What's up with the scouting, and Brazil-biased regens?

I'm currently in mid March, second season, with Man Utd. My scouting pool has filed 111 reports from South America, 108 of them Brazilians, and just 3 from Argentina. I have both leagues loaded there, including the Chilean one. I set the filters of the scouting in that region, as with all regions I scout in, to no older than 19, with a PA of at least 4 stars. How the hell are there that many quality Brazilians popping up over there, miles more than other countries there, and even way higher than all of Europe, where my scouts do Central Europe, Eastern & Southern. There was 46 reports in total from Central Europe, Southern & Eastern combined, but 111 in South America, finding players from just two countries. My scouts are not finding any Spanish ones for example, even though I have a Central Europe assignment in place. I had to manually set one for Liga Adelante and the Spain Under 19's just to find some. With limited scouting assignments on FMC, it's makes it a tad tricky to find regens when your scouting pool seems greatly lacking when doing their rounds in Europe. I keep seeing players appearing at City, Arsenal, Chelsea etc who I don't know about at all, because my scouting pool is missing regens in Europe quite badly. That's nowhere near an issue, though, as the cloning factories they seem to have built in Brazil, as I mentioned above. I am really enjoying FMC, but the regen issue is becoming exactly that, a real issue. Are others finding the same to be happening?

2025 here, Brazil is a POWERHOUSE and so is Germany. of the top 50 players I have found in this game, 19 are from Brazil, 17 are from Germany, 7 from France, the other 5 are from Greece, Uruguay, Argentina, Holland and England. This is a shocking ratio to me.

How is it affecting your experience in that save? It's been enough for me to stop mine, even though I was having a great time playing it before I realised the issue. I am an FM player who prefers long saves, so hence why it's been bad enough for me to stop. It would have started to feel like some naive football sim, where just a few nations dominated the game after a period of time, when all the real life players retired. I seriously hope it will be remedied, as it stands out like a sore thumb. I posted about it to the bugs forum earlier, in chance that it may be found out and fixed as soon as possible. It's a real pity as FMC had re-found my love for this game, but it feels badly broken now.

It doesn't bother me too much, I mean, it sucks seeing EPL teams full of German and Brazilian players but it doesn't break the game, so I play on. I am used to this kind of thing, I am a Canadian and I used to playing hockey games... you know, having one or two nations dominate all the time is nothing new to me LOL. All joking aside, I would prefer realism but I refuse to let this make me not play at all.

• Administrators

If you're having these issues then it would be best to post this in the FMC bugs forum so I can take a look.

In my most recent soak, the top 50 are spread out, with the majority Brazilians and France in a England, Spain and Italy game.

It will really depend on what leagues you have loaded and the size of the database.

In the Premier League there are 5 Brazilians in 2023, the majority of overseas imports French, with a Jamaican player (newgen) in the top 50 English Premier League players.

I don't think from my data things are too far out but it really will be different in everybody's games, so to complain that it needs to be remedied really needs examples in the bugs forum for us to look at. I see that that is the case for you distant sounds, but for others that is the best place to report issues rather than a general discussion thread like this.

• Administrators

There were less than 5 ''best' German players in the game I was speaking about above, which just shows that the results will be different depending on the makeup of the save game I'm afraid.

Leagues loaded: Only the top divisions in: Argentina, Brazil, France, Germany, Holland, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Russia, Scotland, Spain and Wales and all of England to the bottom. This is how I set it up from the start and have not changed any since.

I must note, this is not an issue to me, I am just helping out with what information I can regarding this. I really don't care if it is lopsided and I do not have more than my own personal save to use as a reference point. I can look at other saves in our house if need be...

Mexico are pretty high in that screenie......Are the mexican's really churning out that good youngsters these days to earn a youth rating like that?

It does seem very high, but let's not forget that Mexico did win the Men's Gold at the 2012 Olympics, which was predominantly youth players- beating Brazil, no less. They'd probably be genuine World Cup contenders in 2014 if it weren't for the fact that they keep having off-pitch scandals and the subsequent manager changes, this year especially.

Archived