I need help about Ranking Levels

PaMi 7

Hello boys, I need help about Ranking Levels

I would like to create the championship of Afghanistan with 8 teams without groups, the top 4 teams that make the playoffs for the title and the last one that makes the play-off versus winner team of second division (that I'll create) but I don't know how to set ranking levels.

Do you can help me, please?

Ranking levels aren't important unless your league has an opening/closing stage. You don't need the advanced editor for what you suggest and I highly recommend that you don't use it - it's more trouble than it's worth so only ever use it when you need to

Ranking levels is not necessary to set in that kind of league. If you have created leagues with basic editor plus created champions playoff and relegation playoffs for top division, everything is almost done. Then you just convert to advanced rules and edit some details you want. It's much easier to do that way as via basic editor it's much quicker to create basics.

I created my league with basic editor but it doesn't work:

FM declare winner of the league the team that finished first in the regular season, not the winner of the playoff final

I also created my league with advanced editor but it doesnt't work for the same reason:

FM declare winner of the league the team that finished first in the regular season, not the winner of the playoff final

I downloaded Afghanistan file from another website and the only difference between two files (the mine and the file found on another website) is in that one are setted the Ranking Levels and this file works.

This happens because of an editor bug.

You may need to select Use Playoff Rankings for the league stage.

How I do this? And where?

Have you select which stage winner is considered as champions?

No, I had clicked only on the box on the left of the write "winner is considered as champions" but the file doesn't work neither if I don't click on this box

We suggested that you make it in the basic editor, the problem is undoubtedly caused by a problem in your edits rather than an editor bug - it's a case of making sure eveything's done correctly, hence why you shouldn't of used the advanced editor.

We suggested that you make it in the basic editor, the problem is undoubtedly caused by a problem in your edits rather than an editor bug - it's a case of making sure eveything's done correctly, hence why you shouldn't of used the advanced editor.

If I create my file with basic editor, and in the same way as I created last year with FM2013, my file doesn't work while if I create the file with basic editor of FM 2013 the file works well so there is a bug in FM 2014 editor

If I create my file with basic editor and then I converted in advanced, the file doesn't work; since hokster file and mine are made exactly in the same way except that hokster set the ranking levels, it means that the problem is ranking levels so I repeat my question:

Who can help me to set the correct levels of evaluation, please?

P.S.: it is true that they are not very practiced with editor but is very very very clear that this year's SI gave us an editor full of bugs.....

Hello.

try this :

first stage (maybe should use "dont rank team using this stage" or "some of playoff teams will get a promotion place" (dont remember name of flags exactly))

position---current ranking---highest ranking---lowest ranking

---0-------------0----------------0----------------2--------

---1-------------1----------------0----------------2--------

---2-------------2----------------0----------------2--------

---3-------------2----------------0----------------2--------

---4-------------3------------------------------------------

---5-------------4------------------------------------------

---6-------------5------------------------------------------

---7-------------6------------------------------------------

playoff

semifinal

winner ranking current ranking 1, highest 0---- loser 2

final

winner ranking current ranking 0, highest 0---- loser 1

then under "competition", fill the ranking level

ranking-------no. teams---------main stage------------sub stage---------------type---------

--0--------------1---------------(playoff)------------(name of round)------competition winner---

--1--------------1---------------(playoff)------------(name of round)------team managed to...

--2--------------2---------------(playoff)------------(name of round)----- team managed to...

--3--------------1--------------(first stage)------------------------------ team was competitive

--4--------------1--------------(first stage)-------------------------------team was competitive

--5--------------1--------------(first stage)------------------------------team was competitive

--6--------------1--------------(first stage)------------------------------just avoid relegation

hope it helps.

Ranking levels aren't important unless your league has an opening/closing stage. You don't need the advanced editor for what you suggest and I highly recommend that you don't use it - it's more trouble than it's worth so only ever use it when you need to

So how is one supposed to use ranking levels for an opening/closing stage league? I'm making an opening/closing league atm and when I verify it it says everything's OK but I know you're very experienced with this sort of thing (especially with what can go wrong!) so can you give me a quick run-down of how the ranking levels are supposed to work?

On the "Ranking Levels" section you want to set it so that clubs don't sack or prise managers prematurely over the opening stage by setting appropriate expectation levels - e.g. the top two positions might be set to "competed for the title". If you want an example, load up the editor and select "add nation rules" to Mexico, and then select "add to existing structure". Then convert to advanced rules and look at those already in place for mexico :)

I wrote about an editor bug on SI forum;

SI forum is full of topics about an editor bug;

I am referring to all threads, not just mine, so my questions is:

where is SI staff?

Why SI doesn't answer us?

FM2014 editor is a worst ever, it's a shame that SI staf ignore us: why SI doesn't help us?

Forgot they that we bought and paid their product?

Their silence is a shame!!!

Anyway, I tried to do as he said Gilligan and the file doesn't work so it's official:

it's a bug of the editor.

Thank you very very much, Sports Interactive!!

Goodbye

P.S.: Close this thread please

Archived