The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

gahaha, massive slap in the face for Keyser icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wtf are you on about, sheep dip?

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More crap from the Sun. What a paper.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

CRISTIANO RONALDO will be ditched by Manchester United because of his World Cup shame.

Rooney is at war with the Portugal star and United fans will NEVER forgive him for getting their England hero sent off.

Ronaldo inflamed the situation by refusing to apologise — and admitting again he wants to quit United for Real Madrid.

He said: “I don’t feel sorry for Wayne Rooney. Why should I? This is a time for celebration.â€

And when asked if he was betraying boss Alex Ferguson by saying he wants to join Real, he claimed: “I never said I wanted to go to Real Madrid.

“All I said was I liked Real Madrid. I don’t know what my future is.â€

Yet he then told a journalist in Portuguese he WAS, in fact, about to sign with Real.

Ronaldo did not realise the journalist would translate. He said: “Just wait until I sign. It will be sorted out after the World Cup.â€

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So in English he denies making the quotes about leaving but then the sun claim he said something in portuguese that had him signing for Madrid. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

From NICK PARKER

in Baden-Baden

FURIOUS Wayne Rooney has threatened to “split Cristiano Ronaldo in two†when they next meet.

The England striker says the slippery Portuguese winker got him sent off in Saturday’s World Cup clash.

Troubled Rooney, 20, blew his top and branded Man United team-mate Ronaldo, 21, a “pretty boy†in talks with pals.

The looming showdown is a major crisis for Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

Rooney’s rant came on a day of drama in the England camp in Baden-Baden.

David Beckham quit as skipper and departing manager Sven Goran Eriksson made a grovelling apology for the team’s performance.

Rooney’s blast at Ronaldo was revealed by a top FA source.

The insider said: “At breakfast in the hotel this morning, Wayne said he would split him in two and smack him in the head. Who can blame him?

“He is determined to settle the score in his own way and there is nothing anyone can do about it.â€

Before the game Ronaldo had apparently joked with his Old Trafford team-mate that he would get him sent off.

The source added: “Wayne is sure Ronaldo set out to get him sent off — and yet he believed the banter at the beginning of the game was just that. He is now sickened that a team-mate set out to destroy him.

“Wayne knows Fergie will try to convince him to make peace with Ronaldo for the good of United but that won’t wash with him.â€

Ronaldo, who winked at his team-mates as Rooney was sent off, said last week that he wanted to join Real Madrid and the World Cup row looks likely to force Sir Alex to let him go.

Rooney’s family jumped to their boy’s defence yesterday over his sending off.

Cousin James, 21, said: “Wayne plays on pure emotion and loves nothing more than representing his country.

“He knows it is a real honour and will be devastated because I know he feels like he has let everyone down.

“Wayne had put so much energy into recovering his fitness after breaking his foot.

“Nobody will be more disappointed than him.â€

Wayne and fiancée Coleen McLoughlin, 20, flew back from Germany separately yesterday.

Aides said she had a long-standing arrangement to be back in Britain today.

The couple were together at home last night.

Ronaldo was in hiding.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still dont see how Ronaldo got him sent off. And not only is Wayne going to split him in two but hes going to smack him in the head as well. Or so was said at breakfast with friends and people from the F.A who then thought this great news to tell the reporter.

In all honesty i can see Wayne being angry that he was sent off, probably Angry his friend was straight over to complain about the foul and in his mind contributed to the red card but it just smacks of the media and F.A looking for a scapegoat in Ronaldo. Wayne will calm down and be over it by Pre-Season training.

And Ronaldo in hiding, would he not be with the rest of the Portugal side getting ready for a World Cup semi final?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goon:

is your kit really going to have that hidiuos AIG logo on it or are those pictures fake? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better than having dirty arabs logos on our shirts icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dirty Arabs >>>>>>>>> Dirty Americans tbh...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markgood guy:

i just dont think you can win it with kids anymore ! not with Roman around.

and i also dont think you give youth much of a chance anymore,

spector agood young lad, played 2 prem games in the space of 48 hours i think(?) was excellent and no where to be seen after, yeea yeaa i know he went to chartlon but it didn't seem to do him much good did it?

and i can't help but think that somewhere like Arsenal, somebody like piqu would of been braking into the first team but he has no chance of doing that at Manchester united not with so many defenders at the club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are only playing the youngsters because

A) they are better than what we got

B) We can't afford to buy established players

Now then I havent seen much of Pique, but I am sure a United fan would agree that he isn't better than the likes of Rio, Brown etc?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

How is my head buried in the sand Nick? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you think we're two midfielders away from challenging Chelsea, your head in danger of popping out on the other side of the world.

It's a bit arrogant to think that your 'calm, rational' view is the correct one and those who appear to care a bit more are automatically in the wrong, don't you think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not saying they're automatically in the wrong. I'm not saying other peoples views are wrong either. Other peoples views are other peoples views. But when people like Martin choose to call me a moron, then i'm going to fight back.

Or would you prefer me to just be meek and quietly accept people being downright nasty and vile towards me?

that was going to be my last one, but what thread would be complete without a mindblowingly stupid post by liam harper?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liam Harper:

He's been after this all along. "No one at Manchester supported me".

