURRENT SEASON) - promoted, out of championship, into premiership

of course, given that he's also ManUtd in the season 1 screenshot, it makes Luton's development even more weird (surely an AI manager wouldn't progress that fast)

looks like a top player in that screenshot, and may consider him if I onsell Correa (still with Everton on my season 3 save)

complety missed the fact it said premiership at the top :D my bad. i assumed he'd somehow got him in the championship.

also as an Everton fan, i've yet to get Ross to complete 30 games in a season, never mind 38 :D

I signed him mid-way through the second season at Arsenal and loaned him back to Everton for rest of season to get the ever needed expereince...looking forward to having him in my team come pre-season, that as well as Will Hughes, the future is bright with Arsenal :)

IRL he is a very intelligent player IMO. I've been watching him recently and I think he is the "real deal". My prediction is that he will become better player than Rooney and Wilshire, under Martinez' coaching.

Too bad that on FM I'm playing as Liverpool and therefore won't be able to get him.

IRL he is a very intelligent player IMO. I've been watching him recently and I think he is the "real deal". My prediction is that he will become better player than Rooney and Wilshire, under Martinez' coaching.

Too bad that on FM I'm playing as Liverpool and therefore won't be able to get him.

His off the ball movement is very good really did a great job of opening up the Arsenal midfield. His decision making is woeful currently but I expect it to get better. Wilshere was better at 18 than Barkley is now though but Wilshere hasn't progressed from that point particularly as a result of injuries.

I am keen on getting him on my game but since I am Arsenal I have many great attacking mids

How on earth did you get him for Luton in May 2017 which is only four seasons in which Luton can only be in the Championship even if they won promotion every single season! No wonder he got 43 if your in the Championship ;)

Some cheating going on there perhaps......

Because before I started the game I edited Luton into League Two - I've spent the last four years of Football Manager getting Luton promoted from the soul-destroying hell that is the Conference and this year I decided I'd had enough. Think of it as an alternate reality game in which Luton weren't ***** in real life last season and were promoted.

So yeah there was "some cheating" going on but no player potential or finances were edited so it doesn't make a difference to how good Barkley can become on anyone's game.

Cheers.

The Man Utd screenshot was a new game I started purely to get a screenshot of Barkley at the start of the game for this thread and unrelated to the Luton save (see above for why Luton are in the Prem on that - yes, it was a result of "cheating" but no, it didn't effect Barkley's ability).

Cheers.

That development of Barkley is insane, i've not seen him that good in anyones game anywhere. You must be extremely lucky!

On another note, do you play with the 14.1.3 patch and use the Corner cheat? Just a question as for Barkley to score 47 goals from AMC/SS is mental.

That development of Barkley is insane, i've not seen him that good in anyones game anywhere. You must be extremely lucky!

On another note, do you play with the 14.1.3 patch and use the Corner cheat? Just a question as for Barkley to score 47 goals from AMC/SS is mental.

What corner cheat? Has this been reported as a bug?

14.1.3 patch yes, corner cheat no. Or at least, I don't think so; whenever I've encountered a corner cheat in past versions it's been set to near post or use short option. I have corner delivery set to "mixed" so I don't think it could be a bug, although he did score maybe 6 or 7 from corners over the season. A lot of his goals came from direct free kicks but I'd say the biggest single source of his goals was from shots from outside the area in open play.

Cheers.

Archived