Training Camps

Wait a minute, it just occurred to me that my Stirling Albion team didn't go on training camp this pre-season. Last season, we had training camp in Germany, this year, the board just asked me how long a pre-season we wanted, but never asked about a training camp. Hmmm...what did we do in Germany in July that kept us from being invited back?

Wait a minute, it just occurred to me that my Stirling Albion team didn't go on training camp this pre-season. Last season, we had training camp in Germany, this year, the board just asked me how long a pre-season we wanted, but never asked about a training camp. Hmmm...what did we do in Germany in July that kept us from being invited back?

Maybe it cost them a lot and they feel the benefit was not worth the expenditure

In my 12 seasons of management I think we've only been asked to arrange 3 training camps. Just won the UCL and didn't get offered to arrange one. What causes them to be offered? And really what's the purpose? Just to raise morale? I can do that through a few easy friendlies. Also, why would my board arrange a training camp in a foreign land when the World Cup was on. Seriously, I only had 5-8 first team players available the rest were useless youth from U19s.

I'd like to see this developed more and be able to cancel it, like the OP is asking about.

Archived