Because you're a two face little kunt, who cries at every opportunity, cheats your way through every match and although i'm not a Man Utd supporter he doesn't deserve to play for them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Woman emailed SSN to say Rooneys sending off was one too far just after shed forgiven him for his England red and should book his ideas up. Shes a United fan or so she says. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahahahah

WOMEN. KNOW YOUR PLACE.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

btw is that Rincon lad still with the club? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On loan at Sporting iirc till he gets his EU Clearance for the UK.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

26.08.06 After the Watford Match

Manchester United 2006/07 Season Leading Goalscorers

Wayne Rooney – 2

Louis Saha - 2

Darren Fletcher - 1

Ryan Giggs - 1

Cristiano Ronaldo – 1

Mikael Silvestre - 1

Ole Solskjaer - 1

Own Goals – 1

Manchester United 2006/07 Season Leading Assisters

Louis Saha - 3

Wes Brown – 2

Ryan Giggs – 1

Ji Sung Park - 1

Wayne Rooney – 1

</pre> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just to be an argumentative ****, and also because it's true, fletch deserves an assist for the giggs goal tbh.

• 2 weeks later...

And the reaon for John O'shea's general shitness....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> O'Shea hails OT atmosphere

John O'Shea claims Old Trafford's increased capacity can prove to be an important asset against visiting teams.

A club record home attendance of 75,453 watched United beat Tottenham on Saturday, and the Irish utility man says he and his team-mates have noticed a conspicuous improvement in the ground's atmosphere

O'Shea told MUTV: "It's fantastic to get crowds like this at Old Trafford. It is always a great atmosphere every game but we have all noticed an increase in volume.

"That can only benefit everyone at the club. This is where we want to be."

United currently top the Premiership with four straight wins and begin their Champions League campaign at home to Celtic on Wednesday night.

With Wayne Rooney and Paul Scholes back from suspension, plus Alan Smith, Gabriel Heinze and Nemanja Vidic all well down the road to recovery, O'Shea says the squad is buzzing.

"This is a positive time for the club with players coming back from injury and suspension. It is important we maintain this form and that is what the manager has re-iterated to us."

O'Shea was delighted that United followed last week's international break with three points against Spurs on Saturday, following last year's slump at the same stage.

"We had a similar start last year but slipped up after coming back from internationals," he said.

"This time it was different. It is always tricky especially when you are playing a good team like Spurs. You have to be on your guard.

"But we did enough to edge the win and get the three points, so we are ahead of ourselves compared to last year."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

....apparently he is hearing things.

• 2 weeks later...

for the record i felt although ronaldo was good, as a so called big game player and someone supposedly capable of winning a game on his own, a good individual goal and some nice passages of play werent quite enough. probably begrudgingly because i was so frustrated. but yeh i stick by it no matter what nick says and anyone else follows.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

off course its possible to be both tall and fat

as for the car jonny some crunt fiddled with the wing mirror </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It wasn't me. Probably some scrote near where yo ulive.

• 1 month later...

All I'll say is that before they scored we looked pretty useless. Kinda similar to how we looked against Celtic.

However after they scored everything changed (thank **** they scored early). We came back attacking and stopped them attacking on the basis we were pushing forward so much they could do nothing but defend in numbers. The last 5/10 minutes of the first half was amazing pressure and it told (Vidic icon_cool.gif)

Second half was all good tbh.

MOTM: Giggs

Runner up: Vidic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you think Pires777 actually realises how stupid he is?

"Your top of the league and drew so the gap could be cut to 4 points clear. Haha thats so funny" icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, definitely icon_smile.gif

Scholesy has come out and said that based on current form Ronnie is the best player in the world at this moment in time.

As ever Paul went on to say hes played better in the past and hopes to once again reach those standards in the second half of the season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can't shut Scholesy up at the minute. i swear he's done more interviews this season than in the rest of his career combined.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got a little favour to ask lads.....

Can we please please please have Jonny Evans on loan for next season and to give him more experience (I'm never confident about Sunderland, but I reckon it'll be in the Premiership).

Go on, pretty please - this guy is going to be class, shame he isn't English.

Simpson's settling in well too btw.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ronaldo 'opens talks on new deal'

Man Utd winger Cristiano Ronaldo

Ronaldo wants to stay at Man Utd - but play in Spain one day

Cristiano Ronaldo has opened talks with Manchester United on extending his contract, according to reports.

But the 22-year-old, whose current deal expires in 2010, repeated his desire to play in Spain one day.

"We have talked and I hope to reach agreement as soon as possible," he told Portuguese radio station Antena 1.

"Nothing has been decided yet and I would like to stay. I would like to play in Spain one day, but I am happy here at Manchester."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> MANCHESTER UNITED last night stepped up their interest in Serie A hotshot Fabio Quagliarella.

I can reveal that Sir Alex Ferguson's brother Martin, United's European scout, was in Genoa to watch Sampdoria's league clash with Palermo.

All of Europe's leading clubs are watching Sampdoria ace Quagliarella, 23.

But I understand United have stolen a march on their rivals - and agents in Italy are aware they mean business.

Quagliarella, with 10 goals in 25 Serie A games, is highly rated within Italy, where AC Milan, Juventus and Inter Milan are all watching his development.

United have watched him several times in recent weeks and, as People Sport revealed last week, they are also keeping tabs on Ajax striker Jan Huntelaar and Reading's Leroy Lita. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just noticed the last line of this - Leroy Lita? icon_biggrin.gif

decent player but clearly not the class of striker we have to be looking at.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

Rio looking horribly lost without Vidic though. Probably need Brown next to him and put O'Shea at right back. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is that not how we've been playing? icon_confused.gif

i think Rio's done alright as well. probably our best player on saturday, did alright in Rome as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I don't know, as I was in Spain for the last week and didn't see the games. From the highlights and what I read in the paper I thought Wes was continuing at right-back and O'Shea was in the middle.

Rio has been in for quite a bit of criticism, which seems undeserved from what you said.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived