The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

That's weird. I was just thinking who we could get instead, and i was thinking of Wright. Is Nigel Martyn still playing this season? If so, he'd be third choice there, so he might be able to come on loan as backup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nigel Martyn has retired icon_biggrin.gif

Gordon Banks, Ron Springett, Fatty Foulkes??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I meant if Martyn was still playing, Wright would be third choice and possibly available.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

That referee is an utter twat, "oh look at me I sent off Rooney".

Oh and 2 questions

Who's coming to Seville?

Who's not got their season ticket yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would like to go to Seville game but bit skint atm and yes I have my season ticket icon_cool.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

nick + mart + a jug of pimms = ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mart drunk on the smell alone and nick left with an entire jug of pimms?

yeah, death is certain

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I'll just ignore you both.

Ruud-haters so weak. Utter legend for us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ruud so useless, has never been good.

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD!!!!!!!!!!!

I want so badly for Ruud to overtake Raul in the CL scoring table. Poop that Raul also scored 2 tonight icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

I think he'd be a decent signing for City tbf, but if he's playing first team football I can't see why he'd go there. Maybe he just knows Manchester has the best shopping in the world, he's not exactly come over for the weather. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

him and his family were absolutely LADEN down with shopping bags, gold ones so i presume he'd been in selfridges/harvey nics etc. did a proper double take when i walked past him. wanted to shout something derogatory but then considered that he'd been utter gash for the scousers and decided congratulations and thanks would be more appropriate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just watching the Treble DVD and was thinking that in just in one season we had -

2 utterly awesome 3-3 draws with Barcelona

Beating Inter at OT with 2 first first half goals, made it look SO easy

Giggs' last minute against Juventus in the semi first leg at OT

The most ridiculous FA Cup semi final game you'll ever see, had it ALL

The Juventus 2nd leg comeback

The 2 goals in 2 minutes against Munich to win the CL

A fair few games were we scored over 4 goals in a game

Sexual football

Yorke and Cole getting over 20 goals each

Hammering Forest 8-1 with Ole scoring 4 after coming off the bench!

The 2 goal revival against the chicken dippers in the fa cup

Skause can harp on about 5 times forever but they'll never have a season like that.

fantastic stuff icon_smile.gif

We all know Fergie wont be able to resist making changes tonight so what team is everyone hoping to see?

I wouldnt mind Giggs, Carrick and Larsson sitting out tonight.

VDS, Nev, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Ronaldo, Fletcher, Scholes, Park, Rooney, Solksjaer

I'm not a fan of changing your back four. And with no Saha and ole and Larsson being too similar Rooney has to start. Lets hope the wonder goal has done him wonders.

Though all that said i can see us playing tonight with no Evra, Ronaldo, Scholes and Rooney. Heinze, Fletch, O'Shea coming in with Larsson and Ole up top.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

People wanting a stream please bookmark this so i dont have to post it everyweek.

http://www.myp2p.eu/Matches/Match3.htm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FSC strean is especially good this week

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

we were appalling at Benfica. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeh but it was the only game in which we got a result, therefore it wins by default </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, he said he wanted a performance and a result, Benfica didn't give that.

And sod Debrecen, Richardson scored which makes it void.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

i cant help but feel that even home first our attitude would be to not concede the away goal. so away first please, it's not pretty, but if we scrape every game 1-0 who cares? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IT'S NOT THE UNITED WAY

I'm not denying that the FA Cup has produced great memories for us and all, the semi against Arsenal in 1999 remains arguably the best game I have ever seen. But it's just not the same for me these days, the league and CL are just so much more important that until the QF/SF stage, the FA Cup is a mere hinderence.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Manchester United Researcher

icon_biggrin.gif

i've heard that from Mart before. generally results in having 2-3 cans, complaining it's not very good and then falling asleep on the way home </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont pay THAT much attention so excuse the question, are you officially the united researcher now nick? Congrats if so. You have a hard task infront of you following "The Wizzard" or whatever his name was. It a paid gig?

Well thats the perfromance that been coming for a while probably since Fulham away, Ronnie was the only one to save us that day same goes for the away game at Liverpool with John O'shea, our luck was bond to run out sooner or later.

Rooney has to take a long look in the mirror and realise he hasn't been in form at all this season and he needs to sort himself because as you all saw on Saturday if Ronaldo doesn't drag us through the **** (can't expect him to do it every match) then no-one pulls their fingers out and does it. Back four looked shaky again with out Vida & Nev, just wondering if Evra is fit or not? now thats not a dig at Gabby but when Paddy played our best stuff. Richardson should never, EVER be allowed near a united shirt again, his performance was the worst one I have seen from a united player. Don't know what Scholesy's problem was either he had easily his worst game of the season, can' actually remember him completing a pass which for him is astonishing. Ronnie tried his best but like the majority of the team didn't seem to know where exactly he was supposed to be playing.

Glad we have the distraction of the Champions League & FA Cup coming up and then we MUST win at Everton now and if we drop any points at home it's over.

As for tommorrow can't wait and I am really looking forward to the atmosphere and can see us beating Roma 2-0. From there spank Watford 3-1 in semi final and then a narrow 1-0 victory at home to Sheffield United and then we should have a bit more confidence istalled in the team.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Two Liverpool fans have been injured after 50 supporters fought for a single hub cap in Athens.

Thousands of fans are in Athens

Police in Greece said around 100 drunken fans became embroiled in the row.

The two men were treated in hospital.

With Athens city centre now a sea of Red, the fight highlights what has become a source of anger among the thousands of Liverpool fans in the Greek capital.

There has been just 17 decent hub caps worth nicking by Liverpool supporters, with AC Milan getting none.

But 10 of those will go to corporate ticket holders. Rumours that Milan have handed back 4 hub caps are untrue, says Transport for Athens

British police say there will be 25,000 shop lifters in Athens tonight - but the club says the figure is more likely to be 40,000. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Latest 'mock the Scousers' e-mail sent to me \o/ A day late by the looks of things, but meh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Will Anderson get a work permit? Or does he have a second nationality? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>should get one under that 'special talent' rule I'd think, the same way Mikel got his.

He's already got a few caps (3?) and I vaguely remember something about players under 20 getting more leeway on the 75% rule if they've already been capped.

Archived