The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

lad at works reckons there are reports of the bitters bidding £2m for gravesen. not sure how much truth there is in that but id be annoyed if thats all it took to get him and we just let it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends. If we genuinely have no midfield signings in the offing then we should be in there, but we really should be after better and younger options.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Heinze/Vidic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I suppose those two come under the unknown banner for most at the time as we don't get a lot of Serbian or Russian football in the UK, while French only has highlights and delayed games in the real early hours of a sunday morning.

I had seen Gaby play and had seen bits of Vidic playing for Serbia, though he didn't have a good game.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Guardian article is more or less spot on, apart from the irrational Rio hate and claim that Fergie is 'honourable'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Points over Rio are valid tbh. The Paul Ince parallels are uncanny, although I suppose he is more important to us than Incey was once we bought Keano.

• 2 weeks later...

this is just ace icon_biggrin.gif first game of the season and can't sell it out icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United v Fulham, Sunday 20 August, kick off 1:30pm

One United Members who applied for this game have been successful subject to payments being debited. A number of tickets remain and these are available to One United Members by calling 0870 772 1999.

If you are interested in becoming a Season Ticket holder for Season 2006/2007, please call 0870 442 1999 or click here for further information.

If you have not yet renewed your Membership and would like to apply for Fulham tickets please call 0870 442 1994 option 2 then 5.

For information of 2006/2007 Season Tickets click here or call 0870 442 1999.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

BBBBBB - you were wrong in the Leeds thread btw.

If you want to try and be cocky at least get the basic rules of the transfer window correct otherwise you look like a dick.

(L) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give him a break, it's the delusion setting in that in just 103 minutes he will be an amateur again.

It's going to destroy him icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">padiham is just outside warrington right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, unless there's two. this padiham is in burnley. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah it'll be somewhere else no doubt with a similar name i was referring too

only been there a few times with work but the hotel i stop in is bloody good for food and beer plus the staff are very easy on the eye

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

It is the biggest game of the season in terms of the league tbf.

And we'll lose. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I understand that but most if the idiots at work see it as THE GAME of the season.

2 of the people who said this to me today have tickets icon_mad.gif

Only the 2nd game of the season either of them have been too.

• 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

Eboue wasnt down for THAT long. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didnt want to do this, but you left me with no choice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll have to roll out the big guns now

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Lille appeal rejected

Friday, 2 March 2007

UEFA's Appeals Body has ratified the validity of Manchester United FC's 1-0 victory at LOSC Lille Métropole in the UEFA Champions League last week, by backing the decision to reject a protest by the French club concerning Ryan Giggs's winning goal.

Technical error claim

Lille had appealed on Monday against the ruling of the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body to veto Lille's claim of a technical error by the referee of the first knockout round first-leg tie on 20 February, in allowing Ryan Giggs's match-winning free-kick to be taken without having blown his whistle.

Result valid

The Appeals Body supported the original decision that there was no proof of a technical error, and validated the result in Lens, a 1-0 victory to the English club. Lille will have the possibility of making a further appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport within three days of receiving notification of the UEFA Appeals Body's ruling.

©uefa.com 1998-2007. All rights reserved. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what with Liverpool's 70 squillion dollars, Arsenal's lot reaching puberty and a Hiddink inspired Chelsea coming on strong, this might be the last chance to win the league for a while.

any old half arsed bunch of useless talent free muppets can fluke their way to the CL final.

VERY happy with that icon14.gif

Not because I think Roma are easy or anything, they're not, but I really wanted to avoid the other English teams, so dodging them in both the QF's and potential semis is a great result.

Top stuff.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

my nani is dead you insensetive welsh twat. next time one of our players gets injured now im cheering. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Racist icon_frown.gif

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Mark clearly never saw the second leg of Bayern vs. Milan if he thinks the offside rule is going to take care of Inzaghi. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Having not seen it, does that mean he played well, or scored offside goals?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

****ing hate cockney , irish ,chinese , japanese united fans icon_mad.gif

Not the ones on here though, they're all awesome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im malaysian, do you hate me too ? icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh and our new left back fabio, scored SEVEN goals in the under 17's copa america.

you can stick your gareth bale icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mart's stolen someone's copy of world soccer

Archived