The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

The beauty of working with girls is that because they all think Ronaldo is sexy there's no Ronaldo hate here.

Tbh it just bores me having to listen to how we have suddenly a scapegoat.

Personally, I'd like to see Ronaldo at Old Trafford next season, in blistering form and putting in perfect crosses, but I can see him going.

Although one daft bint at work said it would be good to let him go and have Beckham back instead, tried so hard to explain how that would not be a good idea but she loves him (63 years old) so it was in one ear and out the other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

well that and also the missus would get suspicious from all the dirty texts I get from 'Sarah Mob' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you taking her for her scans, or are you delegating that job to Rich?

Well the main one for me was cancelling my vodafone contract and letting them know why - although obviously that doesn't matter any more.

I suppose that living so far away from Old Trafford I found it difficult to get fully involved with the protests going on up there. So I've done the best I can on my own...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

How likely is he to get regular first-team action? I watch La Liga but I can't say I pay much attention to Zaragoza. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>there was a bit in one of yesterday's stories about there being financial penalties if he didn't play at least 20 games so hopefully the chances are good he ges plenty of games.

A segment of the match report from Rangers v. Hearts yesterday...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">From The Sunday Times:

Also impressive was Lee Martin, the winger taken on loan from Manchester United, who tormented Robbie Neilson until the Hearts full-back was sent off in stoppage time at the end of the game. “He can create things for us, but he must be more efficient,†said Le Guen. Martin was on the manor of his manager back at Old Trafford here and there will surely be glowing reports making their way back. “He probably has some spies here,†smiled the winger. Le Guen has Martin and Phil Bardsley, the United right-back, until January but would like to keep them until May.

“It depends on us, but on Manchester United too,†he said. “It was a good option for us and a good option for them. They need games to improve but we will see and talk about that with Alex Ferguson.†Le Guen also revealed that he brought Martin and Bardsley to Ibrox after glowing references from Francisco Filho, United’s former youth coach, who also worked for the French FA. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty much echoing what the Gers fans on here were saying yester but good that the press have said the same.

Francisco Filho bigging up our youngsters icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Dad was a match going red, and still goes occasionally and brought me up as a united fan, wasn't really into football but got into it around my 7/8th birthday (1991/1992) and went to my first match in 1995 been hooked ever since really. Had to put up with all the glory hunting stuff when I was at school (im from Bolton not London FFS) but basically Bolton fans are worse than anyone for that tbh, so i took no notice.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

or they've realised that chelsea's support is every bit as dire as their own and slashed prices in a desperate bid to actually get people to turn up </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

premier league rules mean that away fans get to pay the same as home fans in similar seats.

So, if you happen to be going to a club which is having a one-off special you pay less.

We get it the other way, and pay the same premium the home fans do to see a big club.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonTheGTFCFan:

He's not French. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Close enough.

Read this on the football gossip column though and had to share it:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Not satisifed with brawling during the match, Celtic Marseilles women's team ambushed rivals VGA Saint-Maur at the local train station. (Times) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Huntelaar got a hatrick this weekend btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How old is he?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

what date is the cl final mates? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

23rd May methinks

Mart, my phone died whilst trying to find you at Piazza Venezzia. That must've been somewhere totally different to where you actually were. icon_biggrin.gif

Just, and I mean just received the rest of your txts. icon_biggrin.gif Nice to know your were concerned for me. (Or was that the money ? Sorry about that, but it was still in my sky until five minutes ago, when I passed it on to my dad to use next week on his Rhine cruise). icon_smile.gif

Got into the stadium just before ko. To find that we were all playing Sardines again, a la Lille. And then Scholesy got red carded and the ***** started lobbing bottles at each other, and whatever they could lay their hands on at the Riot Squads.

There was one w@nker I saw that was creeping through the crowd, chucking **** at the Nazis and moving on and doing it again. And again. icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just such a perfect weekend of football, what more can I say than ITS ON \o/. It's not over yet but todays result(s) were MASSIVE in city proportions, we need to beat City next saturday and then watched Chelsea sweat it out against Arsenal.

MoM: Heinze - made some quite superb challenges plus he had to do two jobs at once stage due to Evra's poor showing (hope it's a little blip).

2nd: Carrick - played very well, tracked back well and broke up their attacks as well as playing some good passes.

AFFG:

1: Evra for giving away a stupid needless freekick.

2: Brown for falling for the trick before the kid riffled in the shot.

loved Rooney's celebration after the goal icon_cool.gif.

The biggest surprise today? Kieran Richardson actually improved our team today when he came on (there's just some things that you never think you can say), although thats not enough to keep playing Fergie.

To top it off Leeds get relegated, you just dont get days like this icon_biggrin.gif.

**** this

We were **** tonight

Milan were great

The "Champions" League is a joke the last few years. How many of the finalists in the last 4/5 years have been in a title race?

Not many

17 years scouse *****

We'll never die

• 3 weeks later...

Archived