Keep getting sacked!

Hi,

I have been playing Football Manager since 1992 or whatever year it was (when it was called champ man). I have always been pretty good, not amazing, but good!

Anyway, I can count on my one hand the number of times I have been sacked. Well, I could until this new game came out. I have had 2 attempts at being QPR manager, first time round I got sacked in my second season and the next time i was sacked even before January! I have also played as Newcastle and got sacked before Jan.

They are the only 3 games I have played so far.

My formation is usually 4 1 2 2 1 or 4 2 3 1 something usually like that anyway. I like to play with 2 wide inside forwards (or wingers) and one up front. For QPR Charlie Austin averaged about a 5 a game and for newcastle cisse was the same! I tried varying how they played (ie advanced forward, poacher etc), but still no luck!

Is anyone else struggling with this game a lot more? I nearly always go about 10 games without winning!

I think I can beat that as I'm usually Stockport manager :lol: but seriously I think the players need whipping into shape in order to get back in form

Stockport is impossible on this game - on my previous save I was sacked late January - never been sacked before on a version of FM. Im now starting again with the new patch as the set pieces bug didn't help my cause on the game

My formation is usually 4 1 2 2 1 or 4 2 3 1 something usually like that anyway. I like to play with 2 wide inside forwards (or wingers) and one up front. For QPR Charlie Austin averaged about a 5 a game and for newcastle cisse was the same! I tried varying how they played (ie advanced forward, poacher etc), but still no luck!

Is anyone else struggling with this game a lot more? I nearly always go about 10 games without winning!

Well for starters I wouldn't recommend plaing a Poacher as a loan striker, and I'd only recommend an Advanced Forward if you have an AMC.

But I'd actually say to go over to the tactics section of the forum. There's tons of useful stuff in there. :thup:

As has been suggested - have a read of wwfan's 12-step thread in the tactics forum.

Think of it as like a manual - the game has changed a lot since 1992 and this year there are a few things you definitely need to learn. The guide really helps (and takes about ten mins to read).

Made a big difference for me - good luck!

Archived