The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Can't really see two United-class wingers able to come in this summer. May well be time to give Martin (not BBB) a chance to break into the team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We could try Button icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

If Cronnie can go through 4 consecutive domestic games without doing the following, i'll fellate him right nice:

1) going down at the slightest touch/diving/imaginary cards

2) looking up at the heavens raising his arms after the ref turns him down

3) looking like he's about to cry

4) his crosses consistently beat the first man

5) failure to acquire testes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You dont want him to beat the fist man and you dont want him to grow balls? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd love 4 to happen, curiously nonchalant to 5 icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I'm up for a bit of false hope at the moment so I'll go along with it icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

Has Scholes definitely come out of International retirement? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I don't mind buying things from sponsors, boycotting them is something that I don't agree with and I've not considering doing that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is it much different from boycotting products sold directly by United? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well firstly I don't actively boycott United products, really they just don't have anything that I'd buy anyway. But if I could avoid it I probably would.

As for the difference between United and their sponsors, personally I think that it's very different, I don't see why I should boycott Pepsi just because they happened to sponsor the club when the Glazer's took over. I just don't see why I should. Plus I like Pepsi icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timmy Howard:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Jones injury not serious

David Jones was not seriously injured in an awkward fall during United's pre-season friendly victory over Macclesfield Town on Monday.

The 21-year-old midfielder, who is looking to make an impact in United's first team this season after spending last year out on loan, was substituted during the 2-1 victory at Moss Rose and taken to hospital to have the injury assessed.

But the club have confirmed the Southport-born midfielder will not be out of action for long.

A club spokesperson told ManUtd.com: "The injury is not serious and there was no break. David fell awkwardly and has a bruised elbow." </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YAS icon_mad.gif

'mon the Jonah

bit more on Pique, Glazers milking all they can get and something on Senna

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The Liga side will be financially penalised if they do not play the Red Devils starlet in at least 20 games, so the deal has worked out well for both sides.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Villarreal coach Manuel Pellegrini has admitted that Marcos Senna is edging closer to a move to Manchester United.

The Spain international is one of Sir Alex Ferguson's targets after securing the services of Tottenham star Michael Carrick for an initial fee of £14 million.

Although the Brazil-born midfield battler is happy to remain with the Yellow Submarines, the two clubs are close to agreeing a deal.

"On the subject of Marcos, nothing is 100 percent defined," explained Pellegrini to Marca.

"I understand that this is a great opportunity for him but, for us, it is going to be a very important loss football-wise if it ends up going through.

"If he leaves, I'd be delighted for him but would be sorry for the team."

United boss Ferguson has confirmed he is hoping to make more moves in the transfer market before the window slams shut at the end of August

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Can't actually believe the extent to which people are over-rating Steele and McShane. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

People? Only gonch in here.

Good result last night, though I am going to be the only one here saying this, I thought that the only thing Flech did last night was score the goal and that just wasn't enough to convince me that he should be in the team. In the first half he just looked in the same league as Silvestre, which is bascially not the level we should be playing.

Anyway enough of the bad stuff.

Ole :*) I was so happy for him to get the goal and I think that it probably came at the exact right time for him with the 'bigger' games approaching. Saha was just superb and is really handling the 'up front on his own' thing really well. The defence was slightly shaky too, but my belief is that this is down to Sivestre playing as it was the exact same on Sunday when he came on.

MOTM: Saha

Runner Up: Giggs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Excuse my lack of knowledge about this England related set of questions but they aren't my country so I don't make it a priority:

Is there a midweek international game that England are playing at home or is their first game next weekend?

Are they playing that fixture at OT?

If they're not playing until next weekend BUT are training in Manchester one would assume that Carrington's in use & therefore Hargreaves is going to be hanging around anyway...

Still not going to pass judgement or anything until he's signed, sealed and delivered as part of the squad. Although I'm starting to think that BBB is going to get his custom status... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm English and I completely ignore it all so don't worry.

And I too will belive it when I see it, not a second before. As it stands John O'Shea is in our midfield, we will not win a thing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Look I can't speak for Ryans sanity (he is happy living in Stockport) but I think me and Acou are both of the same mind when we don't want to introduce friends/family to a bunch of internet randoms. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly :*)

I know you're excited to see me and hear some in the flesh quoting BBB, but you must be patient.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

gonch for 06 now i think, lets make it happen </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aw shucks :**)

im gutted for taz btw

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Quick question.

If we won the league and the Glazer twats came onto the pitch and held the trophy above their heads, would you cheer them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they wouldn't dare </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

he's said so on the board </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK. Not having a go like, just wasn't made clear in your post.

