The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serj:

Well Done United!

Throwing your best player out for no reason, that's got to be a sign of Fergie finally losing his marbles. Your midfield is really something to be afraid of now, especially with the great Fortune and Fletcher tearing down the pitch! I hope you sign Simao, the most useless player in the Portugese team in the Cup.

Looks like you've got more chance of winning the league as England have winning the World Cup </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fortune has been released

At the moment out midfield looks like:

Park, Fletcher, O'Shea & Giggs jpshakehead.sml.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Vidic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but is he that much better to spend money that you dont have on him?

but anyway i am gone i just gave my honest opinion, but i can tell that you are way smarter than me so have fun !

Update: 19 Minutes

Dong chance

Richardson and Evra link up with a great one-two down the wing and Evra puts in a good cross that comes to dong who beats a man and then lashes it straight into the centre halfs legs when he could have put Fletcher in for an easy chance to his right.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I was only 9 at the time icon_biggrin.gif Ask Mark.

From what I know, it was the club that forced the issue. He didn't ask to go or anthing. They bid. We accepted.

I know there were some problems because the deal was confirmed a good time before he actually left, and it impacted his form (and the excellent start we'd made to that season.)

Sparky was blameless AFAIK. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmmm. Ok...

Timmy, as a rule I blame Liverpool for most thinks anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur can confirm they have agreed terms for the transfer of Michael Carrick conditional on the player agreeing personal terms with Manchester United," said a United statement on Friday evening.

"The player shall also be required to pass a medical, which will take place on Monday." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

seriously, you're walking a tightrope. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it was burrage who told me about the other amsterdam plane crash </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

stop stirring, we're talking about the same one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bollox there were two the one you linked me too had the wrong date

who's telling mart the plane crashed in vaguely the same area as the amsterdam arena

• 2 weeks later...

Mart has the monk on because while i was out of the country my hotmail e-mail account was hacked meaning i didn't have access to my e-mails...obviously!!

I agreed to buy his PSP off him but had no other way of getting in contact as i didn't have internet access while i was away and the whole notion of you saw me logged onto OTF is simply because i'm automatically signe din from home whenever i log in and its a shared PC.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

if you clownshoes aren't gonna share links you could at least keep the updates coming icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can listen to it on Century Radio. It's 105.4 FM.

Of course, you'll need a ****ing big receiver to pick it up from there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Hoeness' comments echo his previous pledge that Hargreaves was not leaving.

He said: "Owen stays - you can bet your house on that. Manchester United will have to plan without him." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not related to the other quote, but non the less, sounds pretty certain to me tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

If Saha gets injured for France I'm going to go ballistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't bother, it's utterly predictable and as such surely Fergie's got a contingency plan? \O/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kuszczak playing upfront probably

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

The boycott makes sense to me.

Pre Glazer every pound spent went back into the club in some way. Obviously a % of that then went out in dividends, but we also knew that the board / PLC had the best interests of the club at heart and that any money available to strengthen the club would be used to do just that. We may not have agreed with their method or some of their decisions, but at least their goal at all times was to maximise the opportunities for Manchester United.

We can’t say the same now. The club is no longer constrained by PLC rules so there is zero transparency or requirement for those in charge to provide any information on their intentions. We don’t know where the money goes, or whether decisions are being made in the best interests of Manchester United or for the Glazer’s personal fortune. A decision might be made that has a negative impact on the club, simply because it’s good for the Glazer family…and there is bugger all we can do to stop that.

Within that environment it’s logical to withhold ones personal funds beyond those required to directly watch the team, as you simply don’t know what’s happening to that money.

There’s a self defeating element to it, because one can always argue that the money might be used for the good of the club, and by refusing to support the club you’re making the financial position more precarious and actually making it more likely that they’ll do something that’s not in the best interests of the club.

Even so, we know that we’ll still be about to pick up the pieces...and it makes me feel better about myself too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wrote all that for Mika and he didn't even reply icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nothing to discuss eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh icon_redface.gif

I did read it the first time but didn't think that I really needed to reply icon_biggrin.gif

Basically I fall into your penultimate paragraph, I do largely think it is self-defeating. As you say we don't know what'll happen with the money and I know the thought of some of it going into the Glazer's pocket will upset people, but if it helps to support the club then there's not I'd rather do that than put us in jeopardy.

