The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

So i'm sure you'll be saying exactly the same about Gabby then will you Rich? We should get rid of him for what he did in the Argentina-Germany game?

I look forward to you calling each and every one of our players who ever do the same thing during the new season a c**t and demand their immediate transfer, or if we cant find a buyer, to just tear up their contracts icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're an idiot. seriously. if you can't tell the difference. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only difference i can see is that you're just being bitter because Ronaldo doing it cost England a possible chance of a win. Something not gauranteed anyway even if Rooney had stayed on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

In fact I specifically remember early last season/year before noticing how Scholes was picking the ball up in deeper and deeper positions... until he was nearly alongside Rio at one stage.

Whilst he naturally does that on occasions, his starting position should really be over the half way line, so he can continue making the runs towards the box and contributing to our moves in the final stages rather than being restricted to starting them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, he lost it as well didn't he? Cost us the game against Blackburn I think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Go-Go:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Go-Go:

at times Wes looks absolutely brilliant but how often does this happen?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

err pretty frequently given he's injury-free and in a settled back four? In fact under those circumstances he's near faultless </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, you guys obviously watch ManU more than me, but I'd be suprised if (barring injuries) by the time the season is in full flow, Vidic and Rio aren't your central defence pairing?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't be sure either way.. but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if the opposite happens and Wes cements his place alongside Rio

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anyone know where BBB got the £8m up front with £6m add-ons breakdown and how close it is to being legit? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll give you all one guess, it's all you need. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carrick told BBB himself while he was paying the gas bill over the phone, clearly.

Anyway the argument about Ruud asking to move is largely irrelevant since all the sensible people in here have shown that it was pretty justified for someone in his position to hope for a little more than playing a lone role, with no quality support, in a side thats looking less and less likely to win the big trophies

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

As for Carrick, good player? Yes. Right player? Not unless we get someone else as well. Quite simply, i can't think of a single top team ever that has had no steel in the midfield. And until we buy a player of that type, we have none. If he's the only central midfielder we buy this summer, i think it'll be another Fergie clanger. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree with that 100%. Said something similar in the Carrick thread. Carrick needs a destructive midfielder next to him who get stuck in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its no coincidence that Carrick became fffffffb last season due to the workrate and steel of Tainio and Davids.

Alongside Fletcher? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

i'll be right jacked off if we sign a forward before another midfielder or winger tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like Senna is as much of a 'done deal' as you can get (although no guarantees until he signs), so that's almost certainly your midfielder. I'm with you on needing a winger ahead of a striker though.

All that is on the assumption you mean 'instead of' when you say 'before'.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

why would we do that? Just because he's playing well?

Thats the whole point of sending him to Rangers. To help him improve his game. If he does well for a season there, it'll do his confidence and game no end of good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just checking in case we had an injury crisis.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Saha probably just behind those guys too.

Who'd be next though? Would probably be somebody like O'Shea wouldnt it? Or Maybe Silvestre? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Smith? Richardson? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd forgotten about Smith, i must admit.

Richardson i didnt think would have as many but as he has the same as Silvestre and one more than O'Shea, i wasnt really that far off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

Anyone going the reserves tonight? Should be quite a few there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is it at home?

(tried looking on website but cant find reserve fixtures.) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ye vs Blackburn

I'd like to convert AVI Glazer into a dead man </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd like to convert him to MP3 Glazer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

**** off i dont live in scotland </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aren't there more Scots than english in Carlisle? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

buggered if i know i dont live in carlisle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where do you live then?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

can you please play JOS and play like you did last night against us on the 26th please? Would be appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No chance mate, and you better get ready, cause if we play against you the way we played against Bolton last weekend, you aint got a prayer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Re: The charity match:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> United manager Alex Ferguson has promised to play a full-strength side in the match. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yippee :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i swear, if anyone gets injured in that match icon_mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

lads can you get cramp in your arms from clapping too much? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it's the clapping thst's yourproblem, gonch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what mark said.

I'm trying to get over the fact that you need two arms. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

honestly, thats the only reason i can think as to why i could barely move my arms yesterday. the united calypso went on for ages, i just kept clapping and clapping icon_biggrin.gif

i will write my full analysis of events later for anyone that is interested. probably.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Oh and to people talking about UEFA coming up with a replay option after the free kick, its never going to happen. Whilst I could see UEFA being blind to the actions of the French Police and maybe even to safety concerns over the Lens stadium, the talks today are to discuss Lille's actions after the goal. Whilst the freekick itself will be brought up not even Platini will demand a replay. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was in The Sun, nuff said.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

park was ****ing awesome you clowns icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i mean that relatively ofc.

i know he did his usual every time he got anywhere near the opposing 18 yard box.

That would leave us ridiculously short of experience at centre back. Silvestre can gtf, but Wes should be 1st choice as back up centre back in case Vidic or Rio get an injury. Otherwise we're left with Heinze, who has never convinced me he could cut it as a premiership CB, O'Shea (enough said), and the two kids who are untried at this level (i believe Pique is generally playing centre mid in Spain?). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i wouldn't sell silvertire either tbh. chelsea proof this season of the dangers of only carrying three centre backs - although we have more players that are capable of playing there if needed than chelsea do tbf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was working on the premise of Pique being good enough to step up to the main squad, so that's 4. And like you said, with players like Heinze who can also play there, that should be enough cover.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Jimlad, got a spare for the replay if you want it? WT2 next to me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry for not replying yesterday Mart, literally went to watch 24 & Lost after that post & didn't see it til now.

Appreciate the offer by the way but I've decided its too much hassle getting back and forth from Manchester that Monday night so I'm going to skip it & save myself some £££.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Also the huntelaar thing isn't a bandwagon at all (if it is I started it \0/) , it's to do with him being an 800 goal master league machine for me on Pro Evo 6.

I also rate him irl, just seems that spackers like phil and matt cav keep asking me how huntelaar is in every thread trying to make out I mention him all the time icon_confused.gif

Phil though (L) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

simply wondering how often you've seen him play

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Dear Mr Martin Sheehan,

Man United V Manchester United FC

Goodison Park, 28/04/2007

Kick Off 12:45

Thank you for your application for the Everton away game. As we were over subscribed a ballot has taken place and unfortunately your application was unsuccessful.

Thank you for your continued support which is very much appreciated.

Regards

Ticket & Membership Services </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just one small problem....

oh and the loyalty pot thing isn't true

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Anyone worried about Fletchers future if we sign hargs, hargs seems to be really the same all energy performances as fletcher has been given us at a high level recently. really wouldnt want to waste £20mill on hargs as we have our own little terrier in dazzle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i've been saying for a while (louder since Fletch has turned in a couple of storming performances in Europe) that i don't see the point in paying a ridiculous fee for Hargreaves when a) we have Fletch who's not too far off him in quality terms and is younger, and b) we have other areas that need addressing and limited funds to work with.

if money was no object i'd still bring OH in, i think Fletch is versatile enough to still get plenty of games in either central midfield role or as part of a three.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

everton wanted it sorting ffs?! what are we a charity case? should have let them squirm, let the window open and squeezed out more money, to be spent on tevez or some other future king </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Timmeh wanted it sorted, I think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dutch Dave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

i'd be quite excited by that if it wasn't Martin Ferguson. as it is, we'll probably end up with the opposition keeper </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Heerenveen keeper got a red card, so I highly doubt it. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

never underestimate just how useless Martin Ferguson is icon_biggrin.gif

yeah, definitely. gonna try going down the temp route i think. been out for a drink with my sister tonight and she said she'd lend me a couple of hundred towards next season's ST if i get some kind of work by the renewal deadline \O/

she's younger than me, i really should be more embarrassed about that than i am.

Archived