The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jim, you know we won't think any less of you if you don't correct every single spelling mistake you make? icon_biggrin.gif

I actually realised when I woke up that a small percentage of me was excited about today. Which really bothered me :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hyrule_king:

Goodbye ruud, 10.3m is low , bu at least now we can sign someone hopefully. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LIKE WHO FFS?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

yet if Ronaldo even hints at wanting to play somewhere else half the RvN apologists will be straight on his back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cronaldo is an 1/8 of the player of RvN. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So by that criteria you'll stab Fletcher in the face if he even hints at wanting out of Old Trafford? Loyalty and honesty is based on (lack of) talent? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, i'd chip in for his air fare.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Rossi's great. Momo's rubbish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's just a matter of opinion really. momo's isn't the most talented player in terms of ball handling and distribution, but he's a great talent in breaking up attacks.

saying momo's rubbish is just plain stupid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Yeah, Gaby's definitely played at centre-back a few times. Thinking about it, there is still Vidic who has just played the one position. Still early days, mind, and I suppose if you want to be picky you could say he's played centre-back as part of a 4 and a 5.

Gary Nev - right-back, centre-back, centre midfield

Evra - left-back, left midfield

Heinze - left-back, centre-back

Brown - right-back, centre-back

Rio - centre-back, centre midfield

Ronaldo - right wing, left wing

Rooney - centre-forward, second striker, right wing, left wing, centre midfield

Saha - centre-forward, left wing

Giggs - left wing, left-back, centre midfield, right wing, second striker

Park - right midfield, left midfield, centre midfield

Smith - centre-forward, centre midfield, right midfield

Vidic - centre-back

Miller - centre midfield, right midfield

Scholes - centre midfield, left midfield, second striker

Solskjaer - centre-forward, second striker, right wing, left wing

O'Shea - centre-back, right-back, left-back, centre midfield

Richardson - left-back, left wing, centre midfield, right wing

Fletcher - right midfield, centre midfield

Bardsley - right-back, left-back

Silvestre - left-back, centre-back

Pique - centre-back, right-back

Jones - centre midfield, left midfield

Eagles - right wing, left wing

Martin - right wing, left wing

Rossi - centre-forward, second striker

Versatility so valuable :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ronaldo up front for a fair bit of last season with rooney and ruud! also fa cup final against arsenal! could play there this season with fletcher and park rotated on right!

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Park and Silvestre signed new deals, we're looking at a couple more players and our injuries are are starting to clear up, though Rooney is a doubt for Fulham. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not suspended but now he's an injury doubt ?

What happened ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I would happily pay what we paid for Carrick for Hargreaves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a Bayern fan, I'd happily take 18m, no incentives attached bitte.

AIDS > Cancer?

Mika and me level on points in the Fantasy League, who'd have guessed it? icon_biggrin.gif Lampard, Rooney, Ronaldo getting almost twice as many points as the rest of the team combined icon14.gif

MotM: Rooney

Runner-up: Scholes

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

I'l ask again. How is Eagles a first team squad member? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because he hasn't been loaned out yet? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikeCR:

The first team is looking very good but the lack of depth is a cause for concern. Only two signings, one which cost A LOT more than it should have. Maybe if we bought Hargreaves and Senna instead of Carrick, but then again Carrick looks impressive and seems to suit the way we play.

I would have preferred another midfielder, since I don't believe O'Shea and Fletcher have progressed at all. I feel sorry for O'Shea though, he would have been better off leaving and getting a regular place in a team rather than being used sparingly as a utility player to fill injuries/bans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only Rio Ferdinand played more games for United last season than O'Shea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

really? icon_biggrin.gif iirc no Arsenal player played more games that Flamini last season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, it is true icon_biggrin.gif, the exact number is in membership book which I can't be bothered to get though, was about 46 IIRC.

Nostalgia is icon_cool.gif

Best moment at OT - Manchester United 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur, May 1999. The one and only time I've seen us lift a trophy.

Worst moment at OT - Oddly enough it isn't losing to Arsenal 1-0 in 02. It's actually losing 1-0 to Middlesborough that same season, when Veron fecked it up to gift Boksic a goal. It's the worst atmosphere I've ever experienced, and was just symptomatic of how our season was slipping away...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

As I said yesterday, I think Fergie knows which side his bread is buttered, and has basically sold out.

He's pretty much as guilty as Gill of towing the company line nowadays. I also think it's because the club has changed. It's just so corporate now, where you would expect the manager to come out with such Corporate statements rather than personally statements from the heart.

You wouldn't expect the CEO of Exxon Mobil to say "we don't care that the customers can't afford to run their cars because we have the highest profits ever" and sadly to say I can't see the executives at United caring for the fans anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I'm perfectly calm. If you look at our current situation logically and take out any sentiment, Fergie's death would be the best for everyone (apart from him). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Only one man can hold his head up after that and its Ronaldo.

MoM: Ronaldo

2nd: Eastwood

The midfield was awful again, Jones really cant hope to get near the first team because if this is his attempt at trying to get there then the sooner sold the better.

Fletchs worst performance of the season by a distance.

Richardson, how about we club together to get his legs broken?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Muse are ****ing ****. Now stop talking about them in this thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely what young Jonny said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I must concur with these two tbh.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by op1:

I'm probably gonna regret this...

<<<MANCHESTER UNITED RULES!!!>>>

HA HA HA ARSENAL ARE THIRD ON THE PREM LEAGUE TABLE LIGHT YEARS AWAY FROM MANCHESTER

<<<MANCHESTER UNITED RULES!!!>>> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Posted in the Arsenal data thread today.

I've emailed him a link to this thread icon_smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Seems some Celtic fans went today </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

RI? King of kings 17? What an idiot, Liverpool fan too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye icon_biggrin.gif, what's your name on there?

• 3 weeks later...

You have mail now as well Jimlad, I might have rambled a bit. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably written one sixteenth of the average Jimlad post icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone actually thinking of going to this treaty of rome thing? £17 a pop I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

id love to if only to see becks at ot one last time (assuming we dont get real in later rounds) but i wont be able to take the time off work icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

but there was no risk in signing him. none at all. :bigfatsafetywinkformika:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_mad.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived