The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

yeah saw that, I cant understand why fergie keeps trying to sign high profile ass'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm an Ass Man

Yeah I'm an Ass Man

YEAH!

I love to love them

I love to kick um

I love to shove um

I love to stick um

Love to flaunt um

I love to watch um

I love to pick um

And I'm gonna kick um

Cause I'm an Ass Man

Yeah I'm an Ass Man

• 2 weeks later...

I just googled MArtin Edwards to find a bit about him and I got this at the top of the page:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Martin Edwards, the one time chief-excutive and chairman of Manchester United, is one unpopular bloke. Frequently referred to as "That bastard" by fans. ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

He agreed to a question-and-answer session, compered by former United player Eddie Lewis.

Asked to comment on Jose Mourinho’s men, Fergie allegedly declared they were ‘hell-bent on ruining football’ and buying too many star names.

Hartman insisted: “He was asked what he thought about Chelsea and, in the midst of his answer, said they were ‘hell-bent on ruining football’.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe Alex, you should concentrate on your own club instead of mouthing off about the happenings at Chelsea? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Question and answers session, He was asked a question, he gave an answer. Hartmna admits that he is only providing part of the answer that Ferguson gave.

But yeah, lets just criticise Fergie for it shall we?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Anyway looking forward to the friendly today. Should see some of the first teamers back shouldnt we?

Would love to see a team like this:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Van Der Sar

Neville Ferdinand Evans Heinze

Park Scholes Giggs

Solskjaer Rossi Rooney

</pre> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think your far too optimistic with the amount of first teamers. I imagine there will be 1 or 2 max. Fergie said I'm sure his first XI will be ready for the amsterdamn tournament. I still expect Evra/Bardsley to play along with Ole and O Shea.

Foster

Bardsley

Rio

Evans

Evra

Fletcher

O Shea

Scholes

Richardson

Ole

Rossi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by something less annoying:

Does anyone have a reasonable explanation for the signing of Evra yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

his mum is the lady of the night fergie got caught with in South Africa a few years back.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Hargreaves set on Man Utd switch

By Mandeep Sanghera

Bayern Munich midfielder Owen Hargreaves will insist he wants to leave the club for Manchester United, BBC Sport understands.

The 25-year-old is keen for the switch and told German magazine Sport Bild: "The offer from United is fantastic."

Bayern say they are determined to keep him but Hargreaves will reaffirm his stance when he returns to Germany after England's friendly against Greece.

There have been preliminary talks and United appear willing to offer £13m.

But Bayern general manager Uli Hoeness said: "Hargreaves is not a subject of discussion.

"Owen has a contract until 2010 and he will complete it. The issue is closed."

To play (for Manchester United) is a great opportunity and I would be happy if I got that chance

Owen Hargreaves

Bayern would be reluctant to sell Hargreaves after fellow central midfield star Michael Ballack left them to join Chelsea at the end of last season.

Bayern coach Felix Magath added: "I am not planning to get rid of any players, particularly not Hargreaves - it has never been an issue."

But Hargreaves is keen for a move to go through and seize on his raised profile in England following his combative and tough-tackling displays during the World Cup.

He was seen as England's player of the tournament and will start in the friendly against Greece in new manager Steve McClaren's first game in charge.

Hargreaves said: "To play (for Manchester United) is a great opportunity and I would be happy if I got that chance.

"Particularly as an England international, it's of interest and you never know if such an opportunity will arise again.

606 VIEW

Bayern won't be able to hold on to Hargreaves if he's determined to leave

AC

606: Have your say

"Now is the time to take the next step to develop even further."

Hargreaves has been at Bayern since moving to the club from Canada as a 16-year-old in 1997 and Hoeness is determined to keep him.

He helped Bayern to the Champions League title in 2001 and has also won four Bundesliga titles with the club.

His inclusion in former England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson's sqaud for the World Cup raised eyebrows after he had failed to establish himself since his international debut against Holland in August 2001.

But he was in impressive form in Germany and starred when he played against Sweden and Portugal.

Hargreaves has been linked with numerous Premiership clubs over recent years, including Arsenal, Tottenham and Middlesbrough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

Keane - 10

Best - 9

Cantona - 8

Giggs - 7

Scholes - 6

Yorke - 5

Solskjaer - 4

Beckham - 3

Van Nistelrooij - 2

Cole - 1

man thats tough, so many good players to think of, blatantly missed someone out </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only players you watched, Gonch. And seeing Bestie ****ed up on Wogan doesn't count.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

oh please god know, reports ferdinand has broken his toe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am sure he'll be ok after the England games icon_wink.gif

Van Bommel has signed a three-year deal, believed to be in the region of £8m, with the German giants after undergoing a medical on Monday.

From the Beeb.