Basically I just think that boycotting is cutting your nose off to spite your face.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Yes, and he would discuss tactics with his coaching staff, with the number2 in particular i suspect to be the person with most infuence when discussing.

Additionally, he's likely to have a greater involvement than Sir Alec on the training pitch.

Sometimes it has worked, more often than not though, it hasnt, yet things never change. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the buck stops with the manager

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I do not remember very many games when we played like that away from home before Quieroz first joined the club, but ever since he's been there, that seems to be a key factor in our game plans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think your memory's playing tricks with you. The performances like that started in 00/01. After we went out to Madrid in 2000 fergie felt we could no longer play gung ho in europe, and we've tried various more defensive styles since then, especially away from home.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bouncerboy13:

Directions to the wall please?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

walk down SMBW, you'll see the end house before the development office, it's there

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Some people icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Vidic Should Know Better

Perhaps Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand would like to explain their "hilarious" rocket-launcher celebration to people living in Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel, Palestine etc etc who live in constant fear of attack from rocket-propelled grenades or missiles or those who have lost love ones from such weapons in conflict and war? Or to members of the armed forces serving in some of these countries who are subject to attack and ambush from insurgents armed with "real" rocket launchers? The fact that Vidic was born in a country which had more than its fair share of the horrors of war in the not too distant past makes it all the more inappropriate. Idiots.

David Horgan

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs. I'm going to go ahead and assume this is from the Guardian. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wrong! worse icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, judging by its tone and content I'm gonna guess ABU365?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Where does he actually say that?

"After me the best No 7 that I have seen was Eric Cantona. But I am still only 21 and I want to surpass everything I have achieved so far."

Think he was misinterpreted tbf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But that's balls too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Two homes games next against Pompey and Watford and i dont want to see Rooney anywhere near either squad. Its not just bad form now hes quite frankly holding us back now.

How many times can he get in a good position and then pick the wrong option. Yeah he scored an easy header and he'll work until he drops but he doesnt deserve to be anywhere near that team at this moment in time. Cant pass, cant shoot and that great footballing brain has gone A.W.O.L.

Ole and Saha to start against Pompey please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It wasn't an easy header tbh

He'll play in one or the other too.

If mnot Rooney then Henke and Saha tbh

• 4 weeks later...

Monsieur BBB funds are in my bank account icon14.gif

Also as i've just took out a £20k loan to refiance my credit cards and car loan etc you'll need to check which card to use for aways as once paid off i'll be closing down all but one of my 5 credit cards.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

this treble talk is so greedy. honestly id be happy just to win 1 of the 2 major trophies this season, the treble just isnt going to happen </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The main reason i've been talking about it is because i want to know how much money i could win if Big Jim's prophecy were to come to fruition.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Have to say, while i agree with the majority of Nick's post, i feel we can't underestimate the contribution Gattuso going off made to the win. I felt it was only once he had gone off that we really got a grip on the midfield and started to play through them. As a result, i also felt he was a little generous in praise for the midfield. Fletcher i'd agree had an excellent game, because as well as driving us forward in the second half, he also performed his defensive duties in the first. However Carrick ( who i felt was at least partly at fault for the first goal, when not tracking Kaka) and Scholes never really got into it until Gattuso had gone off, when they really needed to boss it earlier.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian, Sunday Mirror)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Running Total: 5

Predicted Final Total

Irish - 170

James07? - 112

bling - 102

pjburrage 99

WSR - 95

thei 92

alilaw - 89

Nezell - 87

14AlanSmithifb 85

vanester 82

T!mbo - 80

BBB - 79

gonch19 - 78

Bagpuss 77

Pickles - 74

julesMUFC - 71

Nick OGS20 - 68

Maverick 64

Davidbowie - 64

Ryno - 62

ACou2000 - 60

Gregg Carter 59

Jimlad - 56

ericcantona7 - 55

mark g 52

SLO_Fila 43

Master Blasta - 32

EmmYouEffSee - 29

RedBlood - 26

qwerty2k - 17

Razor Eddie 16

? - 15 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

right, I think that's everyone. If you're not in, quote the above and add yourself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 3 weeks later...

Archived