The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I'm rather so-so more-or-less thereabouts over it

But at the same time dont really care what we're wearing anyway </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's the crap that'll be filling the shirts we should be worrying about first.

They've had relative success in running American 'franchises' (eurgh) so they obviously had high hopes for an established global team like United.

Thing is, success in American football, with draft systems, wage caps etc, is much more of a cyclical occurrance. You're likely to win stuff if you wait long enough. Not so in football, particularly if you're saddled with debt - a few seasons without success and you're really fcuked. I don't know how fully they understood the game itself, in terms of where we were as a team when they bought us, to be able to guarantee a return on their investment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

R.E. better make it up to another game icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

oh yeah, and Marshy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw that and thought, "WTF ?icon_mad.gif"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

nout important, just a chinwag really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And then I saw that. icon_smile.gif Beer too, I hope icon14.gif

It's a flaming cert, James07? 'Specially if tickets are that easy to get hold of. And cheaper than I expected. And in the Stretty. \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

possibly not sure what im on about here, but remember when foobs did his version of the beeb website? can anyone tell me what he used to do that. i know its something thats older than the sun but i dont know what it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can use MS Word if you want to take an article from there and change it. If that's what you meant?

He may have used MS Front Page.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">GARY NEVILLE gave Cristiano Ronaldo the cold shoulder on his return to training.

Manchester United skipper Neville refused to be part of the jovial atmosphere surrounding Ronaldo’s return to the club’s Carrington training ground on Monday.

But England defender Neville is NOT blanking Ronaldo because of his part in Wayne Rooney’s World Cup sending off.

The fiercely loyal Red is unhappy with Ronaldo for being disloyal to the club.

Ronaldo said twice during the World Cup he wanted to quit Old Trafford.

Since then he has refused to back down from these statements.

He still wants a move to Spain, despite being welcomed back at United despite his World Cup controversy.

Until Ronaldo reasserts his loyalty to United, Neville is expected to continue blanking him.

A source close to Neville said: "This will not be anything to do with the World Cup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

great article, the use of quotes of course means that this is true. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I literally felt like ripping my eyes out when reading the Sun's daily "hate Ronaldo" story today.

So unbelievably fabricated and pathetic. And knowing the majority of the Ingerland population will lap it up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it f**ks me off and I want him to leave.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

That's fair enough icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You see, more evidence of the slide. If you were still worthy of the '?', you'd have seen the possibility of the 'over the hill' retort a mile off there. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">marshy says:

has ronaldo ever taken a good free kick ffs icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\O/

Big deflection tbf, but 2-0 \O/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Yep only heard a couple of anti-Scouse songs to be honest.

Think the lower east tried to get Scholes' song on the go but didn't translate anywhere else obvi. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah true...like I say my main memory was the bloody RED ARMY kid icon_biggrin.gif

Give him a transfer you swine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeh give me a transfer ya shit

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Matt I'm going to rip you forever when I'm proved right.

oh and what acou said </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

'No chance' of Owen United deal

By Mark Buckingham - Created on 29 Aug 2006

Owen Hargreaves' agent claims there is 'no chance' of the Bayern Munich midfielder joining Manchester United before the close of the transfer window.

The Red Devils have been desperately trying to bring the England international to Old Trafford over the past few weeks.

Reports have claimed the Premiership club are willing to splash out £17 million on Hargreaves, having already spent big on bringing Michael Carrick to the club.

Hargreaves has also expressed a desire to join United, but Bayern have been insistent that the Canadian-born player will not be sold.

Bayern's capture of Mark van Bommel from Barcelona refuelled rumours that a deal for Hargreaves could be completed before Thursday's transfer deadline.

But the player's agent Roman Grill concedes it is now highly unlikely that the 25-year-old will be heading to The Premiership this week.

"There is no chance of the deal taking place," Grill told the Daily Star.

"We have to accept there is no way they will allow this transfer to happen.

"We did everything we could to grant Owen his wish to play for United, but his only hope is that, if United remain interested, the deal could happen in the January transfer window or next summer."

Meanwhile, David Trezeguet's Italian agent Ernesto Bronzetti claims the Juventus striker has the option to join The Red Devils.

Reports have suggested the France international's father met United officials at the weekend, although Juve are determined to keep hold of Trezeguet.

Bronzetti said: "I believe there is an option with United." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">we no longer have a bonafide strikeforce that stays fit and gets 50 goals a season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rooney and Saha could get that imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except Saha is more injury prone than Chris Kirkland.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

now miller has gone then krifb is <STRIKE>probably</STRIKE> now the worse player in the squad icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Can we have an age limit of 21 or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we need a maximum age limit too. all you old feckers tottering around the thread spreading your malicious richardson >>>> giggs malarky is likely to have a profound and unbalancing affect on the young uns that do get past the entrance exam... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stop your antipodean ramblings and enjoy a masterclass from our first Chinese superstar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqw2pasORGs&mode=related&search= </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

chinese? help me out here, that's gone over my head

won-ton blackmore?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

City empty stockport when they play afaik

And i dont know of any liverpool fans in stockport </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My mate from Keele Uni was a Scouse fan and he lived in Stockport.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian, Sunday Mirror)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Running Total: 4

Predicted Final Total

Irish - 170

James07? - 112

bling - 102

WSR - 95

alilaw - 89

BBB - 79

gonch19 - 78

Pickles - 74

Nick OGS20 - 68

Jimlad - 56 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just found a times article from yesterday linking us with OH. dunno whether to add the Assulin rumour as well - are we counting foreign papers?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have the club made any announcements about marking the 40th anniversary of the 68 win?

It might be the last major landmark when the majority of the players are still about…and the club will be looking for any excuse to have a nice mid-season friendly.

Archived