The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and on Ruud, Fergie now saying he'd be "content" with us not selling if we're not receiving the amount we want. The problem is how utterly disinterested would RvN be if he had to stay now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's saying that so madrid don't try to get him cheap as we want him gone </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

god let us keep RUDD

Right, does anyone know anything about buses from Hyde back into Manchester? Because it's a later kickoff than normal tonight, there's no trains after the game and I don't fancy being stranded there overnight or paying for a cab.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

from how Ruud has conducted himself, he certainly would've struck out at Fergie if his assertion was not true and you know it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. And you dont "know it" either. Nobody will really know the details of whats gone on between them two.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Seeing O'Neill had agreed to join Villa was quite possibly the highlight of the trip to Amsterdam, maybe even the best news of the summer icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Don't trip up Nick"

a couple of seconds pass...

Nick goes Arse over tit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

tbh there's loads of quoting potential at the game

after a crunching tackle

"ah.. that is a mans game that... yea... ahh" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Accidental" is my favourite brent quote after he headbutts the potential secretary. icon_biggrin.gif just so fb.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dangerous Dave:

haha wp pires </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Has it made your year too? Bless :***********)

\o/ icon_biggrin.gif \o/ icon_biggrin.gif UNITED HAVE DROPPED TWO POINTS! \o/ icon_biggrin.gif \o/ icon_biggrin.gif

At least when we laugh at your team it has some merit, such as your inability to score from open play away from home and the current 14 point difference between our two teams. Pick your moment, son, pick your moment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

not gonna get on ronaldo's back about the pen - admittedly i've seen it from just the one angle, but it looks a penalty AND a dive to me, if that makes any sense. while there was minimal/no contact, the keeper impedes him without getting the ball for me. you can see ronnie initially tries to evade this but in doing so the goalscoring chance is gone and he goes down. i don't like it, but referees are so clownshoes these days you can't rely on them to recognise fouls like that, so i'd argue he's being professional there, however much i dislike diving.

the one later on was rubbish and very pires-esque though, not defending that.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only just seen this, largely sums up my views to be honest. Now that I've actually seen the penalty decision this morning, I don't think that it's a dive at all, I think that he has lost his balance once he has tried to go around the keeper. You don't see him turning round to the ref and demanding a penalty or anything, like he can do, and yeah, I'll defend him.

But like Nick says, the later one was very Pires-esque and you can't really defend it.

But yeah, had it been anyone else then Ronaldo wouldn't have been getting any of the stick that he is now, Rosicky's was arguably worse and nobody bats an eyelid.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

nick have you uploaded that file yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not yet dude, i'm at my folks' and can't get my laptop to connect to the net here, so i need to burn it to cd, whack it on here and then upload it. unless my sister has a spare blank cd, it'll have to be tomorrow

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I remember people going crazy when Ronaldo used to always pick the wrong option but look at Rooney now and its the same. Most of the time hes holding onto it when he should be passing and chosing the wrong pass if the pass does actually get to its man or even just shooting and getting closer to the third tier than the goal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rooney is instinctively unselfish though. More often than not he will look to pass even if he might be in a good position to shoot.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Anyone a tad scared the scouse / Arsenal might come back into it :/ ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, particularly the Scouse.

• 4 weeks later...

the odds of Saha scoring a one-on-one are bad enough if he can use his left without whittling them down even further by limiting him to his right </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually have more faith in Park scoring a goal than Saha scoring a one on one :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

i've just found out i'm going to be in northern ireland visiting relatives from the 8th-15th of april meaning i'll miss sheff utd at home and i'll probably just get home to watch chelsea away on tv. icon_frown.gif

i'll be so upset if we get chelsea tickets now. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mart will be on to you any minute whoring for potential Chelsea tickets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

speaking of tickets, there are some cheap liverpool away ones on here.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

From that point of view at least the return leg is at home and the fans are safe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, my decision to go to the away game is partly because it's the 1st leg.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Could you two stop discussing the manner of my execution with such nonchalance please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You won't know it's coming, Mark. Promise. x

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the info about Burns as well, Left Wing/Left back was a big problem for us so its good to see Left Wing kind of being solved (I can't see Lewis staying).

Hopefully they will be better than Pugh, although he did have a good start here tbf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

in third, the Milan defeat and the toothless manner of it

in second comes Henry's last minute winner at the Emirates to give Keyser's boys a barely deserved win.

and the (very clear for me) winner is Drogba's winner in the Cup Final. still gutted/angry now tbf

Archived