RAINMAKER V5 and SILK & STEEL V5....... Yes, there back......

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems you've done it again! I'm half way through my season with Chimney Corner and predicted to be relegated however we are top with a game in hand despite having had an injury crisis for the last 6 weeks!

For the guys struggling with team talks check out the following.

Squad screen>Report>Last match>Team Talk Feedback

Dont underestimate this screen. I was losing games I should have won, but I was using similar TTs all of the time. Ichecked this screen and 7 of my players status was 'feels the TT is to repetitive'

Im not saying it will solve all problems but its well worth checking out

For the guys struggling with team talks check out the following.

Squad screen>Report>Last match>Team Talk Feedback

Dont underestimate this screen. I was losing games I should have won, but I was using similar TTs all of the time. Ichecked this screen and 7 of my players status was 'feels the TT is to repetitive'

Im not saying it will solve all problems but its well worth checking out

I didn't know about that. Thanks

Some times I think it would be better to play 'classic' and avoid all of that nonsense. At least if you lose on classic you know it's not down to getting team talks wrong when it's a complete guess what to say anyway.

In fact there is a strong argument that classic represents the purist form of the game especially for the tactically minded,

I didn't know about that. Thanks

Some times I think it would be better to play 'classic' and avoid all of that nonsense. At least if you lose on classic you know it's not down to getting team talks wrong when it's a complete guess what to say anyway.

In fact there is a strong argument that classic represents the purist form of the game especially for the tactically minded,

Haha its something I actually found usefull browsing through the GD!!!

I tried out classic as I was starting my San Marino save, it just annoyed me only having 2 squads (Main/U19)

Just played a game I was 3-0 up at HT. I chose 'dont let your performance drop' which naturally produced 5 red responses and the rest with seemingly no response.

Checking the feedback screen after the game, the red players 'expected to receive praise' and 4 of the others 'appreciated being challenged by the manager'

I scored 2 mins after the break and played out the rest of the half and won 4-0.

The problem is, red responses look bad so people will use TTs that they no avoid them, this isnt always the case. I had never even looked at that report screen before, so I would have never found the TT feedback. I think it needs to be more readily available (without having to navigate screen after screen but thats another issue!)

Edit: I should say they were bottom and pontless after 5 games whereas I was undefeated (so it should have been a banker of a loss!)

At last!

HDpnrPn.png

Thats Skrill South to Premier League title in 17 seasons. Previous 2 seasons I had a higher points tally but came 2nd, guess you need that bit of luck along the way.

Got 3 seasons left at Tonbridge, will try and win 3 more titles. I have an idea for a new tactic I want to try, i scored less than 2 goals a game using this set so its a bit too 'Mourinho' for my liking although you cant argue with the results.

Looking for more goals. Will keep you posted.

Awesome achievement Mr.R.

I'm not having so much luck. I managed to pull East Grinstead out of Sussex County L1 to the Skrill South before 14.3 kicked in. I've tried all of your recent tactics including testing with the tactics at fluid (FMRTE). I'm on my real save and 20 games in but 2nd from bottom. It's so frustrating. I think your v5 tactics are probably suited to slightly better players than at this level. I don't want to take you away from your 20 year Tonbridge save but when you were testing with Stockport the tactics you produced saw me rise through the lower leagues fairly easily but now.....

I'll try and stick with it but I'm tempted to park the save and start a new save with Palace.

After my little dalliance with inter i have decided to go back to Bristol City even tho i won the title with inter it just wasnt the same as the Bristol team i had brought through the leagues to the PL.... These v5's imo need the correct player types as listed in 2nd post to get the very very best out of them and it doesnt happen over night so i am going to try and create a squad from youngsters thats totally built around those stats

knackered, so will be quick. will elaborate tomorrow.

COMPLETE FORWARDS/ATTACKS

ACCELERATION

finishing

composure

off the ball

CENTRAL MIDFIELD ATTACK

ACCELERATION

finishing

passing

composure

BOX TO BOX

WORK RATE

tackling

passing

determination

ANCHOR

TACKLING

positioning

determination

strength

FULL BACKS

CROSSING

passing

acceleration

work rate

CENTRE BACKS

JUMPING REACH

positioning

marking

tackling

(make sure 1 is quick and put on left CB (cover) position.

GOAL KEEPER

AERIAL ABILITY

reflexes

one on one's

handling

PREMIER LEAGUE - AIM 15 FOR KEY ATTRIBUTE 12 FOR THE OTHER 3 AS MINIMUM STANDARD.

Anything better than this is gravy. scale accordingly to your division.

Is there any other stats you would recommend when scouting new players , aswell as the above ones you have mentioned?

Is there any other stats you would recommend when scouting new players , aswell as the above ones you have mentioned?

I normally use these to scout then use the star rating to pick up the most rounded players.

Got battered using (primarily) the underdog tactic with Sunderland in the premiership, but not sure if that's the tactic or the ****-poor Sunderland squad. Got sacked in Feb. Now with newly relegated Wigan 15 months later. Will give it another bash :)

Have been using both these tactics with AC Milan. Won the league first season and runner up in the Italian Cup. However I found that i was conceding too often from free kicks/ corners , as there was nobody standing on the far post. Therefore I put my DM on the far post for corners/free kicks, and have found that I'm now conceding less goals from set pieces. Just starting my second season.

These tactics are fantastic. First season with Man Utd, won the league with 95pts (30 wins, 5 draws, 3 defeats) with a +75 goal difference. Won the Community shield, League cup and European cup, losing in the FA cup final on penalties to Arsenal to deny me the clean sweep. Sold a few players in the summer and brought in Diego Costa and Balanta. Costa scored 20, Rooney 30, RVP 29.

• 2 weeks later...

was doing pretty well with this, results went as follows:

Norwich W 2-0

Cardiff W 4-0

Celtic D 2-2

Palace D 1-1

Sunderland W 4-1

Porto 3-0

Fulham W 2-1

Swansea W 4-2

Villa W 2-0

Liverpool W 2-0

Tottenham W 2-1

United L 2-1

Burton (cup) W 2-0

Stoke D 0-0

Hull W 3-0

Then disaster struck

Bournemouth (cup) L 2-0

Southampton W 2-0

Chelsea L 1-0

Newcastle D 0-0

WBA L 3-2

Barca D 1-1

Everton L 2-1

West Ham W 3-1

Arsenal L 5-1

I am Man City, just been called in and been given a month.

I am currently level in 4th...pretty much a disaster! to tale 5 points from a possible 18 - I don't know what to do!

• 1 month later...

Mr Rosler,

I'm sure I read, somewhere, that you dropped this 4-1-3-2 sets because the two strikers kept getting isolated and the CMa was not bridging the gap. Does this now mean that the formation/tactics are now best alone?

I'm unsure of the 4-4-2, one size fits all, type of tactic. There seems nowhere to go to when you need a goal late on, but I really do prefer either a flat 4-4-2. Also, a 4-4-2 wide diamond but the 4-1-3-2 narrow formation is my favourite.

Mr Rosler,

I'm sure I read, somewhere, that you dropped this 4-1-3-2 sets because the two strikers kept getting isolated and the CMa was not bridging the gap. Does this now mean that the formation/tactics are now best alone?

I'm unsure of the 4-4-2, one size fits all, type of tactic. There seems nowhere to go to when you need a goal late on, but I really do prefer either a flat 4-4-2. Also, a 4-4-2 wide diamond but the 4-1-3-2 narrow formation is my favourite.

The 442 was my attempt to get a workable 442 at least. It is by no means my best tactic.

If my life depended on it I would be using my XXX set although someone mentioned the set pieces attacking and defending can be improved.

These versions of Rainmaker & S&S should still be good though.

• 3 weeks later...

Mr Rosler. I am still using the 4-1-3-2 set. I have this query for you. Ten or fifteen minutes to go and just one goal to the good. Using the Silk & Steel version do I just leave the formation/tactic as is or do I, click on the contain option, drop deeper, play narrower and take a breather options?

I'm thinking along the lines that to alter your tactics are not meant to be altered at all. Please advise.

Mr Rosler. I am still using the 4-1-3-2 set. I have this query for you. Ten or fifteen minutes to go and just one goal to the good. Using the Silk & Steel version do I just leave the formation/tactic as is or do I, click on the contain option, drop deeper, play narrower and take a breather options?

I'm thinking along the lines that to alter your tactics are not meant to be altered at all. Please advise.

Personally i just use S&S to see out the game. Nothing wrong with your suggestions but if you changed to those settings and conceded you'd drive yourself mad wondering whether you should have left it alone!

Give it a go, if you feel its working for you stick with that approach. If you start inviting pressure and conceding shots then maybe its not a good thing.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey Mr Rosler

Would you recommend using these tactics or are they outdated on patch 14.3.1? if these tactics are outdated, what tactic would you recommend?

Thanks

They should still work well on FM14.

or try this http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/396678-Heaven-s-Gate-Season-1-93-points-96-goals.-Negredo-34-goals-Aguero-32-goals-Nasri-33-assists

Archived