The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i125/fenonimoplus/Man...erUnitedRedNike1.png - Looks good on FM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks shocking. Like Matt said, it looks like the shirt of a non-league club or something.

No offence FC fans :/

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ronaldo on his way?

So he’s reportedly fallen out with Ruud and now he’s not really endeared himself to Rooney either? Not quite the internal harmony we’re looking for is it? To be fair if I were Ruud and I’d gone from thriving on the deliveries provided by Beckham to the non-existent rubbish that Ronaldo generally serves up I’d be ****ed as well. As many including myself have said its his lack of progress in these fundamental areas of his game that impede the return we make from having a player with his ability and cause the most concern.

I think he will be a top player eventually, and I’d prefer him to develop into it at United and be completely galvanised by the inevitable hate that’s going to be sent his way from every set of fans bar our own next season and show everyone that he’s not a glorified show pony, but everything that’s being attributed to him in the press smacks of a player trying to engineer a move away from the club.

If he leaves I’ll be disappointed, but we’re in a position with Ronaldo that we’re not with Ruud at present in that we can and should demand a top fee for him. If he stays I’ll continue to praise him when he does well and show concern when he fails to perform. It’ll be another midfield headache for us, and that brings us onto the main issue in item number three…

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Torres keen on Premier League switch

Spanish ace Fernando Torres dreams of playing for Sir Alex Ferguson's Manchester United - says Spanish football expert Guillem Balague.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez would love to sign the prolific youngster but only clubs like Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and even Newcastle United seem to have the financial clout when it matters leaving us unable to mount a realistic attempt to sign him.

The Liverpool board have stumped up cash for the boss this summer but they've also told him he must sell and that's just to try and fund a move for Dirk Kuyt who would probably cost half of what Torres would.

Balague said: "Torres said to his friends that he'd like to know which part of Manchester is the best one to live but that's nothing to do with a deal being done yet. There is no deal being done.

"He wants to move on. He knows that Atletico Madrid have invested lots of money in Sergio Aguero, about €26million euros. He's a 17-year-old Argentinian from Independiente, who is a forward as well.

"I think Atletico Madrid and Fernando Torres have sort of agreed that as long as Fernando Torres says 'It is me who is moving' that Atletico Madrid will be happy to let him go.

"It will be a difficult situation for Atletico Madrid to deal with but of course if they get €30million (£20m) they will be happy to deal with it.

"Fernando Torres doesn't want to go to Italy. He would love to go to the Premiership and more than that, he will privately admit that Manchester United is the club he would like to join to play along with Rooney, maybe Cristiano Ronaldo, maybe not, but the rest of the team, and of course being with Sir Alex Ferguson.

"In his words - this would be a dream for him." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From Koptalk.com

http://www.koptalk.com/detail_subtitle_listing.php?link_id=3329

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

No thanks to Simao. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs, just seemed to be an older version of Ronaldo in the WC, and a bit less skilful

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

this is just great.

Every day I come in here and somehow the mood has got worse AGAIN icon_biggrin.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Any of the Manchester lot fancy Altrincham V FC Utd next Wednesday at Moss Lane? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You not going to try and arrange a meet up for the Maine Road v FCUM game? icon_biggrin.gif

Going to be big time kicking off there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have my doubts over just how many Citeh will turn up.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

It's just one step from here to Gerrard </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ian Rush as our RvN replacement. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keegan. He and Fergie are good mates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

The game is on telly right??

If so and it aint Prem Plus there is the potential for me to pull one of the lasses from work going to Alton Towers with us the day before and there fore not having the time to get down for the game.

Obviously you'd have to sit next to Mart in full anti scouse mode </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's on SS1.

And wher do you work that you have 14 yr old employee's? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there ages range from 18 to mid 20's

• 3 weeks later...

Probably is my memory playing tricks Mark.

I knew it'd been for a while but couldn't remember when it'd started.

I do agree the buck stops with the manager too. I think most of us now acept that Fergie should go before he ruins the memories.

I just do not want Quieroz anywhere near the job when Fergie does eventually go.

It's performances like last night that make me even more determined that it has to be a British manager to get the job when he goes. If not a British manager, then somebody with the same mentality.

There's a gulf of difference between Gung-Ho and Cautious-Lazy play.

We didnt have to be gung-ho last night, but we did need to have a determined, resolute, decisiveness that just was not there. Nobody was hungry for it, bar a few occassional glimers throughout from Rooney, Ronaldo, Ole and Heinze and it wasn't often enough from any of them either.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

we've got a breather now, in case we slip up next week </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's not the attitude that's going to win titles. we've got a lead, not a breather.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ronaldo_1977:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Engage your brain & read what I typed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Engage your brain and think about what you said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I know what I typed. Have you escaped from your carer for 15 minutes or something?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

whats this about freddy adu joining you guys on trial? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was arranged last week, comes here on Sunday for two weeks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Peno was harsh tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not you as well /O\

Why was it harsh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ive not seen the replay but initally looked harsh, ball smashed at him, looked like he hardly made a deliberate attempt to stop it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hairwad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

yeah but this is the thing, you're entire argument is that we *might* have won by fanciful amounts by sticking to a formation that ALREADY HAD US DOWN A GOAL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My *argument* is that *anything* could have happened *in-spite* of *formations*!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That completely ignores the fact that while in theory anything can happen, and on occasion the better team loses, in general a team that a) gets their tactics right and b) plays better than the opposition does win.

• 2 months later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

oh and i dont think there is any way ruud should be in the top 10 in terms of influence on the ferguson era. you could argue he hindered it almost to the point of no return thanks to the unsuccessful change in system that saw us go from three times consecutive title winners to a team 'not playing the united way' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Veron was far more the cause of that.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

another thing that ****ed me off about reading, some really over enthusiastic tw*t was reading out the teams beforehand on the pitch, finished reading out the reading team and continued to say

"and number 13....Reading Fans everywhere!!!!!!"

jesus wept. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That made me laugh when he said that. So cheesy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bayer Leverkusen 2001-02

In the league 5 points clear with 3 games to go

In German Cup final

In European Cup final

5 games from the joint greatest season ever in football history along with Manchester United 98-99.

Bayer won nothing that season. BE WARNED. IT COULD ALL BLOW UP IN OUR FACES.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

also had this racist twat behind me who thought nothing of calling Dida a monkey and making monkey noises at him, as well as calling Seedorf 'that black ****'. will fling an email the club's way about that methinks, took no notice of a couple of us calling him up on it. was sat with a bunch of his mates who were all whingeing old bastards who spent more time shouting 'SIIIIIIDAAAAAAAAAAHN' than actually supporting the team, quite brilliant justice that they left before the goal really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how old was this guy nick? did you report him to the nearest steward? i hope you do email them

had some twat behind me racially abuse benni mccarthy against blackburn, gave him an angrey glare and he became all apologetic after the game, i wasnt too bothered about it but it was disappointing to hear, first time ive heard that at ot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mid-forties or thereabouts i'd guess. already emailed them, hopefully a steward will have a word before the next game. really angered me last night, can honestly say i've never heard anything like that at United before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They get banned at Chelsea for that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Pop quiz. Last united player to score an FA cup hat trick? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scholes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived