The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

hahahahaha the website, the banners icon_biggrin.gif I don't know what's funnier, those or the mongish siege mentality emails the Bender Brothers sent icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

"OMFG!1! HOW DARE YOU CRITICISE A UNITED PLAYER!!!11!!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're an Arsenal fan go away, If It was Rooneys head everyone wanted on a plate, you'd soon say different. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You don't get it, do you? Rooney isn't a perpetual diver, whinger, crybaby c**t so it really really really isn't relevant.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

Podolski > Cronnie anyway so good result there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to closet goonerism. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I was bored.

17)The hat trick and THAT goal against Fulham. “They can close the betting on goal of the month…maybe even the season!â€

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was that the one that started with a forearm smash in the centre circle?

Vieira going to Inter apparently, so it doesn't look like we'll get the chance to have to face up to a horrible decision as to whether to cheer him or not :/

We're clearly putting all our eggs in a Michael Carrick shaped basket...

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nyte`:

what drug was Senna found to have taken?

ps. didn't know he was Assuncao's cousin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Betametosona and Metilprednisolona </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that where Vidic is from?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Other bits from the papers:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Manchester United are considering a bid for £12m-rated Feyenoord striker Dirk Kuyt, who is a long-time target of Liverpool. (Independent)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

they brought him in too icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's possibly the worst spelling of 'brought' I have ever seen icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Don't toy with him lads.

The Senna deal is "apparently" dead according to Villarreal who got a bit miffed at our stalling on the deal for whatever reason (not enough cash or all the Hargreaves talk being two such possible reasons) at the end of last week. If nothing goes through with Hargreaves I'd expect that ther's a fair chance that we'll go back to them & try to resurrect it.

Just saw the "tackle" Brown made on Giggsy yesterday, quite the shocker, lucky he didn't see red really. Thats the sort of act that should be punished in post-match reviews. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It can't be, the ref gave a yellow at the time, so rightly or wrongly is deemed to have dealt with it.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

errios, what an awesome word. much better than errors.

and oi hodkinson, jones is better than fabregas icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tell fergie that icon_mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...

It's not simply blaming him. I blame both of them.

Fergie however does seem to place a lot more trust and confidence in Quieroz than he has previous No2s.

It's not so much Fergie seeing something wrong, it's more a case of Fergie agreeing with him or having somebody in the position he feels is appropriate for what he requires.

It's two people who both want to play the way we do away from home so there is no conflict or disagreement, and constructive ways of improving, it's a case of both being stubborn sods and deciding they're right and will always be right and so it suits them both to have the same viewpoint.

For me a good number 2 should, even when they do not always believe it themselves, be providing an alternative viewpoint and opinion for the manager to look at, to try and give a different perspective when the manager clearly cannot see that their decisions are wrong.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

True but he is doing a good enough job this season. Apart from doing his hamstring in he has been pretty good this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I’d agree. His contributions this season have been a pleasant surprise and probably surpass the expectations of the biggest Olephile. But, isn’t that kinda the point? What we have now is a huge bonus but can it be replied upon? Who can say if this injury is a one off. It’s well known that players coming back from his kind of injury suffer secondary muscle injuries. If Saha or Rooney suffer a major injury would you really feel comfortable in relying on Ole week in week out?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Saha signs new deal

Reds striker Louis Saha says he plans to repay the faith shown in him by Sir Alex Ferguson after agreeing an extension to his contract that will keep him at Old Trafford until 2010.

The start to the Frenchman's United career was besieged by injury, but he has been integral part of the side since returning to the team last November.

"It’s great news," he told ManUtd.com. "I'm really enjoying my time here and I wanted to show my commitment to Manchester United, but also repay the faith that Sir Alex has shown in me.

"Hopefully we will have an exciting end to the season and add some silverware to the trophy room."

United boss Sir Alex believes the deal is a worthy reward for the 28-year-old's recent performances, and says it safeguards the future of an emerging team.

"I'm delighted that we have extended Louis’s contract," he told us. "We are happy to see Louis here until at least 2010 and to add him to the other players who have recently signed new contracts like Cristiano and Wayne but also to the new additions such as Patrice and Nemanja. It bodes well for the future.

"We address the situation of players' contracts now and then in order to strengthen the club and it’s great to add Louis to the list. Louis’ form has been fantastic since he has come back from injury and he has scored 26 goals in that time." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

that penalty cost me two predicton points icon_mad.gif

sell Silvestre in Jan please, we don't need him at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But what if Evra and Heinze and O'Shea ALL get injured at the same time? WHO WILL PLAY AT LEFT BACK THEN? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Heinze and O'Shea got hurt I'd be more concerned about central defense than left back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I didn't think he was as bad as some made out yesterday.

Wasn't good. But only to the extent that hardly any of them were.

That miscontrol when we had a good counter attack situation and the ball ran off for a throw was mighty frustrating, but in general it was nothing spectacularly bad, and he got the goal with a <STRIKE>great</STRIKE> jammy shinned finish, which was crucial. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, with the one correction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bale ifb.

He will make the step up to the Premiership.

He'll do well.

That said. Considering where he is in his development, him coming to us would be a mistake for both parties, particularly considering how well Evra is doing there.

He'll do well at Spurs. Would have been nice for Southampton to have come up and him maybe spending a couple more seasons there before joining us. Never mind. Hopefully the Brazilian kids will do well enough once Evra goes that we won't need him.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived