The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christ, it's come to something when FM's literally the only thing we have to talk about in here at the moment icon_frown.gif

Loving the World Cup, but I wish it'd hurry up and finish so we can sort out some bloody signings.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

haha just read the Sun article on Heinze

all the usual stuff then simply a sentence stating: "And he is desperate to go."

No quotes, no evidence, no NOTHING.

FO&DFO&DFO&D </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this is the sorta crap that is just funny. its gone past the stage of annoying and is so unbeleivable that its...well...funny!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"He has come through every training session so far. He is only 31 and he still has a good few years ahead of him." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh great... but we sell Ruud who is only 30 :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by olipepper:

apparently vieira will cost £8m icon_confused.gif

/o\/o\/o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd prefer a year or 2 long loan. I still think he would be a good signing, him and carrick would be icon14.gif.

\o/ to miller leaving, found his level at the championship although clubs matching his 35ka w week wages will be tough.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Already answered your question with your last post, he's been in Antwerp for last 3 years therefore he is eligible for Belgian citizenship </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

but who'd want to be Belgian?

Most Famous Belgians:

Plastic Bertrand

Dr Evil

Bosman

although:

Floribert N'Galula icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

I hope that's not true. I started to worry that Fergie was carrying on down the Blanc route of buying the players he's always admired regardless of whether they were still able to produce the things that first impressed him when we were linked with Vieira. If we were in for Nedved that would just confirm it.

Who's next then? Are we finally be going to secure the signing of David Hirst as our replacement striker? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shearer?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

Nick, stop being a jerk and just listen to me.

why would Ruud let Ferguson slight him like that when he has spoke out about his behavior/treatment before? it makes no sense to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've already answered that. If you're too busy talking rubbish to notice then it's not my problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I understand what you said. however, I don't see it fitting with his past pattern of behavior.

as such, I think that it's much more likely that Ruud did indeed put in a transfer request in 2005 rather than have it be a tale completely invented by Ferguson in some myopic effort to discredit the man.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Drunkard update:

Mart is apparently out of it in the stadium </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With the match currently going on I'm pretty sure he could be convinced that he's actually at the wrestling.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

So who didnt turn up at the wall today? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

me \o/ , although I was going to come but didn't want to chance getting wet through.

Thought we were brilliant / Fulham were terrible in the first half, the movement of our front four was fantastic. Evra was excellent at left back so many attacks started by him and the legend that is scholesy.

Anyway here we go:

1st Choice: Patrice Evra

Runner up: Paul Scholes

P.S. top of the fantasy League icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

are there still one year season tickets available? starting to think i may try and grab one </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think they are but I might be wrong. They're advertising the waiting list for 07/08 on the site now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

i suppose time will tell. how old is he? he still has time to develop and get better. this season is probably make or break though i reckon </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MoM: Cristiano Ronaldo

: 2nd: Nemanja Vidic (Ole came very close)

On Dazzle, who has had a notable improvement in his performances, the main thing is his body strength. He seems to be a lot stronger and that has helped the rest of his game a lot.

Dont get me wrong i still dont think he is good enough to be anything other than a squad player for us but i'm much happier with him being a squad player now.

And Carrick, Acou thinks i dont appeciate his Newcastle performance and i do, he kept the ball moving well.

The thing with Carrick is i dont feel he can boss a game. He doesnt have the ability to take the game by the scruff of the neck and change it for us. His passing which was meant to be his main feature hasnt been very good thus far and i find his form depends all too much on the rest of the team.

If we play well as a unit ala Newcastle and destroy someone he will play well, we have a mediocre performance and Carrick seems mediocre and if we are crap then Carrick is crap. He isnt a player who i feel can put in a good performance when the rest of the team doesnt.

That said i havent wrote him off at all and i hope he improves as time goes by but i dont think he can shine alongside Scholes.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Solskjaer's favourite things

From his best pizza topping to the must-watch programme on television, United's Norwegian striker reveals his favourite stuff...

Actor: Robert De Niro or Al Pacino

Comedian: Harry Enfield

TV programme: Curb Your Enthusiasm

Film: Godfather and Reservoir Dogs

Band or artist: Rolling Stones or Elvis

Food: Pasta

Drink: Water

Pizza topping: Pepperoni

Pre-match meal: Pasta, or toast with honey

Non-football sporting hero: Muhammed Ali

Footballing hero: Zico then Maradona

Holiday destination: Back home

Computer game: Football Manager </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ole with such good taste icon_cool.gif

Pepperoni ftw too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Why on earth would Mourinho change his style just because he joined us? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the squad he'd inherit?

he's arrogant, but not stupid?

• 2 weeks later...

well yeah, that was the next question. rangers can barely afford a pot to **** in. how would they stump up the wages and fee for fletch (not that'd be all that much mind, but probably still beyond their means atm)? if he goes, it'll be to another premiership club.

but this is all moot. he's staying. fletch iffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffb.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

i've got 40 full on scripts floating about the net.

king nerd icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, if you got stuff on the net you must be good. The quality control there is awesome.

• 1 month later...

And the second Kaka goal gave me a weird flashback to Sol Campbell's disallowed goal against the Argies in 1998. With the camera on half the England team celebrating the 'goal', Argentina were caning us with a 5 v 2 break down the other end which ended up with a header inches past the post I think.

The same feeling kicked in today when I was peacefully watching a replay of a United corner, and suddenly it cut to Kaka making 3 of our defenders fall over and slotting it in. Always a very surreal moment when a team scores what looks like a highlight goal in a live game.

• 3 weeks later...

I would never have imagined that Fergie would have tried to get the club to pull this guy out of the bag. Fully expected his career to go Porto, somewhere in Spain and then maybe Italy/England. Really pleased. Now Gill and Carlos need to hurry up and get it sealed.

Guess Nani signing a new contract (he signed one last week didn't he?) has stalled any immediate interest in pursuing a deal. Never mind, Anderson has been at least as impressive from what I've seen/know about him. Mon him signing for us and setting the Copa America alight!

Archived