The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Dead Man's Party it is.

Speaking of pills, shouldn't you be taking your arthritis pills right about now Mark? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ask the lads who came to the 5-a-side if they think i need them, convict boy icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah he needs them, not iron pills though, got enough metal in him as it is.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nistelrooy_uk_10:

luca toni maybe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stopgap, but might be worth a punt.

Who are we kidding though - I'd still take two central midfielders over a midfielder and a striker in a second. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah couldnt agree more. sort the midfield out and we will be relying on the top 2 far less.

a front line of saha and rooney is hardly sh*t at the end of the day, its the bunk thats behind them we should be worrying about. i adore ruud and hope he goes on to win everything going at madrid but if his sale helps bring about a decent midfield it will be worth it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

And they cut from Ruud, before he got the chance to call Fergie a cuuuunt. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So annoying. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by somucheffort:

Has anyone got a manchester united squad list for the amsterdam tournament?

I presume united will be taking it quite seriously. I can see a 3-1 win however im having to bet on the game tommorw so i doubt ill be able to find a team sheet.

Any help is appreated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good result for me. A return of £55 with odds of 10/11. Shame i didnt put anything on the 3-1 but i dont like to bet on scores.

I'm not backing Mart here because even thought I know he has decent enough information, I still can't see it happening and I think loads of us have been pretty guilty of dismissing Bayern as some diddy club who'd cave in the moment we came-a-calling.

If we signed Hargreaves then he and Scholes would be the first choice for me.

I think we need someone like Owen in the team and then Scholes or Carrick next to him and at the Moment Scholes is the better option.

Yes Carrick comes with a big fee attached but thats it. He has to earn his place like everyone else and he will have the next two games to do that.

Probably wont sign Hargreaves but would be good if we did.

Hello

Has anyone experienced problems signing up to One United this year? I signed up about 2 weeks ago and have received nothing from them but an automated email confirmation, which gave me my membership number. The official site, however, tells me this number and my email address are invalid.

Any ideas? Has anyone else had any probs? (I've emailed them a couple of times, but had no response)

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok my votes:

MOTM: Vidic: Thought he was outstanding and am entirely comfortable with him being in our defence.

Runner-up: Evra: Seems to grow in confidence by the game and continues to impress me despite the odd lapse, which as he learns more and more about the defensive side of the game, should be largely eradicated. So good going forward, Heinze will have a job getting his place back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know Saha's miss was bad and everything but be fair, it's the first he's missed for us I think? He's scored the rest he has taken this season.

Had an off night though, could just see as he was standing there that he was going to miss it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Any one looking for City still?

My branch still havs places available so if you email them and ask martin at silvan dot fsnet dot co dot uk </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Not saying he will give you one but if your a member worth a chance

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

oh and Rooney looked worryingly poor again :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that'll be because he spent most of last week poncing around in NY.

• 2 weeks later...

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Fran Kuzui, 1992: great cast(I don't care what anyone says I like Luke Perry and David Arquette, so what?!)... also rutger hauer, paul reubens, and donald sutherland. Let me point out right off that I hate the television show with a passion. Sarah Michelle Gellar sucks, the writing sucks, there is no gore, there is macabre, there is nothing, just another half-assed 'charmed' piece of sci-fi wierdo ****. The movie on the other hand, is fantastic and fun. They maintain(unlike the show) throughout the whole high school cheerleader as a vampire slayer gag, and it works. The other thing that surprised me was the fact that it was a straight vampire story... no ghouls or witches or spells or superweapons or any of that horse **** the television show does(i mentioned 'charmed'-like before). There is gore, wooden stakes, and scenes at graveyards, the vampires are vampires with no other special powers, they are creepy, and lots of teenagers die, very funny movie, with a decent story.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ronaldo back to face Royals

Cristiano Ronaldo has shaken off the heavy cold which kept him out of United's win over Charlton last weekend, and is fit to face Reading on Saturday.

The United winger was sidelined by a bout of flu, but Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed Ronaldo is available for the FA Cup fifth round tie at Old Trafford.

The Reds' boss has one eye on the Champions League last 16 trip to Lille on Tuesday and will therefore make two or three changes to the side ahead of the tea-time clash with the Royals.

Wayne Rooney is suspended after accumulating five bookings, while broken nose victim Edwin van der Sar will be saved for the trip to France, meaning Tomasz Kuszczak will continue in goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Dibs on Keith's final ticket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heartless bastard, he's not even cold in the ground yet and you're divvying up his posessions icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fred_the_Red:

Where did the word 'beef' come from? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

beef is cognate with the modern French bœuf, meaning cow

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

found

when sorting throug various united-related things on my laptop earlier icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ronaldo giving the ball away. Sell him! icon_mad.gif

Oh, and Gabby's tackle on Morientes at Anfield was better than the tackles there. icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

After this ali

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

celtic, newcastle, reading icon_mad.gif

anyway, surely the dilemma from your pov isn't who to play instead of Richardson but who to play instead of Giggs?

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fcuk it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimmymc:

Odd one this lads but see if you can help.

Does anyone remember beckham playing in a shirt spelt "Beckam"? Would be very early season, thought charity sheild but cant find anything so could be a friendly. Im thinking 1996 probably. Pretty sure it was a substiute appearance.

A picture would be great but the name of the match would do. Ta. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only thing i can find is this at the bottom of the article

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The August FourFourTwo includes shirt tales (Dan Rookwood, "Big Girl's Blouse!" 46–47), from unconventional post-match exchanges to embarrassing gaffes (like spelling David Beckham's name "Beckam" at the 1997 Charity Shield). See also the Washington Post's nice history of shirt exchanging </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.theglobalgame.com/gleaneng.html

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

aye, we (coldberg and me) went to roma and it was 286 dayytrip, guaranteed ticket </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you going to milan?

i'm def up for experiencing the feel of some italian batons lol

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davidbowie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brunob:

sorry for going off topic, but i just bought a man u jersey the other day, do you guys think they will keep the same jersey next season? i hope so its the best looking jersey i have seen in awhile. thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think any professional sports team keeps the jersey the same every year. Why do that when you can get the diehards buying your new:

Home.

Away.

3rd.

Champions League.

Retro.

jerseys every year, at the low low price of £39.99 each.

fake edit - I just looked up their site, they shockingly, are not on the retro bandwagon. Missing out there glazer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This year's shirt is a retro design, tbf.

Celebrating 50 years Of Busby Babes-ness. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shhh eddie, he's trying to troll.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Anelka would be brilliant for us tbh. Plus he's guarenteed a goal against Arsenal, Liverpool, and City.

Viduka was linked earlier in the month, now I may get bashed for this, but I would go for him if we didn't get a prime target (Berbs, Huntelaar, Klose, Benni etc) as he would be cheap, and is proven in the Premiership. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

... and almost as injury-prone as Saha, and a lard-arse, and slow.

ha, i remember that. was on the same tape as that awful Sing Up For The Champions song with the tame version of the Ole song iirc icon_biggrin.gif

you are my solskjaer, my ole solskjaer

you're only happy when skies are grey

and when it's pouring, you just keep scoring

oh please don't take my solskjaer away

good lord

Archived