The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cappo Smiffy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I can just imagine Fergie watching all that unfold on Saturday and just thinking "f**k" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

highs and lows, bet he had a wry smile when a certain captain limped off in tears icon_biggrin.gif

Neville conducted himself very well too I felt, going up to the Portugese players afterwards and everything.

I don't expect you lot to neccessarily feel the same, but it did hit me when I saw Terry, Rio, Hargreaves in tears and others gutted how much it meant to them, was crushed watching the sad music play out to a montage of clips at the end of the show :*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I may as well confess this now, I was pretty gutted as well, and still am to an extent icon_biggrin.gif

Probably more because it feels like the tournament's over and the post-World Cup blues have hit prematurely (the general optimism, while largely annoying, was quite infectious and everywhere and everyone just seems so deflated and flat now), but also yeah, I was pretty disappointed for the United lads and felt for the likes of Hargreaves.

Club still >>>>>>>> country ofc icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So I was the only one who taped the repeat and sat there laughing my head off hysterically then? icon_frown.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Liverpool will probably win the league this year the way it's going icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have already prepared for that possiblity icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*whispers*

I actually put £20 quid on them to do it at the start of every season. I also won £625 when they won the European Cup. Rest assured, I was still GUTTED

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KevinLFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

5 years, 1 premiership winners medal, 1 fa cup winners medal. not exactly great icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dont forget the mighty league cup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which trophies made up your 'wonderful' treble in 2001 Kev?

I have no issues with Ruud leaving, fair play to him.... although we could have done with Rob the pizza delivery lad to stick a note in his last delivery.... but it is a bit of a statement for him to do the whole Real biggest club thing, especially after the whole 'the rest don't matter' quote.

Leave it to Gordon McQueen.

Although i do feel we have overpaid for Carrick by a massive amount, that was always going to be the case.

a) We are always forced to overpay because of our name.

b) He's an English player at an English club going to another English club.

c) West Ham had a clause in their deal that any future sale would need to have a percentage of a fee paid to him.

So, if Spurs feel that he's worth £12m to them, lump an extra £2m on for him being English, add an extra £3m on top for the money going to west ham and £1m for agents fees then it looks like a realistic valuation.

It's sad and frustrating, but thats the way things work these days.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

They're gonna get raped \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh god no dont start on that again ffs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Mascherano wasn't required by the club icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Obviously he's not versatile enough to play left back then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Dont want to jinx it but it looks like Foster will follow Howard and claim a clean sheet today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

execs 1st

then loyalty pot

then the losers from the above plus everyone else.

not sure of the % available to each...but i'd have thought they should have got some... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mad that, only away she didnt apply for was Wigan with biggest allocation icon_biggrin.gif Been chubbed for every game apart from that though

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey G:

so evra has came good then? At first I thought people were just putting him as motm as a joke. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not even a case of him 'coming good', he's just settled in and established himself. he's been consistently excellent this season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Craig[EVE]:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Everton need to have a good long look at themselves, because to be that outclassed by that United XI is pretty shameful. In years to come the likes of Lee Carsley and Leon Osman will break down in tears and admit to their grandkids that they lost a midfield battle against the might of John O'Shea, Kieran Richardson, Darren Fletcher (ifb) and Wes Brown.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you really expect from us Nick? We're missing our 2 most influential players (Johnson and Cahill) we couldn't play Howard who's been amazing in goal for us and we had to replace him with Wright, who's never lived up to expectation and we couldn't play Pip at rightback as we needed cover for the Central Mid role, so we had to break up the very effective Yobo Lescott partnership. Our squad depth is even thiner than yours! The fact you're on such a good run of form and you were playing at home, i'm pleased we didn't get routed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a bit more fight, more than anything. Obviously the missing players were key, but the likes of Phil and Lee Carsley should be able to at least hold their own against the midfield we put out. As it was, they hardly turned up and managed to make John O'Shea look almost competent, which is frankly a remarkable feat.

low blows sires.

my point is that Man Utd, via its public offering, commoditized itself and that the Glazers' actions are to be expected.

again, if you're willing to pay for the more expensive season tickets, they'll charge you at that price. vote with your wallets and stop whining, they'll never respect you as long as they have your money if that's all they really want.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

pfft shame you didn't apply that when you were in 'Self Righteous Fan' mode, eh Jimbo? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf it was actually an intrinsic part of his argument - 'I KNOW I deserve the tickets more than you because I've applied for every game SINCE BEFORE YOU WERE BORN'.

ALEX FERGUSON will go into the New Year with a £50million transfer kitty burning a hole in his pocket.

Manchester United’s owner Malcolm Glazer and his sons Joel, Bryan and Avi set aside the cash in their latest business plans for the Old Trafford giants.

YAS \o/\o/\o/

• 4 weeks later...

yeah, his 'we won't make that mistake again' claim, no matter how sternly put, doesn't really ring true when you see how often we've made things awkward for ourselves in that way and just refused to learn from it.

Hargreaves would make a huge difference in that regard. if we can't get him, i still say Fletch should be utilised more in those kind of games.

anyway, this is all irrelevant. i've realised today that i didn't follow my usual pre-match ritual of listening to i am the resurrection on sunday - every time i've forgotten to this season we've lost/drawn icon_frown.gif

so blame me, but i won't make that mistake again, no question about that

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

5 credit cards icon_biggrin.gif

You total moron </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

technically i have 6 as one has 2 cards for one account icon_wink.gif

one big 5 year loan will save me £200 a month minimum and thats without paying off one of the cards as it has a interest rate of 7.9%

paying the car off early instead saves me more money and means my little citreon is wholly mine

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to go to the away quarter, but not sure I want to now after going to Milan a couple of years back. Really put me off travelling to Italy. It'll be nasty I think.

Might wait and just go to the Allianz Arena instead. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

james, im probably not going to rome i dont think, gonna find it very hard to get 4 days off and the cost is quite a lot.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much would you be looking at cost wise out of interest? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£370 odd, and rising with each day i deliberate probably icon_frown.gif

the problem is its around easter so airlines are jacking their prices up as people go on romantic breaks / holidays etc.

plus id need to fast-track to renew my passport which may be another 80-90 :/

• 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Go-Go:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

Our squad just isn't good enough. We all knew we'd be screwed with a few injuries and now we've got them.

It didn't help that a lot of the players were thinking of Milan though. As was Fergie considering Richardson started and Giggs was on the bench. Surely the Portsmouth game tought us that Giggs will not save the day when dragged off the bench. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be fair the entire back four out is hardly 'a few injuries' - although our first teamers have still missed vastly more games this season than yours through injury - just unlucky for you that it has came at this end of the season.

ALl of our remaining fixtures are very much possibilities of dropping points to you guys are still favourites - and would rather the Champs' League than the Premiership anytime. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the fact that they all came simultaneously. Don't think u guys had an entire line out icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

redblood drop me an email and I'll send your book back icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Forgot all about that icon_biggrin.gif

Don't worry about it you can buy me a drink at a match were both at some time

in a similar but less homohair-biased way, it's Most Disappointing Player:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Kieran Richardson

Ryan Giggs

Gaby Heinze

Louis Saha

Wesley Brown

Darren Fletcher

Tomasz Kuszczak

Mikael Silvestre </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

Archived