On the subject of Villa, I may be able to lay my hands on some home stand tickets if anyone's interested...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Such an outcome would also appeal to their parents, Neville and Jill, who will be the proudest people in the crowd, but with the title race in full swing, it is fair to assume that Gary would be less willing to play happy families.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you kidding me? Is the father's name Neville Neville?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

and people think we're going to push chelsea all the way icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome to my world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahem </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok our world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thank you

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know if its already been posted; I tried to check but couldn't see it.

Apologies if it has.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has been named as the most powerful pensioner in the world.

Sir Alex, who is 65 on Sunday, pipped the Dalai Lama and Nelson Mandela to win the title.

Second on the list was the 80-year-old environmentalist and wildlife presenter David Attenborough.

The Queen and Formula One racing chief Bernie Ecclestone, 76, also featured in the top five in the survey of professionals compiled by Virgin Money.

Pele, Sir Bobby Charlton, Terry Wogan and feminist and academic Germaine Greer are named in the list.

Rupert Murdoch is put ahead of fashion designers Vivienne Westwood, Ralph Lauren and broadcaster Trevor MacDonald.

Gordon Lishman, director general of Age Concern said: "This report highlights just a few of the many successful older people in the world and shows that later life really doesn't have to be a time for pipes and slippers.

"Older people have a vast amount to contribute to society and should be able to continue working well into their older age if they want to."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, and I think I'd rather lose the cup game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have us winning the title with 84pts, from Chelsea just one point behind. Liverpool end up on 76. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Careful, Matt. You'll fall over, mate. icon_wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

random musings: four away games in a row now covering all three competitions - lille, fulham, reading, liverpool - basically season defining? strongest available XI for lille, fulham and liverpool please, minimal tinkering.

also, Vida picked up his 8th domestic booking of the season. two more before the second weekend of april (and i think it's safe to say he'll manage that) and he'll pick up a two game ban - yes, that's right, at some point before the end of the season we're likely to have Mickey at centre-back for two consecutive games. nightmare /O\*

*well, ok, it'll probably be Wes

• 2 weeks later...

Being excited about the result is great, we all were earlier. Getting carried away and lording it around like we're champions already, no. Not saying that anyone is in particular here (apart from Scatter but he's allowed for being a Fletch-lover), anyway really, but we have won nothing yet, celebrations or thoughts of anything beyond our 3pts today are now well out of the way.

In fact now the hysteria has worn off, my mind is already switching to Wednesday actually. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

well, tbf to me, i've at least been consistent about it. i've maintained that we'll win the league this season for ages. it's not like this one result has made me start singing a different tune.

and if i can be superstitious for a second - i don't want any of you to change from your current 'stereotype' until the league is mathematically in the bag please. not least because some of you are right to be cautious. it provides some balance in any discussion (how dull would this thread be if everyone was just perpetual giddyness). so mika and ant can just continue being pessimistic (realistic.... heh icon_biggrin.gif ), james and morgs can keep trying to be pragmatic, mark can carry on being old and wrong about giggs with his richardson love icon_mad.gif , jim can carry on writing posts longer than any thesis i ever did at uni, keyser can carry on being angry and condescending to us when we feck up, mart can keep being mart <3, carter, myself and gonch will keep being giddy... it's all good baby! icon_biggrin.gif

i will add... when the point differential is roughly equal to the number of games remaining (for both teams), the likelihood of the leaders being caught is quite slim.

I don't see any of the teams below City catching them to be honest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh I don't see City picking up many points between now and the end of the season, they have such a bad run in compared to Charlton.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

usefulness declined? 11 goals suggests otherwise old-timer icon_mad.gif

i'd start Smudger alongside Rooney fwiw. even if we go 451, stick him in midfield and just get him to crunch Totti </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its gona be 4-5-1. can't see Smithy starting. He would be my choice though, up front with Rooney.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nathan mufc fan:

Breaking news on SSN: We've agreed a fee to sign Anderson from Porto icon_eek.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you kidding? Is this a joke? Its ****ing brilliant if it isn't... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To quote Mr. Burns...Excellent...

dwight yorke the most shocking in recent years, was so out of the blue. i remember reading it on teletext and then going into my garden, scoring goals in an empty net and mimicking yorke's running jump and point celebration icon_cool.gif

veron probably the giddiest ive ever been because at the time he was genuinely world class, never worked out though icon_frown.gif

interesting that this anderson character is costing the same amount the real ronaldinho cost barca. hope he's good.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived