The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

TO an utter joke still btw, took half an hour for me to be seen, just one person there.

shambles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i told you on saturday that would be why they were talking about struggling to get tickets out. It's not demand, it's that they've sacked nearly everyone to save money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nowt like listening to the CL 99 commentary over and over while being on hold icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ajeet:

Today, through the post, received details of the new kit, in the style of a broadsheet newspaper. The envelope has "be the first" on it...

Interesting, I haven't bought anything from the Megastore for years, nice to see they still remembered me!

Although I don't really buy football shirts anymore, I have to say I like this new top, it's simple yet effective, very nice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got that a couple of days ago. Never bought from the megastore, so it must be another way they got my details. The website maybe?

They want 20 million for Carrick, that is ridiculous. It's just stupid trying to buy English players. With with whole scandal in Italy and so many players on sale Fergie is still trying to sign Carrick.

Lets just hope we get Hargreaves in the Ruud deal.

Hugely impressive and mature performance from all of the players really, only a goal from Rossi would've made it a better experince. Nice to see Scholesy on the score sheet. Very impressed with Martin, some of his balls in were >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ronaldo's. Jonny Evans looks like a great player, Dazzle played well(you know your opposition are w*nk when that happens), Kieran was typically icon_cool.gif and just a shame Jonah couldnt get more of a game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

christ almighty, what is it at the minute with complete randoms coming in offering their expert analysis of our situation? at least this go-go chap seems fairly clued-up - razzler just veering between moronic and dull and i don't even need to say anything about joe ****ing cole.

re: RvN - it's not confirmed, calm down. we rejected £12m from Bayern did we not? why would we then accept £10.3m from Real? don't get me wrong, wouldn't particularly surprise me but it makes no sense, and fergie seems to be saying Real's new bid isn't enough, so it's still up in the air as far as i can see.

oh, and this:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Is it me or does a day not go by when Fletcher doesnt have something to say? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's just you, you massive massive plum. i'm sure he was hardly straining at the leash to undergo the john barnes interview treatment - he's one of the senior players in the team tonight, think about it. sweet jesus </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're so knowledgeable, Nicky icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

I can't belive some of you are calling Smith a failure, at the start of his first season, he single handledly won us so many points (Balckburn away, Middlesbrough home for example). He has shown wondeful determination and whilst still not a "First teamer" an indispensible part of the squad, especially now that Ruud has left. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which is why i said 'Jury still out'. Just because you don't think someone is an unqualified success yet, doesn't automatically make them a failure, there is a grey area in between.

And however you look at it, £7m is quite a bit to pay for a reserve.

LutonNil is the old man of the thread now. I don't know how old he is, but he said he'd been supporting us since 1973.

And even if we don't count him, Keysers got the body of a pensioner (and i don't mean in the cellar). So basically either way i'm off the hook.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

So you think he's here long-term? Can't see it myself. There's always going to be a desire to play in Spain I reckon, and the only thing that could stave that off would be prolonged success for us, in terms of league titles and european cups, which I just don't see happening.

That's before we even begin to take the club's financial situation into account. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's no logical reason for me disagreeing, i just feel like something's changed, and i've suddenly lost all respect for your opinion.

Sorry icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I think Ronaldo will do well, last season he had personal circumstances that could explain his poor form, but this season there are no excuses, he has to deliver. And personally, I think he will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the whole world against him will actually probably benefit him (and us). means he'll be less likely to try the ******** like juggling just outside our own penalty area or anything else crazy because everything bad he does will be greeted with joy in the stands. means he'll focus more on being effective so he can prove a point. could well be the making of the guy at united (before he leaves in 2 years).

• 2 weeks later...

Arrg! Too many players...

10. Scholes

-9. Cantona

-8. Kanchelskis

-7. Keane

-6. Schmeichel

-5. van Nistelrooy

-4. Solskjaer

-3. Hughes

-2. Veron

-1. Irwin

Might amend this slightly later. Have to have a bit more of a think whether I want Becks, Giggs, Robbo, Pally & GNev involved.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shostfrock:

How does it feel to know your club won't win another premiership for atleast 10 more years? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

go away you boring troll

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Van Lampard:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">don't care? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ive had enough of you BBB why dont you just shutup? You're in denial mate you said Hargreaves would come and he didnt get over it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as Nick won't be up for another 5-6 hours, i'll say it. Ronaldo right, Jones left?

realistically, and also unfortunately, i'm worried that we might see Fletcher nominally on the right in a few big games this season. Not neccessarily just because of the lack of wingers, but also because Fergie may feel that a Carrick - Scholes central midfield needs the added protection of Fletcher tucking in to make a three when we lose posession.

On Carrick last night, i think you saw his typical game. Does everything OK, gets stuck in a bit, doesn't give away much posession, will spray two or three great passes around, but never quite stamps his authority on the game, or takes it by the scruff of the neck. It's still something he has time to acquire, but we shall have to see.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

In relation to the free for students - you need to produce an NUS card at the ticket office area so they can issue you with a voucher to take to the turnstile.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are allowing valid student ID as well as NUS now

• 4 weeks later...

I like to have some faith but it's just been extinguished.

I'm willing to bet this kid has all the shirts, all the programmes, walks into OT with his megawhore bag full, buys a coke and a bag of crisps AND takes pictures all game icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

Mart's buggered up with his contact, yeah icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

some thing like that

Mart was expecting to be able to get him a chelsea ticket and get hold of the 2 villa away tickets in exchange.

The contact however expected the chelsea ticket as a favour for all the tickets he has gotten mart.

mart therefore claimed to be doing the decent thing to me by giving the chelsea ticket and not having vila in return. He said his contact was royally ****ed off at him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stephen Wilson:

If so called 'real' United fans wanted tickets, surely they would be able to get them before Celtic fans from Glasgow/Dublin/wherever could?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You would feckin' think so, wouldn't you ?But what do we see ?

Celtic fans and busloads of Irish kids, innit ? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

The last few months have made me so bitter re: tickets </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you a member of your local supporters branch, Ant ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No actually..

Though I'll probably be in a different place again next year so probably not worth it now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hairwad:

Yeah one of those half time charity things - not even sure if he was meant to have a go, he just kind of ran up at the end and with a little backspin effortlessly hit the bar icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He won the Charity Man Utd Poker on MUTV and he gambled the £2,500 he won to see if he could get another £5,000 for charity by hitting the bar from the 18 yard line.

Take it this was for that so well played May, he comes across as such a top bloke. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye, that was it. think they'd given up hope on anyone hitting the bar and then he randomly just dinks one and hits it icon_cool.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Ronnie has to pick up a yellow in the first leg if he doesn't i wouldn't play him in the second leg unless we are losing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd have the same instinct tbqh. Really we need to cut Milan to ribbons at OT and then keep them at arms length at the San Siro.

Won't work out like that of course but it'd be nice if it did.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by swfcrule4eva:

surely you would have prefered to have won it by beating chelsea next week? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just glad that after months of pressure it's all over icon_cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Archived