The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

I would happy if Owen did go to Man Utd, but I can see fans of any English Club (Man Utd included) booing him based on England performances until he actually does very well for club.

I can easily see him become a scape-goat if you signed him this summer and this season repeated last season's performance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, I don't agree with that at all Fran. I can't speak for other clubs, but he'd not get booed if he came to us. Christ, we've watched the likes of Forlan, Djemba-Djemba and co. and not booed them. He probably wouldn't be a sensationally popular signing but he'd get the fans' support.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

yes, very very much so.

could also look at scuppering alves' move to the scousers for around £10m, hes a tidy player. has sh*t hair tho, i dont like sh*t hair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CRonaldo, Giggs, Rio, Scholesy's ginger mop... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol.

How about Duff, im sure we could prise him away from Chelski.

Ive always liked him

That's unfair Nick. We certainly not going to sign cast-offs from the Italian clubs, because they'd be cut-priced and are proven on the European stage. However you should never EVER rule out a late move for a largely unknown central midfielder at a hugely overinflated price. That'd be naive in the extreme.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Haw, just walked down the tunnel at OT icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was outside (the actual tunnel they walk through) so I arrogantly walked through it icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If we don't strengthen this summer, you can't possibly blame that on anyone but Fergie. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I can, and I will quite frankly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

You all remember what happened when Mart and RedBlood were less than discreet with certain info icon_frown.gif

Things should become clear in the next week anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah I do remember that. icon_biggrin.gif

tbh I've heard that stuff from elsewhere earlier, and just assumed it was usual transfer wrangling that goes on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We needed a midfielder more than a striker tbf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah we have that Mifielder and now we are turning Smithy back into a striker? fergie is becoming the laughing stock of some of my freinds as it shows the desperation he nedded for a mid and now thats done hes gone back into a striker!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Baptista_8:

has Ronaldo turned up yet btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. Foiled the press and snuck in the back way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't for the life of me imagine how the press will spin that...

Christ alive, I've gone from being proud of our support to utterly ashamed.

First off, the young un's were goading the stewards all night, christ knows how they didn't snap. One of them then hit a steward and she cracked him back.

On the train home, harmless singing, then it comes to the Hillsborough/Leeds stuff :/ then, they started singing "If you all hate p*kis clap your hands/all hate n*ggers clap your hands at a young asian fella who was understandably fuming, 20 of em at least were giving verbals and then it blatantly would have kicked off outside, poor bastard.

utter twats.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

are there still one year season tickets available? starting to think i may try and grab one </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i will post this again so it doesnt get stuck at the bottom of the page...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thinking about it I might be able to get some without all the arsing about with snail mail.

My mum looks after a guy who's son lives in Ireland & he comes over every so often. He will be over for Christmas no doubt so I can get him to bring some with him.

Place those orders with your favourite OTFer now. Match tickets can be used in exchange icon14.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Got this from ticket office today, might do no harm to drop in tomorrow. . . .

Manchester United V Man City

Old Trafford, 09/12/2006

Kick Off 12:45

We have had a small number of tickets released for Saturday's game. As you were unsuccessful in the original ballot we are inviting you to purchase tickets by calling 0870 442 1994 from 9am tomorrow morning

Thank you for your continued support which is very much appreciated.

Regards

Ticket & Membership Services

Ticket & Match Information Line 0870 442 1968

Ticket Sales 0870 442 1999

Ticket Enquiries 0870 442 1994

Website www.manutd.com

• 3 weeks later...

Reading H - 3

newcastle A - 3

Villa H - 3

Arsenal A - 1

Watford H - 3

Spurs A - 0

Charlton H - 3

Fulham A - 3

Liverpool A - 3

Bolton H - 3

Blackburn H - 3

Portsmouth A - 0

Sheffield Utd H - 3

Chelsea A - 0

Boro H - 3

Everton A - 1

City A - 1

West Ham A - 3

Total 39 (50) - 89

imo. watch as we spectacularly lose at home to reading and watford now. icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...

fwiw, i see where gonch is coming from. we shouldn't underestimate arsenal, it's an incredibly tough away game but why the excessive fear and pessimism? we're a damn good side at the minute, defensively good enough to cope with anyone when on form and the most potent attacking force in the league right now.

everyone's entitled to be pessimistic, but i don't see why anyone differing from what seems to have become the norm and showing some optimism and faith in the team should be labelled arrogant really.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Ronaldo up front may not be that bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can see either Rossi being returned or even Dong being given a chance on the bench as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rossi can't be recalled. Dong's not ready on the evidence of the last couple of reserve games.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Richards is 18 years old. I see a lot of potential there.

The kid does a good job of being an attacking full back. Yes he is built for the centre and unstoppable in the air but i see no reason why he cant go onto be Nevs long term replacment for club and country. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Personally I think thats more indicative of the lack of top full-backs produced in general than anything else.

Like I said if I'm proved wrong I'm proved wrong but at the minute there's far too much hyperbole around the kid at the minute.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

starred word is what you do with pancakes, don't card me again icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

struggling with this

eat them? flip them?

straw that broke the camel's back?

I dont think it's all that in itself, and certainly harsh to blame Wes for our defence becoming more dodgy lately.

Vidic is a loss of course, but Neville's experience and VdS forgetting how to catch have hurt us equally. Wes hasn't made any huge errors that I can recall since coming in? Generally very solid.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Don't worry, you'll get your damn pint icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif its cool mate, just satisfied to have won the bet tbh, I won't see you out of pocket. Especially if you're racking up actual monetary debts with other thread members...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

The only other thing i can say is that we haven't fallen out like this since last summer when Ruud left, so i think it must be the influence of all the Anelka rumours, disrupting thread harmony. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the ramifications of Ruudgate still exist today. I don't think Mika is on speaking terms with several people in this thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did wonder if i was one of those when he mentioned it (see point b earlier)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juve4EVA:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Didn't Mika make that video? (no... seriously)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah I didn't make it, I just uploaded it to YouTube.

Archived