The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Awww, look at the little old windbag, he's gotten wound up.

Put the walking stick away eh? there's a good lad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what are you on about? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have no idea icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

What's happening on July 14th? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"My daddy is coming home

on July 14th.

My birthday

is July 14th.

I'm going see my daddy for the first

time ever on July 14th." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Con Air \o/

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

98-99 Premiership Years on SS3 now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i only get ss1 at workicon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Will you fupping sign someone, i'm trying to update PES here. icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh look all over the news.

We have just signed Torres, Mascherano, Ribery and Vieira.

All for 35m aswell. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Excellent fromage btw ali </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scrubs ifb icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FFS I've been hunting for a post by you recommending some cheese icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Silvestre has signed a new deal til 2009 \o/

Park Ji-Sung has extended his too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh for christ's sake icon_mad.gif

But Park is still icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so fine deserved an extension and pay rise for nutting freddie ljungberg if nothing else tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Villarreal president Fernando Roig has criticised Manchester United over their interest in midfielder Marcos Senna.

"They've turned his head without bringing the matter to any conclusion," said Roig of United's conduct in chasing the £4m-rated 30-year-old.

"It isn't good for the relations between the clubs because people should behave in a more correct manner.

"The case is now closed. He will stay and we will have to see if he renews his contract or not."

Villarreal had said that they would approve the move if United made a good offer for the 30-year-old central midfielder, whose contract expires at the end of the season.

Senna, who was born in Brazil, was part of Spain's World Cup squad and played an important role in Villarreal's run to the semi-finals of the Champions League last season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

are you actually planning on making it up to OT this year gregg? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was planning on it last year, but every time i actually could and tried to attend. I couldnt get tickets via the conventional channels.

If i can get a ticket, then i may possibly be up at some time during the season, but it depends on the other things going on in my life too.

Money is pretty tight at the moment, i'm going to be buying a house early in the new year, so i'll just have to wait and see.

I want to get up there, but everytime i even look like getting up at the moment, the gods conspire against me.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

celebration reminded me of ali g iirc

AWESOME goal though, couldn't believe it was actually rio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clearly saluting his homeboys in the crowd. At least he knows where he comes from - thats keeping it real! icon_biggrin.gif

From Guardian Unlimited

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">One Red Issue forumista summed it up perfectly: 'All killer, no filler'. The name of Sum 41's breakthrough album also applies to Sir Alex Ferguson's hugely courageous team selection at Bolton yesterday, which produced a Sum4-0 and a performance that wasn't so much nu-punk as swaggering rock'n'roll. It was the first time Ferguson started a match with an offensive sextet of Ryan Giggs, Michael Carrick, Paul Scholes, Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney and Louis Saha, and the joy of six was everywhere in an orgy of exquisite high-tempo football. It was United's best performance and biggest away win since they battered Newcastle 6-2 in April 2003.

April 2003 was also the last time we had a decent title race, but if United carry on like this we are sure to get one this season. And if we do, it will provide a fascinating test of Chelsea's mettle - especially if it gets really tight, at which point the highly strung Jose Mourinho might be shown to be little more than Kevin Keegan in a Matalan coat. And after which dozens of journalists who had written off Ferguson might be lining up for a Stand By Me-style Total Barf-A-Rama before delving face-first into lashings of humble pie.

Legitimate doubts remain about the depth of United's squad - only perhaps Ole Solskjaer is top-class back-up for the front six - and whether Carrick was the type of player the club really needed in the summer, but with the resources at his disposal this is unquestionably Ferguson's best attacking unit. Darren Fletcher is admirably diligent and John O'Shea has played a lot of games, but it is no coincidence that in their absence their was no faffing, no three-touch passing - just a clean, clinical destruction that was beautiful to behold. Before yesterday United had beaten nobody this season except a woefully out-of-form Liverpool and Spurs at home, so the suspicion remained that reports of their renaissance had been greatly exaggerated. But given that Bolton had not conceded at home all season, to smash them 4-0 - and it could have beem more - was some achievement.

It was Manchester United playing the Manchester United way. Many big sides have gone to Bolton and battened down the hatches in preparation for the inevitable assault. If you do that, there is only one likely to be winner, unless you are as macho and unyielding as Chelsea. Instead, United forced Bolton to play the game on their terms with a scorching start that took the home team completely by surprise. Bolton became the Biff Tannen to United's Marty McFly: impotent and bemused as to why their usual bullying tactics did not work.