Probably fecked up the conversion from mickey mouse money into pounds

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

Me and BBB have a history. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only on here, irl you're a decent bloke icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's a decent bloke in the wrassling threads too. icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

just look at Kuffour </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He had played brilliantly that night, I actually felt sorry for him when he was thumping the pitch with his fist. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about Lothar Matthaus </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'What must Lothat Matthaus be thinking? With all due respect, who cares?' icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was hoping someone would quote that icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

with the greatest <STRIKE>of</STRIKE> respect tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbph icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

An article on Gareth Bale that compares him to Micah Richards as well as telling you a lot about his play. For people who have seen little to nothing of him its a good read.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/6299059.stm

I did have a great long post sorted with it all quoted up with just the bale bits and my own opinions that took me ages to do but i hit the delete button to delete a word and the reply box vanished along with my post. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha so because Bale can take a free kick, he's as good as Richards icon_biggrin.gif

What a waste of webspace, he looked awful yesterday </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wp on scrolling to the bottom and not actually reading the entire article.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X-Pac:

Whats it like to be a glory hunter you scum bastards? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One of your first posts since returning is to come in here and spout abuse towards us?

Good to see that you're maturing icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm actually just curious, I wonder what its like to support a team thats not local to you? Prawn sandwich brigade.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

blimey, i must be the only person looking forward to this a lot. I really do think we're gonna pull a performance out the bag, we're due one ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well we didn't pull out a performance, but we got a win \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We do need to start playing now though. I remember the title run in in '93. Very similar situation in that we went to Anfield in early March knowing that we really needed a result, which we duly got with a 2-1 win. The players then relaxed thinking the hard bit had been done, promptly went and lost at Oldham 3 days later, followed that up with 3 straight draws, and we'd lost the lead again.

I know we still won the title that year, but we could afford to do that when our rivals were Villa and Norwich. We certainly wouldn't get away with that with Chelsea on our tail.

oh and we're 16/1 to win NOTHING this season with betfred.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

very good odds. seriously </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Incredibly so icon_biggrin.gif

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

'with the league gone' icon_biggrin.gif

Stop with your damn anti-jinxing Juni icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. So he shouldn't worry about the four games in 8 days then, as they're league games and therefore meaningless, Juni? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said I was worried about them.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I'd not want it to be dead little. Kinda reduces the impact.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Story of your life, eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh no he didn't! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shut your trap gummy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same devastating repartee as Mr Beatty.

hmmm, united haven't sent the ticket to the lad as yet :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will be smashing your face in if I don't have a ticket for West Ham.

Chelsea Chelsea it was naive to think that Fergie didnt have one up his sleeve

That all your cash could make you achieve

You can stick all your money, cos we've won the premier league!

to the tune of chelsea dagger by the fratellis icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pedro Monteiro:

Guys, as some of you know I'm a Sporting Lisbon fan, so I watched Nani play al season. (as well as Anderson)

Nani is a tricky one, is has huge potential, but I feel he is still very undisciplined in all leveles of the game, but he does have that Sporting touch to him. (Figo, Ronaldo, Quaresma, etc..)

As for Anderson, what a signining!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would you say though that ronaldo was pretty similar to nani in the fact that he was a little undisciplined in certain areas when he firt arrived(like too many step overs), but as he has matured he has grown out of that and showed his true potential

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Yeah, did my interviews in Canary Wharf. Was awesome.

I knew i'd be spending a lot of the time in audit out of the office. Is it really that much though icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it was intensified for me because of the department I was in. The Public Sector bring in an inordinate amount of external auditors and consultants all year long (it's a brilliant way to piss money away icon14.gif), so we always had a client to go to. Whereas other departments (certainly FS) are far more sporadic, finding ways to look like your working in the office for several weeks followed by a bitch of a month where you're working 12 hour days around about year end.

Wrote the letter for the seat move to the ticket office, that Sam Kelleher dude. We've had a slight change of plan with the seat, as my Dad claimed he cannot be bothered with the stairs, yeah a lame excuse (I think it's more to do with standing).

1st choice: West Stand tier 1 - that's upper.

2nd choice: West Stand tier 2 - please!!

3rd choice: NW Quad tier 1 - random 3rd choice which we hope we don't get.

Premiership - Manchester United eye Ustari

Premiership - Young Argentina keeper Oscar Ustari is not joining Villarreal and is interesting Manchester United, according to his club Independiente.

FOOTBALL Ustari - 0

The 21-year-old shot-stopper - who was an unused squad member at the 2006 World Cup - had been reported to have signed a contract with Villarreal in a 6 million euro deal.

But no such transfer has taken place, according to Independiente's president, and if there is any chance of him leaving the club it would only be for a giant such as United.

"I have heard in the radio what has been said about that Manchester United is interested in our goalkeeper but I haven't received any offer yet," Julio Comparada said. "Maybe someone has got in touch with the player.

"We aren't trying to sell him because we aren't currently in a hurry financially. Anyway, if there is a proposal that is very interesting for the player and the club then we will analise it," he added.

Reports in Spain had claimed that Ustari had signed a deal with Villarreal, but Comparada denies that there has even been contact from the club. But they would be open to the right offer - from the right club.

"We know that there are many European teams interested in our keeper but until we don't receive an official offer we can't say anything," he continued. "And if there is an offer we will see if we will accept it and if the team interested wants to pay what we want for the player.

"I think that the only way that we would sell Ustari is if it's real that Manchester United wants him because I am sure that any player would like to play there.

"If it's for our benefit, we're not in any hurry, the club is okay and we are well within our budget for building our new stadium, so we don't need to sell a player in this moment."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived