possible regens bug/cheat?

Hello there,

just noticed, I arranged a friendly with my Under21's playing as Tottenham, that was during international fixtures date. As a result, 4-5 regens appeared for selection, of course i knew from other FM's that it is legitimate to sign them ,but i noticed, they really were top class (potential 3-4 stars) . Could this be called cheating or a bug?

Its normal for "grey" players to appear when you are short of players to make up a team. They are created with around the same level of skill as you would expect from that team.

Its not really a bug as such as its there to allow you to continue your save but if you exploited it regularly to get players I would consider it cheating.

It didn't work as in , it didn't regenerate 4-5star potential regens? Maybe it's due to your facilities or head of youth development?

I tried it with a Belarusian team in the top division, as their friendlies coincide with the international friendlies. Only one 4.5 star potential player was regenerated. All the rest were 1 and 2 star potential. Wasn't bothered when it didn't work, as I was just curious.

Its normal for "grey" players to appear when you are short of players to make up a team. They are created with around the same level of skill as you would expect from that team.

Unless it's the AI, where you often see wayyy better players created :rolleyes: basically broke my Pentagon in the past because despite having by far the best team in the South African league every time I played another african team in the continental competition they would have squads full of 'grey' players with outrageous stats :(

Raise it in the bugs forum, please.

Grey players generated for your squad are meant to be of low quality.

Does the same apply for AI teams? I mean, there are loads of discrepancies between how the game treats human teams and AI teams but these always tend to get excuses made for them.

Does the same apply for AI teams? I mean, there are loads of discrepancies between how the game treats human teams and AI teams but these always tend to get excuses made for them.

No - AI teams generate grey players at a level that suits the team to maintain the gaming world. If this didn't happen, the footballing world simulated by FM would be much weaker. It's to make up for there not being enough real players to fill out every team in the database.

Ok thanks, I see someone else already raised it there so it should be fixed then. Thanks again

In these cases, it's always good to add your own case to the same topic. Just because it's already been raised doesn't mean SI won't accept a different input on it. It's still just as valuable.

Archived