The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

Maybe it is just me, but I really can't see where the defending of Ronaldo has come from?

He has blantantly acted on pure selfishness against memeber of his own football club who pay his wages. He did it to Rooney and he did it to Gary Neville. If he thinks that all is going to be forgot and forgiven when the season comes, then he is still very immature and that is just something that we don't want.

If he is still at our club at the end of August, I am personally going to hunt him down and shoot him on his doorstep. Yes the guy showed where his heart may be, but winning games in that manner doing something which you shouldn't have got involved in was just plain idiotic and something which many people, including you lot have wanted to stop/be cut out of the game.

Rio, Gaz, Rooney and Ruud shold take it in turns kicking the crap out of him in training now, especially if it turns out he might be leaving the following week or something.

icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahahahhahahhahahahaha icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

christ almighty

• 2 weeks later...

God this pre-season is shỉt.

Assuming the worst, how should our midfield line up next season? With Scholesy back does that mean an ineffectual return to the wing for Giggs, or is he out the team for the fb but underated Park? O'Shea or Fletcher as the other centre midfielder? Where should Jones come into the equation - should we throw him in at the deep end or blood him slowly, and alongside who?

Jimlad, start a thread on it sometime or something. Then we can debate till the cows come home.

Although I fear it would distract me from taking my hard-earned qualifications and getting a real job.

If only United would hurry up and sign someone, we could stop all this nonsense...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

i hope that £16m + silvestre for carrick is something youve made up. i cant think of a more obscene transfer proposal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The Mirror says United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has upped the stakes to �16million for his top transfer target Carrick and has told Spurs that French defender Silvestre and John O'Shea are available. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Phew, thought it was broken. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think that they'd have let him walk down the steps if it were broken icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

When I left with 3 minutes to go of a PRE SEASON FRIENDLY and was bored out of my mind, missed 2 goals.

twatface Juni changed it with persuasion from Mika/Nickogs who will both get glassed on Sunday

I dont see what the big deal with Ole is. His knee is either up to it or it isnt. Yes he has been out a long time but if he wants to represent his country then so be it. I cant see Fergie starting Ole much even if he proves he is 100% fit and ready.

People forget not only has he had a full pre season but he played quite a few reserve games last season as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Smith starts at Deepdale

Alan Smith is a shock inclusion in the Reserves' line-up to face Preston North End in the Lancashire Senior Cup on Monday night.

In his first taste of competitive action since suffering a broken leg and dislocated ankle in February, the 25-year-old partners Giuseppe Rossi upfront at Deepdale.

The duo are the biggest names in a strong side chosen by caretaker boss Brian McClair.

First-team squad members David Jones, Chris Eagles and Liam Miller are joined by young winger Jamie Mullan in an experienced midfield.

Regular midfielder Ritchie Jones drops to centre-back with Ryan Shawcross, with Kieran Lee and Danny Rose manning the flanks at full-back.

Tom Heaton starts in goal, while Michael Barnes, Sean Evans, Phil Marsh, Aaron Burns, Floribert Ngalula and Ron-Robert Zieler are named on the bench.

United: Heaton, Lee, Shawcross, R Jones, Rose, D Jones, Eagles, Miller, Smith, Rossi, Mullan. Substitutes: Barnes, S Evans, Marsh, Burns, Zieler, Ngalula. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heart Alan Smith.

• 2 weeks later...

hahahaha

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Darren Fletcher

Fletcher will probably impress again soon against some of the Premiership's lesser lights. He may even repeat last year's trick and score a match-winner against Chelski. However, events on Sunday categorically demonstrated that the Scot will never be a top-class midfielder. Which is still arguably an improvement on John O'Shea, who will never be a central midfielder.

Michael Carrick

£18m signings aren't supposed to spend Big Four clashes on the bench. Carrick was anonymous against Celtic on Wednesday but his demotion was nonetheless a shock. By reinforcing his midfield with a converted defender, Ferguson not only damned Carrick but also his own summer judgement.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I think 5 live have spent about 2 minutes on the Man Utd game so far and its the featured match they are commentating on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They always do that, it's great when we're on Sports Extra.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Wasnt going to but surely if Carricks main job is to get the ball and move it on he should be a lot better at passing than Rooney and have a greater succes rate than Rooney? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there anything to say he isn't/doesn't? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I imagine his success rate is way higher than Rooneys and i hope it is.

although i dont know why i'm going on about this as its pointless with him so early into his United Career. Although Acou reminds me of me when i was trying to get people to give Ronaldo credit last season.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Nick's just seen Morientes in Manchester </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The strengthening of the front line continues icon_biggrin.gif.

Who's coming to wall on Boxing day?

Also Mart do you want me to bring spaced DVD?

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "Bloke at work went to watch Man Utd v Lille last night. The fans got put on special buses, to get them to several hotels and the airport safely. Most flights were from the local airport, upto Charles De Gaul then to Manchester, needless to say, extra flights were put on to various UK airports for the game.

Around 2 thousand were at the airport around 11pm - waiting for flights to Paris, several players including Wayne Rooney, Ferdinand & Giggs went to the airport, and put £10,000 (presumably out of their own pocket) behind the bar for people to get drinks - as a thankyou for their support during the difficult game." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

apparantly true, if it is that's just utterly fantastic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

even more annoyed we didn't get tickets now icon_frown.gif

kudos though if that's true

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If anyone thought Fulham was a one off from Wes then he proved them wrong. I'm sorry Wes but we have good defenders coming through so just find yourself another club ta. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

back on top form \O/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would have let Brown go anywaythese last two performances not withstanding. I would rather a Pique or an Evans take over and we cash in on Wesley.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised Mika hasn't killed himself after seeing Ruuuuuuud crash out of Europe and Silvestre cripple himself </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

\o/'ing a horrible injury like that is out of order. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hardly like he's dead is it? And I don't see you getting on your moral high horse when people make comments along the lines of 'I hope Richardson breaks both his legs' etc.

So, yeah, I think I'll stick to my own idea of what's 'out of order' rather than be dictated to, cheers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick said he's just seen him put in an ambulance, but \o/ obviously. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ali's right, it's a touch hypocritical </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's not really. much as everyone hates richardson i don't think anyone would genuinely cheer him getting seriously injured.

not least because it would mean we couldn't sell the useless f**ker

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

by the way i fail to see how booing one of our own players can be seen as a good thing, whether he's **** or not (which he clearly is) that is so cityesque its untrue.

booing our own players + fans leaving early (even in a game as amazing as that) = bad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wrong.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Bayern Munich president Franz Beckenbauer has admitted England midfielder Owen Hargreaves could be sold to Manchester United this summer.

The Bundesliga giants have so far refused to grant the 26-year-old's wish to leave for Old Trafford.

But Beckenbauer, speaking on German television, said: "If it is right there is an offer of 25-30m euros (£17-20m), then I would seriously consider it.

"I think the board also think this way to satisfy the needs of the player."

Hargreaves has been a long-standing United target and the player has expressed a desire to play in England.

But Bayern have refused to deal with the Premiership leaders and suggested Hargreaves should honour the new four-year contract he signed last summer.

But a United bid of up to £20m could be enough to get their man this summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

This is like a combination of the end of the '95 and '98 seasons. icon_frown.gif

'95 for the chance of a double, end up with nothing scenario, and the thrashing that got everyone excited for bit (the 9-0 against Ipswich). '98 for the storming first half to the season, and the absolutely crippling injury list that cost us at the end. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah but OMG look what happened the following seasons!! [/Carter, BBB, Scatter etc]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ?:

fb.

I still fear for Milan away with literally no defence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Defence v. Roma at home wasn't needed, tbf. All we need is a Roma-esque performance on Tuesday night. Milan won't have a prayer of scoring seven, ffs. icon_wink.gif

• Administrators

yeah we had JT in goal, yeah for less time but in a game where we had just a one goal lead, you had Pie in goal when you had a few iirc

such a rubbish point to argue that, I'm ashamed of myself. icon_biggrin.gif You're deserved champions, injuries or not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

everton wanted it sorting ffs?! what are we a charity case? should have let them squirm, let the window open and squeezed out more money, to be spent on tevez or some other future king </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well we are your feeder club apparently!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

well, I honestly didn't want to offend, annoy, upset or bore anyone with my ruud rants. I think I've provided an honest opinion once, that's enough for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's very rare that you offend, annoy or upset anyone, James. icon14.gif

Archived