The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dizzie Rascal:

i didnt have a problem with him about the Rooney incident, yes it was a bit unsporting and you wouldnt see Figo do it if it was Zidane but they are both young and a bit naive

But to come out and say he wants to leave, tells me his heart is truly not in it. He could at the very leas come back to manchester and find out for himself befre making these remarks. He's just blown away any last supporters he had on his side icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty much what I think.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

The only thing Ruud is guilty of for me is not getting rid of his agent when he was hawking him around. Ruud could easily have left last summer, but he told his agent to cut it out and committed himself to United. Had he not been treated as shabbily as he has this past season I'm sure that would have been the case this summer as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gosh, I can't even start to work out why he didn't get rid of his agent. What a strange puzzle.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Christ, Rob Lee on SSN - "yeah, I expect some big signings from United, after all the Glazers have freed up plenty of money for Sir Alex recently"

SO HELP ME GOD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

£50m pot iirc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

No icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know you wouldn't have really. I was trying to make the point that in my eyes your post reads better if it's entirely sarcastic.

Miller's been utter shyte whenever I've seen him play for Leeds or at international level. In fact I can only think of maybe one occasion where he's remotely impressed me - he was 'alright' against Preston. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's all post moving to us though (except perhaps the internationals?). He was a far better player when he played at Celtic. Still probably not good enough for us (although he was young enough that i hoped there was still some potential to come through), but much better than we've seen since the transfer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nistelrooy_uk_10:

quite frustrating really that we could have had duff and rosicky for about £13 (??) think someone mentioned it in another thread (possibly this one) the other day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look, we wouldn't have got Duff for the same price Newcastle did.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Look Smith in my eye's is more of a hero to me than Giggs and certainly provided more whilst he's been at the club than giggs has in the same time frame. As for Brian McClair granted he was a great goalscorer when he arrived from Celtic in mid eighties but did'nt seem like he had the same passion or desire to win than Smith does. It still makes me laugh that even though he single handly won us so many points in his season people don't give him the recognition he deserves , don't get me wrong I am not saying that he is anywhere near my all time favourite XI United players because he isn't as good technically as a lot of United players past/present but he shows a hell of a lot more commitment than some (Giggs in my opinion).

Anyway I would love to stay and chat but going watching something I have wanted to watch for a while now Smithy & Rossi upfront icon_cool.gif . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

meh, your opinion is pretty damn dubious but fair enough. and which season was it he single handedly won us so many points? and what did we win from it?

bottom line for me, smith is a guy i like a lot and im behind him 100% and want him to be a success for us. and im excited about his comeback just like any other united fan. but hes a long long loooong way to matching a player like giggs. or even mcclair. his much fabled commitment has hardly won us much has it, and at the end of the day he's a leeds fan who 5 years ago would have been ready to spit on our badge. so, until he comes back and actually does something worthy of praise then as far as im concerned hes not even close to being an 'utter legend' let alone mentioned in the same breath as all time greats. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bbb, heres what i said about smith.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

I'l ask again. How is Eagles a first team squad member? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because he hasn't been loaned out yet? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

I'd say that the first team squad should be as it appears on the official website.

Eagles is in the reserves, therefore doesnt count.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pele10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'll be watching this icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

same here icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

look this isnt big or clever.

if it's watching in the way I think. Help me out kthx.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

city centre is lovely tonight, i like coldberg will be venturing out without a jacket shortly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

have fun icon14.gif i went out last night, had a great night, had a terrible morning icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

I'm not afraid to say I cheer on England. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Die twat

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

i thought hed GONE kidnapping tbf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shall rap your scull next time I see you, young man. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Skull, ffs.

I love that the AIG advert shows a Ronaldo freekick that he totally arses up icon_biggrin.gif

When my mate was in AMerica for 2 weeks & that advert was first out he said that 90% of the people who were in the bars/clubs he was in at the time asked who United were. He said that people honestly had no idea who it was they were sponsering.

Seems we will never crack the American market icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Yes he is right but he's the wrong person to say it.

Who's in charge of PR at Old Trafford? Ronald McDonald? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and tbh he did not come near mentioning the word sleepy.

his exact words were "Some weekends they come here and wait to be entranced, to see magic."

• 1 month later...

I have been successful in one application this season. That was Celtic & even that was when it went to a second ballot.

Last season I only missed out on Chelsea, Liverpool & City.

I didn't aply to Arsenal for some reason but still got a ticket.

What I don't understand is why there are so many tickets on Viagogo for the league games (big 4 not included). I could swear that it's just United putting them o nviagogo themselves so they can charge more money & actually get money back themselves.

There are hardly any in the East & West stands but for NT2/3 there are pages of them.

These new season tickets were such a bad idea icon_mad.gif

Its great to see Ronaldo getting praise and people mentioning the fact he has all but cut out the diving.

Got to say i am happy with Jones being sold. I didnt think he would ever make a first team reg but he could do what Richardson does.

For all the talk of not being given a chance and stuff with jones he can only look at the few chances he had in the Carling Cup to make a mark and stand out where instead he looked awful.

Then we get onto Eagles and i have no idea why he is still here, he wont make it so why we are loaning him out i dont know.

• 3 weeks later...

After looking at the goal again, I think it's hard to blame someone in particular, I just think that it was a cracking shot, though I can see why people have suggested Carrick and Evra. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's more Carrick's fault for the goal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How would you know, OLE hater </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that's the level we're talking, i rest my case.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

it'll be a mongfest of epic proportions. they're due a result against us, a big one, just like they were against chelsea in '05. we're abysmal in two-legged ties. it'll be horrific if/when they win. europe is all about playing the best the continent has to offer, not f**king liverpool again. i could go on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

jimmy, the 91 stands for something doesnt it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeh it stands for the score in the 2nd leg to milan \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Satan, look at my pert arse!:

Just to clarify, Gattuso going off opened things up a bit, but Man Utd were easily the better team before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Easily the better team? Milan should have got a third within the first ten minutes of the second half. United were extremely stretched at the back and it really looked on the cards. Then himself left the field and that was the difference in the end.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

hmm, can't see my nomination there. I assume it was just thrown under one of the general Richardson is an utter twat who should never play football again headings? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats for the worst decision nominations obviously.

jesus christ keith, shut up, not that again ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shut it, it gives the people who dont care about jonny bullying you something equally important to talk about

not that feck all will happen as mika the great ruud arsekisser aint here icon_wink.gif

Archived