United's swashbuckling tactics will not always work either - the defensive midfielder is the most important position in world football, and they do not have one - but if you are going to play with your guard down it helps to have a Dolph Lundgren lookalike in Nemanja Vidic, a beast of a defender who just gets better and better, alongside Rio Ferdinand, who can bob and weave away from most punches in his sleep. It will not always work, and such a thin squad might not be able to go the distance with Chelsea, but failure will be so much more tolerable if they play like this.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has been told his place at Ajax is not under threat despite a slow start to the Eredivisie season.

The Holland international has been linked with a move to a host of top clubs, including Arsenal, Manchester United and Internazionale, but has netted just four league goals this season after hitting 33 last term.

Ajax coach Henk ten Cate remains confident, however, his star striker can regain his predatory touch.

He told Voetbal International: "It's hard for us (as a team) to score goals at the moment.

"Huntelaar doesn't yet have the form that he had last season but we will keep on helping and supporting him.

"He will be starting in the coming games too. The guy needs to give himself the final push.

"A goal will help in that, more than giving 10 assists

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ladle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

My best fiver came this morning icon14.gif

it's fb

Thanks again </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine too, cheers icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

No Giggs has come on for Park </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I'll settle for Taz's choice of substitutions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

as an apology for not showing today, I will be getting the beers for wednesday icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Money & Spaced too please icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah, Spaced, gonna stick that on the DVD player now I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody else think Rooney did alright?

Okay he had that horrible miss from Ronaldo's layoff but he also created more than anyone else, literally never stopped running for us, didnt let us down when shifted out to the right either

Its relatively speaking because the overall performance was rather poor but I thought he was decent

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I just cant have VDS there. today he mixed the brilliant with the abysmal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FFS Taz, mix-up with Vidic where he wasn't as culpable & one moment where he stood on the ball on a clearly dodgy pitch vs. multiple game saving saves.

The latter clearly outweighs the former. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whs

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Dibs on Keith's final ticket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heartless bastard, he's not even cold in the ground yet and you're divvying up his posessions icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shot gun his car and ill drive us to rome \o/. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually meant because he will be running a marathon but I assume you got that.

Martin literally praying Keith doesn't make it so he can write off the 5 figure debt icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

martin would be fuxored i've stuck it in my will icon_wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

I think Giggs comes in for a lot of undeserved stick in this thread. Especially from mark "lets sell Giggs and keep Richardson" g.

But whilst I will give you the fact he does give the ball away quite a lot, when you watch MOTD he always looks awesome as he is often the one trying the most creative balls. When it comes off he looks fantastic.

I'm not trying to say that hes awesome in the way MOTD paints him to be but a lot of people completely slate him when if you think about it he must be doing some stuff right and I will take the occasional squandering of possession that he sometimes brings to his game.

Reading back over that its not the most well argued point I've ever made but I am incredibly hungover still. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My main annoyance is when the ball is passed to him & he stands there waiting for the ball to come to him rather than moving towards it. The amount of times he has done that recently is infuriating.

Then again he can do something awesome still. Crap against Milan & then in the last minutes he goes & sets up Rooney.

Problem is for every ball like that there are 10 where he randomly flicks it witout looking where he is actually flicking it to.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

With Big Pete, if we'd have had the injuries we have in defence, He'd Man Up and been solid for us when we needed it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

er, the only defensive crisis we've had on a par with this that i remember was in the 97/98 run-in, where we imploded in the title race due to having to play John f**king Curtis. omgz Schmikes didn't win it for us on his own, we should have sacked him on the spot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. Can't see how we kept him after that season, obviously his fault we lost the title.

smug

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">if the boot was on the other foot they'd be p!ssing themselves laughing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe, Maybe not.

We probably wouldn't say you deserve to get relegated due to causing *insert made up Leeds United plane crash*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

get rid of the cantishness and yeah, he's quality </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah but you cant, so its moo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry, cows = funny for me. Up there in the top 3 of comedy animals along with the pretty much ever-present monkey family and oft overlooked kangaroo... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you drunk/high? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does it seem like I'm currently under the influence? Cos I'm really not. Totally serious about it infact. Watch a couple of kangaroo's box each other some time and you'll see what I mean. Cows have got this deadpan humour going for them. As for our simian brethren, their work speaks for themselves.

• 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

BBB, i remember you were going to move to Leeds for a bit in May for work. Did you ever do it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

naw dude, work were arseholes about me going to Milan so I told them to get stuffed, plus other stuff too.

Archived