The 'Triple X' Set - Home, Away & Maverick - The Wingers are back!!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got a new tactic that's been sensational non-league. Won Skrill Premier when media prediction was 19th. I conceded 21 less goals than any team in the division with a pants team. Just testing now to see if this transfers to a Top League.

Wow, looking forward to this. What kind of formation is it?

Wow, looking forward to this. What kind of formation is it?

Don't want to give that away at the moment in case its pants with Top Teams. You wont have seen anything like it I dont think, but when you sit and consider the formation and roles it actually makes a lot of sense.

I'm testing with Man City, got a couple of hours in before work this morning.

First game was away at Old Trafford and it didn't look good losing 3-1. Since then we've had 5 clean sheets in a row in the league, are top of the League and have dished out a couple of 4-0 hammerings which could of been a lot better. Lost away to Shaktar 2-1 in the Champions League which was very harsh, but just turned over Barcelona 3-1 very comfortably. Silva, who has a key role in this tactic is out for 6 months which has thrown a spanner in the works.

Its looking really promising, a couple of early season wobbles but i expect things to settle down and start putting some long unbeaten runs together.

Also started my Tonbridge League 2 campaign well with a pants team so definately a good lower league/underdog tactic.

Don't want to give that away at the moment in case its pants with Top Teams. You wont have seen anything like it I dont think, but when you sit and consider the formation and roles it actually makes a lot of sense.

First game was away at Old Trafford and it didn't look good losing 3-1. Since then we've had 5 clean sheets in a row in the league, are top of the League and have dished out a couple of 4-0 hammerings which could of been a lot better. Lost away to Shaktar 2-1 in the Champions League which was very harsh, but just turned over Barcelona 3-1 very comfortably. Silva, who has a key role in this tactic is out for 6 months which has thrown a spanner in the works.

Its looking really promising, a couple of early season wobbles but i expect things to settle down and start putting some long unbeaten runs together.

Also started my Tonbridge League 2 campaign well with a pants team so definately a good lower league/underdog tactic.

Sounds good man!

Looking forward to it Mr Rosler.

Looking forward to it Mr Rosler.

The forward play needs tweaking for the top league. In the lower league's you can power thru the middle of teams and convert a decent number of 'face on' chances as the keepers are not great.

This approach is very hit & miss in the top league's as Goal Keepers are very good at one on one's. Still think i'm pretty close to a really good tactic just need to inject a bit of guile into our attack. Got a few ideas on how to do this.

The forward play needs tweaking for the top league. In the lower league's you can power thru the middle of teams and convert a decent number of 'face on' chances as the keepers are not great.

This approach is very hit & miss in the top league's as Goal Keepers are very good at one on one's. Still think i'm pretty close to a really good tactic just need to inject a bit of guile into our attack. Got a few ideas on how to do this.

That is one of my main complaints of FM14 and probably a few other editions in that you can have a great striker clean through on goal and it seems that more often than not the keeper wins. Very frustrating.

Ok, the tweaked version is looking really good. Started the season on a 20 game unbeaten run straight off the bat. 17 wins 3 draws. Ok this is with Man City but on this version of the game it takes some doing, especially season 1.

Will post a screenshot later :brock:

Here you go.........

Kv1oKoq.png

Not conceded more than 1 goal in any game so far........... which helps...................

so when will the tweaked version be available? Can't wait :D

Should be tomorrow, want to finish the City season.

It's not a tweaked version of XXX set, its a completely new tactic, new formation.

Lost 3 games now, all 1-0.

In 2 of them we were down to 10 men early in the 1st half.

Still looking really good. Lots of clean sheets. Walking the league, won league cup still in FA Cup & Champions league.

HSv289c.jpg

Trying this set out as after a fantastic first season with Everton using DOM set second season didn't really work out.

With XXX I am finding that my home form is great but my away form is the worst in the league. I am shipping in goals.

Feeling slightly embarrassed now. After my poor form i went on a massive winning streak got to the semi of the FA Cup losing to Arsenal in the last minute of extra time, finished 3rd in the league behind chelsea by 6 points and Man Utd by 27 points.

It just goes to show that you can have a great tactic but morale, players and luck play a massive part.

Feeling slightly embarrassed now. After my poor form i went on a massive winning streak got to the semi of the FA Cup losing to Arsenal in the last minute of extra time, finished 3rd in the league behind chelsea by 6 points and Man Utd by 27 points.

I trust goes to show that you can have a great tactic but morale, players and luck play a massive part.

You also have to take a long term view. There are times in any season when results go against you and its easy to think the tactic is pants. You need to run it for a whole season to get a good idea as to whether its for you or not. (which you've done :brock:)

Archived