The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

He's a non-manc icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He used to live in Manchester though didn't he? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll just let the two of you continue to talk about me icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Everyone should be jet-setting to Amsterdam. You'll get to see Mart sing and then probably be hilariously sick over a hooker, you'd be mad to miss it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would be coming but rubbish paying part time job + moving into new house today = no money icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

While i defended Ronaldo after the England game and still stand by him for that if these reports of him giving an interview after the game saying he does want to leave and will decide his future after the world cup are true then he can **** right off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heartbroken no doubt :*(((((((

come the **** on madrid

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goof:

Could any of Rossi, Solskjaer, David Jones or other reserve/youth team members do a decent job in adding depth to the first team squad? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

... i think you still need a replacement for RvN tbh - Rossi needs some games for sure of may as well go on loan somewhere to keep his sharpness, etc

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mrgrapefruits:

Having wrote down the first teams and subs bench of the big 4 we have got enough depth just not enough quality. We're certainly stronger than Liverpool and Arsenal on paper.

I just think we need two more signings, realistically I'd like those to be Hargreaves and Ibrahimovic.

I think we need to sign a Ruud replacement. Saha has never done a full season for us, Solskajer could be immense, he could break down, Smithy's coming back not just from a leg break but going in to a position he hasn't played in over a year, and Rossi is still unproven at this level. It's too much of a risk upfront.

Realistically if we could get hargreaves for bwtween £6 and £8 million, and Ibrahimovic for somewhere between £12 and £17 mil that'd be about right.

I mean even if we only got £10 million Ruud add that to the £12 million for Mikel (cheers chelsea for paying for Carrick icon14.gif ) We still haven't even touched our supposed £25 million transfer budget Uncle Malc is supposed to have set aside each year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The money bought in from sales may not go straight back in to a transfer budget. It could stick at the same amount and the sales just go into the club for all we know.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

inbred you say? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No i'm not in with you guys (although would be a better atmosphere where you guys are than in the North Stand). I meant that they have been sent out in the post from the Ticket office at OT, because I got mine yesterday.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I was in E332 icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Figured from the pics! icon_biggrin.gif

Down on row 6 though icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

28 here, nice enough view though.

The couple at the back singing the Michael Sheilds song constantly, thought it was Mart icon_biggrin.gif

Ronaldo's reception when his name was read out and Ole's introduction easily the loudest parts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye the first couple of lines kept filtering down but then it sorta tailed off.

Agree with you about the loudest parts btw.

• 2 weeks later...

I was actually born in Sarf London but moved up to sunny Stockport at the age of 2. My dad never really followed football. Enjoyed watching it but didn't support a team.

So basically it came down to the primary school I was at. I had to choose a club and the majority supported Man Utd. So I became the proverbial sheep and followed.

The first season that I can really remember was 93/94 with us beating chelsea 4-0 in the FA cup final.

Keef change of plans, i couldnt get the tickets sent to you straight from the exchance service for what ever reasons. So instead of messing about to get my brother to send them as im out of the country ive arranged for the ticket to be collected from the Ticket Office on the day if thats ok with you. Will save some hastle this end.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

why even bother mentioning him </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because it's someone who addresses the glaring hole in the team, while not requiring him to later answer questions about why we haven't tried to get him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

touche

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

you muppets still banging on about the numbers theory when the two main flaws in the argument are king and queen of this very thread? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm working on a variant which says the last character of their username has to be a number. Holds up generally alright I think.

ACou's still fecked though, but there have to be casualties... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So's Nick, don't forget. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only because he's now not deemed worthy of a ?

Alright, maybe 'last character of their username is an integer' or something. Although I realise that if I go too far down this road I'll end up as alilaw4566157198.

Vidic is amazy. Group of us around where I sit just eulogising about him today during a break in play. Wes so unfortunate icon_biggrin.gif

erm, MOM: Scholes, 2nd: Paddy Evraaaaaaaaaaaa

Paddy's every bit as immense as Vida atm I reckon, he's winning headers someone of his height has no right too, he complements the team so well going forward and defensively he goes from strength to strength

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

mark on the other fans hating him i should have go on to say to the extent of wanting him dead, badly hurt in a tackle and out of the country. Thats the bit that baffles me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a comment on the moronic levels that football fans can get to, and on that i agree with you. But that's different to why opposition fans hate him, which i think on his conduct so far is completely understandable, notwithstanding his improvement so far this season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

But i agree i'd rather he not dived at all, that nobody dived but they do and when you have a player like Ronaldo who is brought up to dive to see him making such an effort is great. We can only wait and see if he carries that on or was just doing while there was all that heat on him from the world cup but time will tell. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My worry is exactly as you say, that he's been making this effort because of the vitriol against him reaching new levels, and that if he thinks he's silenced some of the critics he'll just slip back into his old habits, as he's done before when he's looked like he's cleaned up his act.

To be fair to the lad, he's never had spells this long of either form or lack of diving, so we'll see. But even given that, i don't feel it's a reason to let him off when he does cheat. You can forgive players who have one off bad games, because it's not a conscious thing, as long as they're putting in the effort that's unavoidable. But diving is a conscious decision to cheat, so i don't see why we shouldn't call someone for it when we see it.

I also don't buy the cultural argument, about him being brought up to dive. He's been here 3 1/2 years, lets not kid ourselves that he's not had enough time to stamp it out if he'd wanted to.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

And the second half of last season i thought he was consistently good, he wasnt close to the standards set this season but i think we can say it was a good end to the season in which he found some consistency but of course he cant be brilliant everygame. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll have to agree to differ on that. He was certainly better in the second half of the season, but that wouldn't have been hard. And he had a couple of runs where he was brilliant, but i don't think they were long enough to give the term consistent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

what's that quote about being able to take the despair, it's the hope i can't stand? i think that rings true for a lot of people atm </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good reminder actually, I was going to have that as my location.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wilbie:

i take it larrsson will be starting at lille then? would rather saha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

would rather saha?! i'd rather have bellion upfront atm than saha. complete waste of space

• 2 weeks later...

he has the potential to be. very quick, leads the line well, better finisher than Saha, he's a goalscorer who fits into our style of play. it'd be a gamble in terms of whether he can graduate from big fish/small pond territory to our level, and with him being english probably an expensive one, but his age is a big plus and you remove any uncertain about suitability to the premiership that there might be with Torres/Villa/Huntelaar.

if Charlton go down and we can get him cheap-ish (in relative terms), i'd be very happy to see us get him.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

Who has gone?

James and BBB is about all i know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

plus Coldberg and Razor Eddie </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if they're together Eddie'll keep em safe.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

Except against Boro when he kept trying that long-range pass but it just wasn't coming off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well his first long range pass worked icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Cavanagh:

The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian, Sunday Mirror)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Running Total: 5

Predicted Final Total

Irish - 170

James07? - 112

bling - 102

pjburrage 99

WSR - 95

theis - 92

alilaw - 89

Nezell - 87

14AlanSmithifb 85

Hero of the day - 83

vanester 82

T!mbo - 80

BBB - 79

gonch19 - 78

Bagpuss 77

Pickles - 74

julesMUFC - 71

ajw2255 - 70

Nick OGS20 - 68

Maverick 64

davidbowie 63

Ryno - 62

ACou2000 - 60

Gregg Carter 59

Jimlad - 56

ericcantona7 - 55

Matt Cavanagh - 54

mark g 52

keyser - 50

player_65 - 46

SLO_Fila 43

Taz Devil - 41

Saha - 39

The_Fish - 37

finneys13 - 36

Master Blasta - 32

EmmYouEffSee - 29

RedBlood - 26

qwerty2k - 17

Razor Eddie 16

? - 15 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

added myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

Jonny too busy bumming dwarves for gold or whatever you do on that weird game icon_frown.gif

Keith, Alex, you both said you'd vote today, you haven't, DO IT FFS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dwarves are Alliance & I am Horde. Do you know nothing?!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived