The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

Ronaldo didn't wave an imaginary card. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still a Man u ****

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timmy Howard:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

If Rooney did it to Ronaldo would you be saying the same thing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While i wouldnt be as angry i'd still be very disappointed in the player, but i just can't believe he did it and right in front of him as well </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

such a hyporcrite, you're either disgusted, you can't say yeah but it's Wayne so it's sort of okay, you either agree or disagree.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnzy:

And its not a siege mentallity if it was any other player I would have been angry. I just think its funny that alot of you are getting so defensive. Yesterday ronaldo was an idiot - so was rooney. If it was 2 other players they would still be idiots </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"idiot" - yes

Most despicable human being ever to step foot on a football pitch as the Sun would have you believe - no

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Seriously stop chasing Carrick. His value of £16m+ is just ridiculous. Lets go snap Hargreaves up for around £6-8m </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wts.

£16m, for christs sake. Could get Hargreaves and mebbe Maschereno for that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hope your not saying combined! There's no place for that sort of optimism here. icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

Not meaning to p*ss on your fire or anything Taz, as I agree, Defoe's not great. But in pre-season Spurs have been playing a 4-3-1-2 formation, with Keane in behind both Defoe and Berbatov. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"The system gave Spurs' flair players the stage to express their attacking prowess however boss Martin Jol insisted that the 4-3-3 was deployed as a fitness, rather than a tactical exercise."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Actually, to be serious for a minute, if you took away the acrimony of the way he left, i think a lot of Celtic fans would take Miller back. While i was never convinced he'd be quite good enough for us, he's certainly a much better player than we ever saw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume you'd have put a safety wink in there if allowed?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KevinLFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

5 years, 1 premiership winners medal, 1 fa cup winners medal. not exactly great icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dont forget the mighty league cup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1/3rd of your magnificent treble :****(

Cos, If it wasn't a Wednesday I'd have gone </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Can you not get it for you and give it to me?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

yeah but Ruud wanted to leave basically because Fergie didnt want him that much.. or at least didnt care if he wasnt around anymore

Bayern really really dont want to sell Hargreaves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure he still wanted him during the 04/05 season when Ruud first put his transfer request in.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

fair play to evans, he deserves it. I'm sure N.I. could do with him after their lack lustre performance against Eidur and his band of merry men.

Is Gibson northern irish or just the regular sort? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was born in NI but has chosen to represent the republic because he considers himself Irish, as far as I know.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

for some reason i have a feeling we are going to flop in the big games this year, kind of like the inverse of last year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, come to the wall and say that.

I DARE YA!

• 2 weeks later...

IF we don't get Hargreaves, I say we stay looking in Germany. Borowski or Frings would be perfect for that role.

As for a striker, obviously Huntelaar or Torres should be first choice in any transfer window, but if we need someone in January to help with the league campaign then again Germany and Bremen might be the location, and Miroslav Klose.

As for a winger, cannot thionk of many potential targets out there - Babel and Ribery the only ones of the top of my head.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ladle:

just had a stumble across to RI there, that place is away to the dogs icon_frown.gif

what's with all the Irishness on there lately? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's always been away to the dogs tbf.

Speaking of Red Ish, does anyone else here get it by subscription, and if so, have you got your latest copy yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get it by subscription, last issue I got was the one with Kieran Richardson and Venables on the back

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If Carrick ever puts in a performance like last night for Man Utd expect me to slaughter him for 27 pages.

It amazes me how the BBC have always raved about Carrick being great for England when hes been crap for them from the start in my opinion.

Last night he was back to the panic passing where he just whacked it anywhere almost before it had even reached him as if the ball would explode if he held on to it for more than a second.

Thank god hes been pretty damn good for us as of late but last night reminded me a lot of when he first joined us although he never had a game that bad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

At present I think next season will see a lot more improvement in our European performances overall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only if we sort our tactics out.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Yes that's right Mark, you used to have your finger on the pulse. All our fans backed Richardson over Giggs iirc icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As you get older, 'recently' covers a much longer period of time. So i'm talking since the last ice age, really.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Competely random: Has any manager ever won ten league titles with the same team in any sport before? I know Red Auerbach won nine, and this'll be Fergie's ninth? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Red won 16 championships, not 9.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Macallan:

So what do you guy's think: If I were Fergie I'd go for Barton. We could do with a backup DM. Would cost a lot less than Owen Hargreaves.

And Fergie sure has a history of handling difficult characters..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Barton can **** right off. There's not a more loathsome man in football right now.

Save Peter Kenyon ofc.

• 2 weeks later...

and bbb, seriously, can you post that email address you use to make complaints, ta... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bbb stop ignoring me ffs

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

cba doing them tonight, killer headache, stinking cold, really not in the mood. tomorrow maybe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

stress related due to the thought of your first days work in years no doubt

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

They're all dives anyway mate, it's CLEARLY all about I&G / FS and plush Canary Wharf offices. Although it's fairly immaterial anyway as in the year I was there I spent, oooh, say 15 days in the actual office. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like a working year for Nick. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you think i'd get employed in an office? icon_redface.gif

So far it's Broadsheets 2-1 Tabloids in the "we linked them to United first" prediction stakes game.

The Broadsheets opened the scoring with The Times knocking in a great Hargreaves before The Daily Mail responded for The Tabloids with an Anderson from Porto. Unfortunately for them The Broadsheets responded almost immediately with The Guardian grabbing a quick Nani.

Interestingly enough, even though we’re still in the early stages of the game, The Tabloids have peppered their opponents with twice as many attempts to get on the score-sheet but they've lacked the clinical finishing of their more refined opponents.

That’s not the whole story though! Six efforts have disrupted the game as individuals from Alternative Media Sources have sought to impose themselves on proceedings by storming the pitch and making themselves heard amidst what is traditionally an affair reserved for these two old rivals! Well we are in the age of new media I suppose...

It’s sad to say that there have been a few casualties among the watching public as six onlookers have been taken out in the process through so many wayward efforts by all those who have taken part so far. How many more will fall before the game finishes on August 31st? Who knows…

…yes it’s Sunday afternoon and I’m very bored…

Archived