The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

I can only assume West Ham are in there because the West Ham researcher has put us as one of their rivals (they always seem to have been particularly ABU) and the United researcher has bizarrely returned the favour. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not so sure. There was a lot of West Ham hate in the old thread as they got towards the cup final. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't like them, but not really for rivalry reasons. I get the feeling I'd dislike them no matter who I supported icon_biggrin.gif

I dunno, is there serious beef with them about ruining our title chances in '92 or '95? Ince-related stuff mebbe. I don't see it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never quite got it either. I did wonder how much was down to the Beckham stuff after the '98 world cup, they were the worst offenders as far as i recall.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

i hate leeds </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yet you wanted them promoted, even given how many years forward that would have put them on their financial recovery plan? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, I hate them even more when I can see the whites of their eyes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Hargreaves bought as a replacement for neville anyone? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as keyser already said, that's what "sir" would do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CM GOD 69:

Razzler who do you support? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont support anyone, old chap. I have always loved football and will pretty much watch anything icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

TK is huge, he looked tiny for West Brom when i've seen him but hes 6'3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh great, he has the appearance of filling LESS of the goal than he actually does.

The exact opposite attribute of a good keeper /o\

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

How do I change formation? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See the yellow boxes next to the players names? Clicking it removes the player from the XI, then clicking the green one next to the benched players puts them on, so take a striker off, put a defender on or whatever.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gómés:

Sign him up Fergie - he reminds me of a young Beckham, in his workrate and stamina around the pitch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

more like a young phil neville tbh. id be pretty uninspired if we bought him, particularly if its anywhere near the £14m bayern want. he's decent and hard working but not at all creative and isnt really a tough tackling diarra/senna type that i think we should be making a priority. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm surprised they're only demanding £14m, given he has a 4 year contract, is considered to be a key player and we recently signed another 25 year old England squad regular for £18.6m.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one Mart. Now the thread's nearly as wide as you icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

actually i think i'm coming across as reasonably well-adjusted here so I'll throw some violence and language around the place

**** OFF FERGIE YOU ****ING USELESS ****ING SCOTTISH ****, I HOPE YOU GET IMPALED ON A ****ING CHAINSAW.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

Someone put this on the FC forum...

Dec 23rd

Glazer v Lerner UK

Villa v Utd

Glazer v Lerner USA

Tampa Bay v Cleveland.

now you can't get spookier than that... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Far spookier than that Anna-Nicole Smith thread.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sir Alex happy with squad despite transfer misses

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed he failed in a deadline-day move to resurrect a deal to sign Marcos Senna from Villarreal.

Senna had been placed at the top of Ferguson's hit-list as the Manchester United boss looked to strengthen his midfield in the summer.

However, with his attempt to land Owen Hargreaves from Bayern Munich getting tantalisingly close, Ferguson told Senna and his club he could not push through a proposed transfer for the 30-year-old.

The decision backfired as the August 31 deadline drew closer, with Bayern refusing to budge on their desire to make Hargreaves see out a contract which is not due to ezpire until 2010 despite further contact from Old Trafford.

So, Ferguson was forced to go back to Villarreal with an improved offer for Senna, which was promptly rejected, leaving United with only one major signing, £18.6million England man Michael Carrick.

Ferguson told United Review: 'We did work very hard on trying to bring Owen Hargreaves to Old Trafford, right up to the day the transfer window closed.

'Similarly, we made another late bid for Marcos Senna at Villarreal, but you cannot force clubs to sell and so we open our campaign with what we have got.'

Ferguson recognises many fans are concerned at the lack of transfer activity. Yet, after four straight Premiership wins, he feels his squad is strong enough to cope with the twin demands of fighting for success at home and abroad.

He added: 'Some of you may not share my confidence, especially if you were expecting more from the transfer market this summer.

'But I am not dissatisfied with my squad. You always seek to add to your options but we have a good squad well equipped to make a serious challenge on all fronts.

'You can see that from our recent league performances and I believe it will take something strange to stop us qualifying from our Champions League group this time.'

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't see that headline coming from all the way back in August, did ya.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I disagree about him not impressing in the Carling cup games. It's unfair to criticise him when nobody particularly impressed in them. That & the fact he had to play in a team containing Richardon & O'Shea hardly helped him.

Other youngsters usualyl get a chance to play with a first eleven at some point before they are loaned out or sold off.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mudweiser:

I'll help this to 308.

I've grown a fondness for Man Utd. Living in Leeds, surrounded by Leeds fans (I'm Newcastle), they're not too popular, but I read Ferguson's book years ago and found myself respecting the man. I'm living with my best friend now, and he's a Man Utd fan, so I'm with him in you lot winning the league.

Because I DESPISE Chelsea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surrounded by Leeds fans? I know the feeling icon_frown.gif

In net: Big Pete, Steady Ray, Van Der Saaaarman

At the back: G Nev, Paul Parker icon_cool.gif(love that goal he scored vs reading in like 94 when we won 3-0), Stevie Bruce, Pallister, Riooooo, Jip Jaap, Johnson, Irwin

In the middle: Keanooooooooooooo, Scholesy, Paul Ince, Robson, Beckham, Andrei the giant, Giggsy, Lee Sharp (>Ronaldo fwiw).

Up top: Eric, Sparky, Ole, Yorke.

Honourable mentions to Ronaldo, P Nev, Berg and Cole, no one else really gets close.

rvnftl.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

yeah but we wouldn't get tickets for Plymouth away dude </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

speak for your self i used to work for ginsters argyle's sponsors icon_razz.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BoroPhil:

any idea how many tickets we gave you in the end? we only started selling today, sounds like they were arguing with the council etc about your allocation as usual. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our ballot has been put back until tomorrow, so I assume it's still undecided. Seems like you wanna give us a full allocation but the FLA want to limit us to 1,000

this one will be dire. it could have been quite entertaining if held in may after the season ended, but everyone will go through the motions even more than in your average friendly and every united fan will sit there praying for ninety minutes that all our players remain unscathed.

actually quite annoyed gerrard and carragher will be on the other team, only takes one sly hack from them on ronaldo and we're shafted. although i suppose they're both evertonians deep down so shouldn't really be that concerned.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

dude you're on ignore, sorry icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well i blatantly can't say anything about the football, cos you'll just post the league table and i'll be pwned.

Plus i know you're still checking my posts out Mart, it gets addictive clicking the show post button. icon_cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian, Sunday Mirror)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Running Total: 3

Predicted Final Total

Irish - 170

James07? - 112

bling - 102

alilaw - 89

gonch19 - 78

Pickles - 74

Nick OGS20 - 68

Jimlad - 56 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

surprisingly only the Berbatov link in the mirror today, and even that was in an article mainly focused on Chelsea bidding for him. poor for a sunday, sort it out hacks.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

nick, check your mail dude. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is there an attachment as part of that? bound to be me missing it but i can't see an option to view one despite there being the little paperclip symbol. all sounds good to me anyway, think that's definitely the way to go.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Masauron:

Yer, that original article seemed a bit dodgy saying 6 months out then later stating he'd make a comeback in Nov/Dec.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

journalists always include the close season, so 6 months from now would be nov/dec. The fact that there are no games for 2 months of that never comes into it.

Archived