The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

ive always said that hargreaves is a good, solid player and his performances in the wc were no surprise to me having seen him play a lot for bayern, but in all honesty he is not going to be the catalyst for a title success or success in europe. he's the closest thing to the next phil neville you could find </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs. Sums up my feelings on Hargreaves.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because without the takeover, what was spent in January wouldn't have impacted on what we had to spend this summer because we spent **** all last summer.

Again, for the ****ing nth time, I reiterate that Fergie isn't blameless...

tbf, every missed transfer is sliding into one, but I thought that during the world cup Jol confirmed we offered £10 million and were rejected then? If so, I can't imagine Fergie's still refering to that, meaning the further rejected bid would be of a higher value.

And I've no worry that we're not pursuing other options in case Carrick doesn't come off. What worries me is the implication that we only want ONE central midfielder, be it Carrick or someone else, whereas most would agree we're in need of at least two.

Unless Scholesy counts as one of course...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ALEX FERGUSON has been accused of claiming Chelsea are ‘hell-bent on ruining football’.

Manchester United’s boss sparked a storm speaking at a fundraising evening on the club’s South African tour.

He agreed to a question-and-answer session, compered by former United player Eddie Lewis.

Asked to comment on Jose Mourinho’s men, Fergie allegedly declared they were ‘hell-bent on ruining football’ and buying too many star names.

The comments were brought to light by leading South African sports commentator Rodney Hartman, one of the 700 guests at Turffontein racecourse.

Hartman insisted: “He was asked what he thought about Chelsea and, in the midst of his answer, said they were ‘hell-bent on ruining football’.

“He also said there was no way his club could match their money, that Chelsea were just buying up players and the chances of them all playing were pretty slim."

Fergie angrily insisted his comments were taken out of context.

He rapped: “It’s unfortunate you cannot go to a dinner these days without someone sneakily reporting everything you say.

“I never at any time said what they do is bad for the game. The question I posed is that if it’s correct they have signed 30 African boys, how are they going to give them all a game? That was my point.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe Alex, you should concentrate on your own club instead of mouthing off about the happenings at Chelsea?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

ruud raped my sister, gave my dad bad aids and stole my gamecube, but it's OK cos he held up the ball reasonably well (twice) against Derby in 2003.

(the above may not be true). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah Derby were in Div 1 then ffs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zaitsev:

I'd just like to point out that this thread title now rules and is utterly correct. Because we all know that "Momo" is an utter abortion of a player. Bloody Kopites. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that abortion of a player Everton wanted to sign, who then dominated you on your own ground icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We only wanted him for a few million with an Italian left-back thrown in. Then you lot came in and bribed him. So ehhh...and ha, dominated us? Nonsense.

Anyway, Moyes continually gives David Weir a contract, I make no claims about his talent spotting.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Most people here love Cole but I'm fairly 'meh'.

But nothing he could have done would have made me get over Upton Park. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What did he do at Upton Park?

Cole was my favourite player during his time at United. I remember one day in my early years, my Dad told me that Cole left United. I was so devastated I tore down every poster on my wall which had Cole on it. Even the posters which had the full squad on it I cut off Cole's face with scissors. Next day my Dad tells me that it turned out he wasn't going - GAAAAARRRGH! Relief and pain at the same time. icon_frown.gificon_biggrin.gif

And /o\ at Scousers noticing my monthly round-up request

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif I hate him so much. I want to invent a time machine and travel back so I can strangle him in his crib as an infant. I'd rip his bloody....GOAL!!!YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif what a strike, son. I will name my firstborn cronaldo w. pigsbladder to honor him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stevie Gerrard, Gerrard, he kisses the badge on his chest, then hands in a transfer request, Stevie Gerrard, Gerrard

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by beffrey:

Tevez and Rooney would surely make the ugliest striking partnership ever. icon_cool.gificon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Liverpool's front 4 would beg to differ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You *****, was just going to say Bellamy/Fowler. And include pictures.

Now I've soiled my interweb history for nowt icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Yeah. Those who already had ST's/LMTB's don't, but anyone who applied for a ST for the first time this season had to agree to sign up for Automatic Cup Scheme which is like a direct debit thing for every home cup game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a joke icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Uh, who foresaw Giggs having as great a season as he's had, then?

Cos I gotta say I didn't expect much more than what he's basically turned in for about 6 years (i.e. standing around with his hands on his hips, not beating the first man with crosses and picking up £80k a week for his efforts)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

It's extremely selfish giving someone a ticket for a game who has no interest in football whatsoever really. Especially when it's so hard to get tickets to watch United away from home.

It's times like this I wish I supported a lesser club as getting tickets would be so much easier icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then i am a selfish monster icon_biggrin.gif

Poor Man Utd and all their money.

And would you really take relegation just to rid of your owners? You're just a bunch of idiots even thinking you would.

You enjoy (and rightly so) Leeds getting relegated to the Championship, but apparently would be very willing for exactly the same to happen to you.

And as Nick said you already have re-financed your loan which results in a smaller intrest payments.

As Jimlad said the way forward is indivudal TV deals, but this was always going to happen long before you ceased to be a PLC.

The way the debt was restructed is that the debt the club/Glazer had is now transfered all to the club, however the club now owes less.

Stop acting all high and mighty about what has happened, yeah it's pretty bad as the chances are much greater now you could end up "doing a Leeds" and risking it all on Champions League qualification for the X # of years and it not happening. That's isn't going to happen, Glazer isn't the devil, and still every team outside the top half of the Premiership would take your financial situation over theirs.

Don't be so patronising towards every other club outside the Premiership icon13.gif

icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">pay for fulham? - i could probably buy them outright </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i bet you've been craven to do that for a while..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

we stayed in the stand so not sure if people were buying stuff, but only saw one to two people come back into the stand with food out of a few thousand so was pretty good i think. quite a few "45 quid your having a laugh" chants.

didnt see any trouble where we were, stewards attempting to put people down rows but soon saw it was going to be impossible as there wasnt enough room.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafParrot:

When do you want me making the thread by lads? Not too early eh, as we don't want it all descending into a big jearm V Mart gougeyoureyesoutfest? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who says your doing the match thread sunshine? I'm going the game so it should be me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

OLE PREPARING FOR SWANSONG SEASON

Norway striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has revealed next season is likely to be his last as a professional footballer.

The 34-year-old has a contract with Manchester United until next summer, but told Norwegian newspaper VG he is unlikely to continue after that.

"No," Solskjaer said when asked if he could see a future beyond next season.

However, he is determined to play out the rest of his career at Old Trafford.

"I'll most likely stay here. I have one year left on my contract and I'm aiming to do as well as possible to carry on," the Norwegian continued.

"I'll have to see how I feel. I could suddenly say enough is enough, but I'll stay here next year in any case."

Solskjaer is in his 11th season with United, but has spent the last few years battling to overcome knee problems.

However, the striker is confident he will still be able to play at Premiership level in the 2007/08 campaign.

"I'm almost certain I'll be better next season. Then I'll have this season behind me after two or three years out," he added.

"I'll be able to play at a higher level."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

really miss the games against them. Well, the games that when we easily beat them. When they were actually pretty good, they were pretty horrible matches.

It is, without doubt the best away game we have. All the hatred of a liverpool match, but somehow more fun too (mainly cos they've bugger all to throw back at us, apart from half bricks).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived