The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Hargreves would cost about £5-6m though. Is carrick really worth double him++? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope, because Hargreaves is better </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

now you're having a deadset laugh. carrick >>>> hargreaves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as a defensie midfielder? No way

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dayle Wood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I like Carrick, just for the record. I'd be happy to see him here and at the moment I don't really care if we get screwed over on fees too much :/ I wouldn't want him as the only transfer though.

I'm also surrounded by Spurs fans at regular intervals so make of that what you will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like him too but the price is off putting especially when the likes of Gattuso is floating about - AND he even wants to come to us! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who gat?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ajeet:

Today, through the post, received details of the new kit, in the style of a broadsheet newspaper. The envelope has "be the first" on it...

Interesting, I haven't bought anything from the Megastore for years, nice to see they still remembered me!

Although I don't really buy football shirts anymore, I have to say I like this new top, it's simple yet effective, very nice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my dad got that. We havent been a member for about 5 years yet they still send us all the stuff about buying new shirts and stuff icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">right from the scandal then. targets???

id say the only realistic ones are vieira, buffon, maybe ibra or bojinov or frey. (toni = inter)

the ones i want are buffon.

the ones we'll get are...none.

instead we'll go for kuscysycsyzk ffs! devilfire </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Frey is a Parma player just on load, so he'll go back there.

Perhaps worth a look at Trezeguet, Camorinese and Cannavaro.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wakeyrocket:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Btw, the flipside to this potential 'Duff to Spurs' move that no-one seems to have mentioned: £10m~ on him, £10.9m on Berbatov, £6-7m on Zokora and talk of further additions - surely that would mean Carrick was off? Either that or they've won the Euromillions and kept it very quiet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't they get a new shirt sponsor which freed money up for summer signings? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well everyone in their thread suggests that they won't need to sell, so... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw we were linked to another bid for Defoe over the weekend-a good player yes but im not sure he is right man to replace Ruud who is 99% of the way out of OT. Defoe is too similar to Rooney imo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nistelrooy_uk_10:

about 4 weeks til the start of the season and still no signings. I really do fear for us this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On page 70 of this thread we will be getting a transfer - I promise you! icon_wink.gif

I'm not full on Fergie out or anything btw, I'm just very annoyed at his handling of the Ruud saga and I'd say generally a fair bit more sceptical than I was 12 months ago. If this season goes better than we all expect, we don't suffer without Ruud and we continue to show progress then all well and good, fair play Fergie. We'll see.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Ronaldo getting a fantastic reception everytime he touches the ball. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

The one thing that'd really have annoyed me was if Ronaldo ended up being given a real excuse to f off by getting booed by our fans.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Didnt do any of that?

And anyway Keano was approximately 35040 x 10^50 times better than Barton </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Barton ever pulls on a United shirt I'll become a feckin' Liverpool supporter.

What a wankstain that arse is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we'd sign his brother though icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

it was a bit hot for the knife / hat / coat combo icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The manic grin on it's own is probably enough to get the attention of the police tbf.

Really enjoyed last night, despite the occasionally shoddy defending (so shoddy that Silvestre looked the pick of the bunch - ouch). Saha shrugged off his awful performance against Tottenham and looked so much brighter and quicker - his movement was miles better last night. I thought Scholesy was bloody fantastic as well - his passing was so consistently good it makes me wish he was a good few years younger. Could possibly have got forward a bit more I suppose, but loved the ginger prince on the whole.

Carrick get's a bit of a 'meh' from me. Couple of eye catching moments, generally kept possession alright, but as Mark alluded to, there's little 'bite'. That's fine on a lot of occasions - probably against most other European teams - when his defensive positioning (which is underrated) makes up for it, but for full blood-and-guts encounters like this we could really do with an enforcer in there. Otherwise we'll be relying on Scholes's two feet tackles, and where will that get us?

Fletcher was good. This displeases me in part, as it may give undue credence to the theory that he is United quality.

For Sunday, I hate to say it but I'd probably broadly go 4-3-3. Except I'd make it a bit lop sided...

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

VDS

Gary Rio Wes Evra

Carrick

Fletcher

Scholes

Ronaldo

Rooney

Saha

</pre>

Sort of thing. Basically something flexible, with Rooney given license to roam. At times he can play off Saha with Fletcher pushed wide (yes, I know he's gash there but what other option do we have?). Other times he can drift wide and (hopefully) Scholes can get forward in his place.

It's all immaterial as we'll lose anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

I might go too, free for students and im in manchester all weekend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How do you know that? Couldn't see that on the ticket details on the website.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Saha imo as if he hadn't headed the ball VDS may have kept it out.

Personally I think its no-ones fault just a great leap by Carvalho.

Carrick with his best game in a United shirt today. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah i think the bastard just got the perfect leap which Gaby couldn't have blocked unless he was taller. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gaby keeps getting sucked into the centre though. It happened against Celtic the first time they attacked and he left Paul Telfer wide in a huge amount of space.

For me he should've been in there challenging and muscling Carvalho out of the way rather than waiting on the far side for the over hit ball to make the counter attack. Carvalho had the space to take that step forward to get up in the air.

As Mika said. Saha was doing his job and made a bloody good attempt at getting the ball off the line. Even if VdS had got to it it would probably have hit Saha and rebounded in.

Can't really apportion blame on anyone for it though. All players were doing as instructed and it was a good header.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Cronaldo > Rooney

Unfortunately very true. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

very very true. by miles </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

at the moment yes icon_cool.gif. such a monsterous player for us at the moment, 10 goals in the league so far what a hero.

• 4 weeks later...

So basically this transfer window we have had the old 'getting players back from loan, don't need to sign anyone line'. We are now loaning these players back out again & are basically in the same position as we were.

Well actually we have Larsson for 10 weeks, THEN we are back in the position we were.

Guess someone misplaced the key for that warchest we had to spend icon_frown.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Although Ferguson accepts he cannot take the moral high ground given the images of Roy Keane leading the charge of United players at referee Andy D'Urso are still fresh in the mind, he looked upon last weekend's melee at the Millennium Stadium with disdain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fresh in the mind? That was years ago ffs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I mean ffs:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

...all my current thinking just centres on our current players doing the business and winning the title. There's time for nostalgia later - that's what summer's for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on Mika icon14.gif wp.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haha fantastic, after the game in Rome, we'll be kept inside the stadium for NINETY minutes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Generally when they say 10 it ends up as 60 and when they say 90 it becomes 30.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of my fav moments of the season still has to be O'Shea's save when he was in goal. Ferdinand played Keane in, O'Shea rushes out the area and tackles him with Giggs and Rooney laughing on the bench. Class. icon_cool.gif

I don't even care that we were 4-0 up at the time.

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

sunday will be amazy.

btw juni, if about, is there an away pub at or around stamford bridge? fancy heading down there on wednesday </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Slug and Lettuce next to Fulham Broadway station is typically the away pub, not strictly but most seem to end up there

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Gary Nev misses the high 5 after Rooney's goal vs City </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mine. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was awsome tbf icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Nemandja, woah ftw.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

I wondered where Scatter had been. icon_biggrin.gif

Didn't know he'd been banned. What did he get banned for? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In teh cricket world cup thread, he was on a yellow and called someone a numpty or joey or some such mild insult and got banned.

Bit harsh

Archived