The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shanyi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> shanyi is in fact peter beardsley. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you're a slightly unsavoury British antiques dealer!

(See the other thread where I've been annoying people, especially Lovejoy) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no thanks

Basically it was "I'm absolutely gutted and fuming that it has come to this, 150 goals in 219 appearances is going to be a huge void to fill. Given our problems in midfield this is unnecessary and there is nobody to blame other than Fergie.

Or something.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nyte`:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Umney:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

Does anyone have a video of Schmeichel's goal against Rotor Volograd? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Footage of it at 1:55 for about 4 seconds or so </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

his save vs Zidane at the end of the clip = fantastic

great strike by Zidane, great save by Schmeichel </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the game vs Newcastle where Ferdinand had a load of shots and a few one on ones and everytime Schmeichel saved it. I remember watching that game and it got to the stage where it was getting silly how fb he was. Ha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Good to see Smithey on the comeback trail icon14.gif

Still don't think we'll see him before mid-Sept but its positive nonetheless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Smudge to comeback with the winner against Arsenal icon_cool.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

fergie's got a lot to answer for as far as fletch goes - having him as the "water carrier" in a three man midfield so keane could keep going. while it didn't necessarily do anything to his ability to play, it's done a freaking lot to fans perceptions of him i think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is so true.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

:************)

Are you heading for Arsenal then sire? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yes. Even if I have to pay some 'orrible tout for a ticket. icon_wink.gif

i hate these last minute nothing storyings which will get my hopes up for nothing as they will either sign for our rivals or for know one at all and release a counter story about how happy they are at current club icon_frown.gif.

Come on javier icon_frown.gif. If anything jus to make united more fb on evo.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh and np Bling, scouse vote won it for you icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TBF he took his Scouse block-voting duties seriously, choosing jep over me ffs. icon13.gif

So yeah

MoM: Rooney. Awesome. Great. Magnificent. Superb. Hairy.

2nd: Vidic, who actually would have got it if Rooney hadn't scored three. Dealt with absolutely everything Bolton chucked into the box, which was a shedload, and didn't ever really looked troubled. Even had the arrogance to head back to VDS from about half a yard in front of his own goal. Just a mountain. I love him.

Honorable mention to Carrick, who I thought could struggle (although tbf might have done if Nolan had played).

Come one us still playing like this in February when I'll actually get to watch two games live...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Fletcher coming in on the right is a no brainer but what about the left? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

homo hair to the rescue icon_confused.gif (the ? kinda look like his afro, and the confused look kinda looks like his face when he has the ball at his feet.)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

No match thread? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not on real telly. Them's the unwritten rules.

I'm watching from my blimp... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shame because I have it on my real telly. icon14.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw2255:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw2255:

hat trick on his european debut? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rooney that is </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and since then?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i (L) the fa cup.

certainly not a tincup trophy, some of my fondest united moments came in the fa cup and some jcl like mika cannot say anything to take away its awesomeness.

admittedly its not as important on the scale of things but last season or the season before i wouldve killed for it as a trophy

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

if we sign a winger as well as OH id be happy to take defoe for 7mill, or owen for 10 or so. thats of course if we dont sell saha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ARE YOU AVIN A LAFF?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived