The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ollie1307:

So Ronaldo's broken hearts already then.

A player of his potential should NOT be sold. He's only bloody 20 and he's one of the most gifted players of this generation already.

A Rooney Ronaldo Rossi strike force in 3 or 4 years time will be fantastic. Man Utd please don't sell him, the EPL cannot sell it's better players, it's already inferior to La Liga as things stand now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You really think he's salvagable as a United player?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

No right-thinking manager would want to touch the job now. An ageing squad, no money </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fat Sam could do the job. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would we at Sunderland let him go?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Dwight Yorke concedes he is unsure if he will fulfil the final year of his contract in Australia with Sydney FC.

The veteran attacker proved a big hit down under last season and helped Sydney to finish the campaign as champions.

But an impressive World Cup showing for Trinidad & Tobago has put Yorke back on the radar of European clubs, with Plymouth Argyle having decided a bid would be too expensive.

Yorke has other offers in the pipeline and the 34-year-old is uncertain whether he will be playing for Terry Butcher's side in the coming campaign.

"You just never know in football," admitted Yorke.

"I'll be quite honest, there is interest as we speak, but it's not for me to discuss that.

"I signed a two-year contract and my obligation is to fulfil that. Whether that continues or not I don't know."

The former Manchester United star has returned for training with Sydney, whose chief executive Tim Parker remains hopeful of hanging on to Yorke.

Parker said: "We have every intention of retaining him for the season and defending the championship with him.

"It's flattering that there's a lot of interest in him and not unexpected given his terrific performances.

"But as far as we're concerned, we hope that he's on board for the entire season.

"I think we have answered the one question of 'Is he coming back?'" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Snap him up fergie.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, put Yorke in the DM role, he was absolutely brilliant in the WC playing as the guy who was everywhere on the pitch.

Wouldn't surprise me. We rotated those two wingers with Lee Sharpe a lot, and IIRC Keane had a niggling injury (groin?) problem for quite a bit of the double season as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Argel:

You would imagine so with injuries etc. And the fact that Hughes and Ince left at the end of the season. Keane was only bought in '93 so there's only 1 season they could possibly have all played together. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They left the end of the season after, 94/95.

Just checked and that team didn't start a game together until 30/11/93.

In a league cup tie, would you believe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

MOM:Fletch

Runner up:Giggs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was tempted by that too, was so impressed by Fletch in the second half.

according to Venn

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Argie press reporting it 'very likely' both Tevez and Mascherano to Arsenal in the near future. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

basically end of the world. however theyre really light at the back so i cant believe theyre not going to be looking at sorting that out first. any big money move has to be funded by cole going you would think which leaves them even lighter.

mascherano alongside fabregas and tevez next to henry does sound quite nice tho tbf.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

oh and I'm sure its already been covered but really how DID the Hammers do it?

I assume theres some deal for them to move on after a year to go to a club worth playing for? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No one knows. Something to do with the MSI or something or other.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Cheers Jules.

Can't say thats ideal for anyone, especially if the reaction in this and the match thread about him being really off the pace are accurate.

The other side is that if there aren't many reserve games going on he needs to be trusted with games so that as we head into the period between mid-October and the end of the year he's actually going to be fit and on form.

On a side note it'll be interesting to see if Carrick plays vs. Benfica on Tuesday how he gets on in a real European game as opposed to the Celtic game the other week. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fergie said re: Smith that reserve games these days are for young players and actually are no more beneficial to a senior player coming back from injury than a training session.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think we'll keep going this year alilaw. As always the Christmas period is going to be massive and if we can go into 2007 with any sort of lead of Chelsea I think we've got every chance.

No point getting excited now though, although it is nice to be leading the way a 1/4 of the way in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

I need to get rid om my car, fancy a peugeot 307 icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No its French, already had a 405, a laguna and now a Citroen want a different nations car this time.

A trip down to Blackpool for a TVR would be nice but Mart would **** him self if i dorve around in one of them, he complains when i whang it round roundabouts now ffs

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Dibs on Keith's final ticket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heartless bastard, he's not even cold in the ground yet and you're divvying up his posessions icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shot gun his car and ill drive us to rome \o/. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually meant because he will be running a marathon but I assume you got that.

Martin literally praying Keith doesn't make it so he can write off the 5 figure debt icon13.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Were the trams crammed for you Acou? I was in them yesterday, unbelievably cramped. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

only got one, from Pic to OT about 45 mins before ko

was surprisingly okay actually. I got on before it was busy at all and sat down. wasnt THAT bad even after picking up more fans along the way.

only 15 min journey or something anyway isnt it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

i'm having one of those days where i just feel we're gonna play well. In a strange way, more worried about Portsmouth on Saturday.

Just got a feeling it could be like the night we spanked Juve with our reserves a few years back </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fantastic game, Keane at centre back and Giggs upfront on his own icon_biggrin.gif and Neville hitting the cross bar from 25 yards iirc, Brown was brilliant that day icon_biggrin.gif

Though tbf they did have a lot of players out with flu.

Anyway the way we're playing I don't see why we can't just have a really good go at them. Though I think we might miss Neville going forward.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Who is tracking the paper player dealings??

this is from yesterdays BBC Gossip col

Promoted Birmingham want to lure Manchester United goalkeeper Ben Foster, currently on loan at Watford. (Sunday Express)

IIRC its supposed to be incomings and outgoings right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty sure it's just players linked with a move to us for James' one, he said others could set one up for that kind of thing if they wanted, but it didnt seem to interest enough people.

• 2 weeks later...

First comments from Anderson

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

WONDERKID Anderson is already looking forward to lining up alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney.

Manchester United's latest signing has described his switch to Old Trafford as a "dream the size of the world".

Anderson, 19, said: "I cannot wait to play in the same team as Cristiano Ronaldo, who is a great player, as well as Wayne Rooney and many more.

"I could not imagine I would ever get to work with a manager like Sir Alex Ferguson but it has happened.

"What can I say? It is a dream the size of the world."

The ex-Gremio and Porto star also revealed that he has always wanted to play for Premiership champions United.

Anderson added: "Gremio was my first club and then I moved to Porto.

"Both teams have a great place in my heart, for which I have the biggest affection.

"They were very important in my life and professional growth.

"But ever since I was a boy, I always wanted to play for Manchester United and now that dream has come true. I am very happy."

Despite signing for a bumper fee, Anderson is keen to prove his worth.

The £17million man said: "When I arrive in Manchester I will carry on working just as hard as I have at Porto, if not even more.

"I want to make my dreams a reality and I am prepared to do anything to realise them.

"There is so much motivation for me there." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not quite sure he actually has always wanted to play for us, maybe just for a club the size of us but still icon_cool.gif

Archived