The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

It'll be fine, look what was posted on YOU GUESSED IT!

Don't forget, the Glazers promised a kitty of £25 million net per season for transfers when they arrived. In the first season they spent £20.5M on Park, Van der Sar, Vidic and Evra, but received £6M for P Neville & Kleberson, so there's still £10.5 million left over from last season's budget (supposedly). Add the £12M we got for Obi Wan Kenobi Mikel. And the £25 million budget for this season. And the anticipated £25 million we'll get for Ronaldo.

Basically the Glazers should be spending £73 million this summer on bringing players in just to match the spending levels they promised when they arrived, not to actually give us anything beyond that. Don't hold your ****ing breath, though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> *drools in anticipation*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Tenner says shanyi's parents have gone out for the evening and the babysitter's let him stay up late :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and he's found the box of Wine Gums.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

ffs, he's one of the few people i talk to on msn every day. Its not like i'm being totally serious. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only because Mart blocked you icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Coleman gets giddy over suspensions

Saturday, August 19, 2006

"We were in Germany when they got sent off and when we heard the news our minds were racing because at the time Rio Ferdinand wasn't fit."

"I thought it was too good to be true and I was right. It's a strange situation. The season starts at the weekend and it's strange they will play the first game but miss the next three." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Giggs proving mark g INCREDIBLY wrong

I'd probably kill myself if we sold Giggs and Fergie came out to explain it.. "well it was either him or Richardson" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blame Mika, it was him who said we had to sell 5 players icon_biggrin.gif

And he was pretty good in the first two games, which were against FULHAM and CHARLTON. I didn't see today, but even if he was fffffb, it was against WATFORD. Let's wait and see if a) he can do it for more than say a month or two, which apart from the end of last season and a couple of months before he signed his new contract a couple of years ago he hasn't managed for years, and b) if he can do it against some even half decent premiership teams. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dismissing his performances so far just because they haven't been against Chelsea is incredibly harsh. He's been quality. And shown more in these 3 games than Richardson probably has in his whole career? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs, i'm not 'dismissing' them, i just a) don't think the first two were fanstastic, i thought they were pretty good, and b) how can you not judge things in context?

If he's back to somewhere near his best, i'll be made up. I just don't believe 3 games against mediocre opposition are enough to judge that yet, especially given his form over recent years.

MANCHESTER UNITED have made a beat-the-deadline £10million bid to buy David Trezeguet from Juventus.

The French international striker wants a move following the Turin side’s enforced relegation to the Italian Serie B after the match-fixing scandal.

Yesterday Trezeguet’s father — who also acts as his agent — met with Red Devils officials about a possible move before the transfer window closes on Thursday.

Juve president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has privately admitted that United have made a bid for the 28-year-old player.

That is believed to be in the region of £10million, although Juve are said to be demanding £17m.

Old Trafford boss Alex Ferguson has insisted he does not need a striker to replace Dutchman Ruud van Nistelrooy.

But he has long been an admirer of Trezeguet.

The Frenchman had a disappointing World Cup and missed the vital spot-kick in the penalty shoot-out with Italy in the final.

But his past scoring record is impressive.

Last season, he hit 23 goals in 32 Serie A games and six in nine Champions League matches.

He was left out of Juve’s team on Sunday night as they crashed out of the Coppa Italia to Napoli on penalties.

The sticking point could be Juve’s latest appeal against their relegation, which is due to be heard today.

If they are reinstated to Serie A, they will want to hold on to Trezeguet.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I think it would be stupid to let Pique go. Hes what, 8 years or so younger than Rio? Hes a ready made replacement who should come back to be #4 centre back. To sell someone of his talent would be daft. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well we let Bardsley go while Neville was injured and ended up, and still are, with no cover for the right back position.

I wouldn't be surprised for Piquet to remain in spain after the season loan which is shambles really since he did very well as a right back as well icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Oh for christs sake Boyle has decided to stop his Boyle Bus because of some racist ***** on Saturday.

How the **** am I meant to get to aways now icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

racist **** united fans? explain more </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Singing that Henry song

I've heard it sung before icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what henry song?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Cristiano Ronaldo basically unplayable at times. Honest to god, and with no hyperbole, he could be the best player in the world very, very soon.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he's some way off. Running with the ball he is the best, but the best player in the world has to choose the best option of when to pass or shoot in order to maximise his team's chances and he has a lot to learn. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he's improved dramatically decision making wise. He's almost ALWAYS our most credible attacking threat - and in a team with Rooney Saha and Giggs that's saying a lot. Obviously it's got to be over a sustained enough period, but seriously if he kept up the form he's in at the moment til the end of the year, you'd place him in the top 2 or 3.

Scholes suspended after an inevitable yellow icon_frown.gif

Just saw an interview with Huntelaar.

When the interviewer asked what his foreign dream clubs were he mentioned Man Utd first... then Barcelona, Milan and Real Madrid.

I hope he stays after this season, but we'll see what happens... I give Man Utd the most chance though of all clubs that are following him.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

is it wrong that i still want ruud's babies? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's gone and not coming back. Get over it. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

Chelsea still have to go to Arsenal and if they get a point and we get one at Anfield they cancel one another out. (1 point each from those two away games)

No other real hard trips. Tottenham will roll over like they always do against us there, we're due at City. Maybe Portsmouth a bit tough but the Chelsea game will decide it. I'm actually quite positive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then we trot out at the Bridge 4-5-1.

• 2 weeks later...

Like I care what Big Phil thinks, tell you something, this Ronaldo stuff is FANTASTIC, christ, the way people were talking he'd taken a MONSTER dive which he didn't, either way, today is a fantastic day.

Vidic icon_cool.gif (L)

Evra icon_cool.gif

all our defence ifb </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was zero contact, how little does there have to be for it to be a monster dive?

• 4 weeks later...

richie it assumes the scouse are given special dispensation by the fa for their CRUSHING LAST MINUTE DEFEAT AT THE HANDS OF UNITED LEGEND JOHN O'SHEA and are automatically given however many points they need to be level with us. chelsea was a typo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yeah there was never anyone in the box anyway, Ronaldo never had an outlet, and he rarely got the ball, which you could partly put down to his positional play but I wouldn't really. The only thing I'd criticise is that sometimes he didn't track back when he should've, but he was obviously too tired and has been for a few weeks. We desperately need another winger, not just to rest Giggs, but ronaldo too, god park better be fit for next season.

United Thread Worst User. don't take it to heart lads icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Weststandred

Pickles

Rcjuk

pjburrage

LibLibertine

Gregg Carter

BBB

gonch19

Rage1999

JulesMUFC

Keyser

foobR

Mika

Ryno

billymanutdfan

RedBlood

mark g </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can't say i'd noticed Jonny being particularly bad, although i'd have to qualify that by saying

a)i've not been there for the "in person" stuff, and

b) i probably go too far without realising it myself sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

erm, City at home on February 9th could be interesting... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've got to be kidding...

(I lasted until 10.12 icon14.gif)

Archived