The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

and im firmly on the 'not good enough' hargreaves band wagon. if this has been brought up a few weeks back it would have been a page of laughter followed by the odd 'well he cant be THAT sh*t guys, he plays for bayern!'.

a decent game (not half as impressive as some would have you believe) and he's suddenly to the top of our must have list. get to ****. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he is great for Bayern, but then they have a manager who knows where to play him. we do not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

having a dig a Fergie icon_eek.gif or even more shocking if a utd fan means england when he says "we" icon_eek.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

I bet you even missed the Strangeways/Bastille link too icon_frown.gif

Big Club in a Coma </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Death of a Big Club icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Write it in a code so that only we'll be able to decipher it and to everyone else it'll look like 'I've baked some cherry and cream cakes for after tea'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that the reason icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dayle Wood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dayle Wood:

Thats it - enough is enough - I'm putting a Jihad on the Glazers! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what have they done now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just gutted how they are destroying my favorite club - I bet they don't even LIKE football.

They need to be 9/11ed in my opinion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're an idiot and deserve to be banned.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Oh and stfu about injuries Fergie </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he sounds like a man who knows he has to make the best out of what he has, possibly without any major signings. By avoiding "stupid" signings, it means at least he has learned from Djemba and Kleberson. It's better buying nobody than throwing it away on crap.

The injuries remark is just to have something to say really. It doesn't really make any point.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cappo Smiffy:

then rising to £17m/£18m based on achievements </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

last laugh to us then

icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I heard 8m squid too for Van Bommel </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it has been confirmed as being 6 MILLION EUROS ffs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Benjamin

Amos

James James Craig Richard

Derbyshire Chester Cathcart Eckersley

Magnus Daniel Sam Danny

Eikrem Drinkwater Hewson Welbeck

Febian Chris

Brandy Fagan</pre>

That was the team that started the second half, not sure if any subs were used before that. Antonion Bryan came on for Fagan, Kenny Strickland for Eikrem, Matthew James for Drinkwater. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely if you saw three subs come on, there can't have been any earlier?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Bends:

We are unbelievably good at the moment. Long may it continue

Rooney is fb

Fletcher is fb

Everyone except O'Shea is fffffffffffffffffffffb </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So what, we're just not counting Kieran Richardson anymore?

Or the abomination that is David Jones?

On another note, I think Carrick's improving every game. Looked tidy today.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

the roundabout incident could have killed us icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rubbish

it was due to the excess weight on board and the sharpness of the turn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

it was more the 'poor man utd and all their money' type comments that i found patronising, btw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok I take that back icon_smile.gif

But still, give most clubs "only" £25m a year transfer funds as they would be happy icon_wink.gif

According to that times artice interest payments have risen from £20m p/y to £40m

The 2006 re-financing deal took payments down from £90m to £62m (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5190508.stm)

So I'm not sure where £40m has come from, or how they think this has increased from £20m.

The £660m is correct, but we always knew that. icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's arguable that when it comes to the CL and international game that it's the class that has been temporary.

There's a difference between international class and world class and he hasn't crossed it yet imo, not to say that he won't, but there is room for improvement, as you would expect from someone his age.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Gonch praising an ex-player icon_eek.gif

*rage/fume/outrage*

You praise Cantona, I'll praise Ruud, no arguments, no problems \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i praise all ex players you buffoon, i just dont dedicate my life to them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Neither do I?

Jesus Christ.

• 1 month later...

haha was just about to post the same thing myself..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Lille have confirmed they will continue their appeal against Uefa's decision to allow Manchester United's goal to stand in their stormy Champions League clash.

The French club lodged a complaint over Ryan Giggs's quickly taken free-kick but it was rejected by Uefa.

The European governing body will consider their appeal on Friday.

Uefa has also charged Lille with the improper behaviour of their players, who appeared to contemplate leaving the pitch in protest at United's goal.

A Uefa statement said: "Lille had until midnight [on Monday] to file an appeal after the Control and Disciplinary Body rejected the Ligue 1 side's claim that there had been a technical mistake by the referee in allowing Ryan Giggs's match-winning free-kick to be taken without having blown his whistle.

"The Control and Disciplinary Body vetoed the protest on the grounds that there was no proof of a technical error, making the solitary strike of last Tuesday's first knockout round first-leg tie in Lens perfectly valid.

"Uefa's Appeals Body will consider the Lille appeal on Friday.

Giggs's strike was the only goal of the first leg of the last 16 tie, with the second leg taking place on Wednesday 7 March.

In response to Lille's initial appeal Uefa said in a statement: "Having examined the referee's report, the television evidence at hand as well as the laws of the game, the Uefa decided to reject the protest, as there was no proof of a technical error.

"As a result, the body declared that the goal was perfectly valid.

"Furthermore, the control and disciplinary body decided to instigate proceedings against Lille for the improper behaviour of their players immediately after the goal."

But Lille were disappointed by Uefa's decision and said they would be seeking legal advice about whether to take the matter further.

A club statement said: "The feeling of injustice is shared with all of those who love football.

"This decision can be appealed within three days. We will review our options and our chances with our legal advisers and we will make a decision on Monday.

"We regret that Uefa has refused to review the matter."

On an incident-filled evening, United fans were involved in a crush scare in the Stade Felix-Bollaert and Uefa's control and disciplinary body will discuss the safety and security issues on 22 March.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT YOU TW*TS

You know the ideal scenario now actually. They call that first leg a 0-0 draw and then we go and absolutely cream them 6-0.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

We better not get to the FA Cup final as i am running a Marathon in Derbyshire that day icon_frown.gif

Also running another marathon the day after too icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know you're in training but how is that not dangerous for your body? Surely running so much in a short space of time can't be positive for your condition in the long-term?

perfection. post match interview from ronnie has put him into the idol bracket for me. superb on so many levels.

nice to see sky trying to put him into a corner on the penalty and he smugly responded with his own brand of brilliance. pathetic that it brought so much debate as it was the most obvious contact possible to see but just makes me love the lad more to see him create so much ANGER :*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Complete victim of Glazernomics it seems. Looks like the TO will be getting a call tomorrow morning... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats what they want premium rate line

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Fish:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Am i the only one who thinks Everton is the biggest game we have played in years? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.

Tonight clearly much bigger. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Defeat tonight and the treble dream is all but gone. Also tonight the momentum should see you through against Everton.

Defeat against Everton isn't the end of the world. The Chelsea game is going to be HUGE whatever the result at Goodison.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

"We are much better than Manchester United. The difference in points in the Premiership is just a coincidence. It’s just a matter of days before we are the leaders. I have done my calculations and we will finish at least five points clear of United" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not even sure what that means. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's coincidence that we're the better team and we have more points. He thinks even though we've been better that isn't the reason we have more points icon_wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

King Louis :*(

If he goes, surely it's got to be strikers we're talking about bringing in during the summer. Unless you bring Rossi back as Rooney cover, Smith as cover for whoever we bring in and Ole as the occasional impact. Still feels a tad light, mind. Particularly considering our other favourite option (Giggs up top) is, well, a bit rubbish really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it'll be striker singular at best, whether he stays or goes. We definitely need one either way, but we need a winger and a destructive centre mid ahead of a backup striker. And it needs to be a striker rather than a Tevez style creative forward, and preferrably someone with genuine pace and mobility.

I'm struggling to see us getting the three (minimum) players we need this season without taking a chance or two. Given that, and the rumours that Parker wants to leave Newcastle, would anyone take a punt on him to save probably £10m on what we'd pay for Hargeaves?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> BRYAN ROBSON wants to raid former club Manchester United to make Kieran Richardson his first signing as Sheffield United boss.

Robbo has drawn up a list of summer targets as he sets about the task of strengthening the Blades.

The ex-Old Trafford legend could have up to £10million at his disposal if the Blades decide to cash in on Phil Jagielka and Michael Tonge. Robson, who took over from Neil Warnock this week, has put England international Richardson on top of his wanted list.

Advertisement

Robson is a big fan of the 22-year-old and signed him on-loan during his time as West Brom boss. Richardson's arrival helped him inspire the Baggies to a sensational last-day escape from the Premiership drop in 2005.

Richardson has struggled to hold down a regular starting place in Sir Alex Ferguson's side and United could be tempted to sell him if Robson makes a bid of around £3m.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How happy is everyone? icon_biggrin.gif

Archived