The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heinze has always played centre back for Argies, 'coz they used to play a back 3, of which he was one of them. Think their back 4 is a more recent thing?

Mascherano pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HP_SAUCE:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

Ronaldo didn't wave an imaginary card. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still a Man u **** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who in the blue hell are you?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Firstly, Shearer. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "I think Wayne Rooney could go back to the Manchester United training ground and stick one on Ronaldo" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think people need to learn the difference between the word "could", which talks about what you think may happen, and "should", which approves of it. I've seen that quoted as "should" so many times now, which is simply not what he said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, although I'd argue the way Shearer said it was more "i think he'd be justified in doing this" than "he might possibly do this". But screw arguing semantics and all that ******** at this time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'd also say, while i agree that he didn't wave the imaginary card, which he has been accused of, the idea that he was simply telling the ref it was a foul, when the foul had already been given, is ludicrous as well. Do you really think players run up to the ref to argue that a free kick should have been given when the free kick has been given? Even they're not that stupid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree with that. I'm pretty sure Ronaldo reacts initially when he sees the stamp rather than to the whistle - there's a tussle with two players, I think everyone agrees England should have had a freekick by that time already as Wayne was being fouled, so it might not have been immediately clear which way the foul had been given as well. Ronnie was reacting after seeing an opponent trampling on one of his team-mates - might be slightly naive, but I don't believe he was trying to get Wayne sent off.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

So we aren't letting Ruud go for cheap? I'm sure I heard the senile ole bastard say that last night?

Eurgh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tbf, I'd wait for a more concrete source than Marca before having a dig

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

No icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know you wouldn't have really. I was trying to make the point that in my eyes your post reads better if it's entirely sarcastic.

Miller's been utter shyte whenever I've seen him play for Leeds or at international level. In fact I can only think of maybe one occasion where he's remotely impressed me - he was 'alright' against Preston.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

Whilst you worship boyhood Liverpool fan OGS. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah?

Shame he went and won us the CL instead of you then.. it could have been 6 :***(

I happened to spot this whilst reading a story about Cole wanting to leave Arsenal, it can't be right surely?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The clock is ticking on Cole's proposed transfer to Chelsea with UEFA imposing a Thursday deadline for the registration of Champions League players </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This can only be for teams in the qualifying round surely if not we'd better hurry the **** up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SarfLondonSpur:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Martin impressed again when he came on, i hope he gets a decent chance in the first team this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Martin and Ronaldo are in the same side, the fullbacks are going to have a torrid, torrid, time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rumours that Lee Martin may be coming on loan to Rangers for the season, no idea if there is anything behind them though

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

You'll havr to do it all again. Gonch shouldn't have included Best, so he did his list again without him.

SHAMBLES </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, but there's an older git than you in this thread who also included him icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can understand why i hadn't considered that possibility icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Saha

Smith

Scholes

Solskjaer

Sheringham

Sealey

Schmeichel

Sharpe

Spector

Stam

Steele

Silvestre

Stapleton

Strachan

That right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bah

I got most of em icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ok I feel like a futile night discussion.

If we had to sell 5 first team squad members, who would they be and why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Miller

Silvestre

Solskjaer

Kuszczak

Giggs

Obvious

Combination of most bankable backup and liability

Age and may not have recovered from injuries

BAckup keeper who could be replaced by Foster if need be

Regardless of last two games, old and past his best.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The 22 year old is thought to have a clause in his contract, which states that he can leave the club should any of the teams that have finished in the top three of the Premiership in the previous season make a substantial bid for him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That rules Arsenal out then icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As stated in the article> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only read up to there icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

some accountant you'd make icon15.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Was it just the hanging around, the drinking, or the blatant grooming of Ryan they objected to? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it seems the two crimes are:

1) Drinking beer (while standing still) in an alcohol free zone.

2) Using a privately owned wall to sit on without prior permission. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we're you in your stalker gear and carrying your knife by any chance?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

I might be more generous than you, Mark. I still think that his teammates are likely to have more confidence in him, and be more willing to pass to him in difficult situations than they would with Fletcher and with O'Shea.

I'm really impressed with Fletcher's improved physical stature. He looks so strong compared with last season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's leave O'Shea out of this, Carrick's not been that bad icon_biggrin.gif

I agree on Fletcher's physique, i mentioned it as well a week or two ago. But he's also improved significantly on the ball in tight situations. A number of times yesterday (and this season in general) he's had two men on him and either emerged with the ball or at least found a team mate with a pass.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Oh, I'm well aware of Bagpuss's Sidney Cooke reputation.

Is it you who fancies that plain 15 year old on Hollyoaks, Baggers - the pregnant one? Or am I thinking of someone else? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hopefully some one else as i am assuming the actress is older than the character

• 3 weeks later...

oh, and a LOT less than £12m icon14.gif Like £5m

Lets face it, we ain't gonna get Torres, have to pay Ajax a MASSIVE premium for KJ Huntelaar and Villa will go Chelsea. Having Jermain (even though he's inferior to Saha) will still be a step closer to, dare I say it, attacking depth?

He's not worse than Smith.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

btw did anyone see what boateng said about ronaldo?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> One day someone will hurt him properly and he'll be out for a long time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

****ing disgusting

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

ah yes Larsson. what a brilliant cameo loan. legend :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now looking back that Henke loan deal did turn out to be quite crucial since Saha decided to rot in hell for the 2nd half of the season and Smith was nowhere near match fit at that time.

From the BBC.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

FA probes Ball & Brown incidents

The Football Association will investigate Manchester City defender Michael Ball's apparent stamp on Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo.

It will view television footage of the incident in Saturday's derby.

The FA will also look into the alleged headbutt by Fulham's Michael Brown on Liverpool's Xabi Alonso.

An FA spokesman said: "We will ask the officials what action they would have taken had they seen the incidents - and any charges will be based on that."

If any charges are announced on Tuesday, the players would have until Wednesday to respond and, under the fast-track system a disciplinary hearing would take place on Thursday

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TtT:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thai goverment block your link, no ********. What's it? I know it's yourtube site from right click and look at proporty....

here's what happen when I click your link

stupid thai goverment </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Ministry of information" - what a funny way of saying censorship

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really hope Anderson has cut out his rolling on the floor that is demonstrated in this video.

Archived