The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'll do well for you. He's got the potential to make it at Premiership level - he's very quick, very strong and a decent finisher. He broke a leg season before last just when him and Rossi were on absolute fire for the reserves, and that knocked him back down the pecking order a bit and ended his chances of really making it with us, but he's definitely got the ability to cut it in the Championship.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Jordan:

it's not my fault I'm extremely intelligent icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bet you're stamping your feet right now aren't you, you little cutie :*)

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richard Tappenden:

I think Carrick will do well for us - we have to ignore the ridiculous fee. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In your supposed financial position, you can't.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Most people here love Cole but I'm fairly 'meh'.

But nothing he could have done would have made me get over Upton Park. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What did he do at Upton Park? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing. That horrible horrible day in May 1995 when all we needed was one goal against West Ham, he did absolutely nothing.

And before you all have a go, yes I know he wasn't the only player to miss chances that day but he wasted more than others. And my broken 12 year old still hasn't mended. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

You can buy me a pork and stuffing burger as thanks icon_cool.gif

Which Argie top Eddie? home or away? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Home. With the World Cup Flash on teh arm. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stands out much better than the away one. \o/

oh ffs, I'm totally unsure what to do.

Celtic might be hard to get tickets for, would deffo go.

Benfica, too soon, no way I can afford it, maybe.

Copenhagen, reading on RI that every man and his dog will try and get tickets, all the Scandanavian reds, then you have £5 a pint beer etc etc.

I'm just going to save up for the knockout stages, add to that I only have 9 holidays to use before March IIRC

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Never interested in Tevez, were offered Mascherano twice, Fergie wasn't interested both times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that sounds funny.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Very tempted to edit it icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

leave it alone otherwise silvestre's will be edited too

in fact i could do with a laugh i wonder what his says about him

Good timing Taz, I was just updating them - erm, they're pretty much identical, I have Rooney on 2 and I haven't got an assist for JOS (which was that), but I've not seen a replay of the third goal to know who to give that to (Rooney I think?).

• 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

I’m still neutral, I haven’t seen a dip in the club as yet, so I am still not a hater. But SSN saying they have been a success because we won the Carling Cup is utter ****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you haven't seen a dip? what about the summer transfer activity?

oh yeah, we 'splashed out' on Carrick, my bad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much has Fergie bidded on Hargreaves? Torres? We'll see what happens in January, if nobody arrives then icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

Do you guys have the option of recalling Rossi? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's back at Christmas if I remember correctly. But I think Newcastle have the option to extend it if they want.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

not surprised, with that lineup its almost certainly 2 or 3 points dropped imo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs don't say that i backed your lot to win in my treble

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

i think oshea is a really popular member of the squad. loads of players that leave always seem to say that theyre still in contact with him (sheasy this, sheasy that) so ive decided hes brought on to tell the lads a few jokes and keep spirits high.

wp jos, unsung hero. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that's what he's in for, maybe we should go the whole hog and hire the real Peter Kay?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

My dad wants to do the stadium/museum tour tomorrow, I can do the FM pic in the dugout \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry mate, they don't allow you to sit on the new "sponsored by AUDI" seats. They are real leather and have heating.When I was on the tour in November (portsmouth home) we weren't allowed. Or they must have changed the policy.

• 2 weeks later...

Matchgoers that haven't been to the wall, in other words SCUM

Young Jimlad

emmyoueffcee

weststandred

Gonch19

Anyone else? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fred_the_Red?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Anyone planning on going to the replay? If we get a good allocation it'll be easy enough to get tickets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, then again I was chubbed for Fulham so you never know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud >> cantona </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you were nearby, i'd slap you so hard right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Sheff Utd ticket just arrived icon14.gif

Downside is that it'll probably be my final game of the season given the likely mass demand for West Ham tickets, pretty much zero chance of a FA Cup Semi or Final ticket (if we get there), and a similar scenario as far as Europe goes as well icon_frown.gif.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

Giggs 4?

well it's true though i don't know who assited as i usually was too distracted by the awsome goals and scoreline icon_biggrin.gif

Did Heinze get 1 or 2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

None.

Carrick, Smudge, Rooney, Ronnie, Ronnie, Carrick and Evra. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was Heinze who passed to Carrick for his 2nd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ment assists icon_biggrin.gif Don't think Giggs got 4.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Herman Bloom:

Did I mis-hear, or did Fergie say that KR was subbed at HT due to injury?

Every cloud and all that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Urgh seriously?

So, how many injuries do we have now then?

Gaz, Rio, Vida, Paddy, Silvestre, Park, Richardson, Saha? That's all of them i think.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes but ultimately the only teams to win the CL and the league was Barca and Porto.

However Porto had the title assured with around 5-6 games before the end so that argument drops.

Real Madrid never did it. They either won the league or the CL but not both in the same year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

could ****ing swear i just did this convo.

i need sleep.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived