The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

I can only assume West Ham are in there because the West Ham researcher has put us as one of their rivals (they always seem to have been particularly ABU) and the United researcher has bizarrely returned the favour. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not so sure. There was a lot of West Ham hate in the old thread as they got towards the cup final.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So a few of my suggested targets during our quiet pre-season period:

Tomas Kuczczczczczak: £4m is a snip - buy this guy, and we'll play two in net: Suddenly our midfield becomes less of a problem.

Doriva: Proven class. This guy will tear up the reserve league for fun. He's Brazilian.

Duncan Ferguson: Will hold the ball up, nice left peg, and is a danger to other human beings.

Massamasso Tchangai: Togolese centre half, great name = great signing.

Marcus Stewart: He bagged a couple during one Premiership campaign. Get him back, and he will score. Maybe.

Dion Dublin: Old boy, now more versatile than ever. Stick him in midfield Alex!

Mark Pembridge: A MIDFIELDER.

Kevin Lisbie: Scored a hattrick against the scousers a while back.

Other potential bargains: John Moncur, Steve Froggatt, Chris Marsden, Guillem Balague.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

ditchwater? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not heard of that phrase? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it not Dishwater?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Scholes and Rooney can play against Fulham, paperwork hasnt come through yet so any bans would come after that game \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you do realise that if they are banned they would then miss spurs and arsenal at home instead of fulham and charlton? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah just realised. icon_frown.gif

Although i cant see Rooney being banned and Scholes getting worse than a 1 game ban.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Are you one of the many people who don't know their own number? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No icon_biggrin.gif

It's just quicker to get Mart to send it than p*ssing around with emails

• 2 weeks later...

Ok im going to bed cos some of us have to get up at 8 to get to manchester for 5....you do the math. people be early, ill text some of you when im arriving. Mart you only live up the road, keef has beer and food. I owe you a barm i know. come one everton. come one united.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Part III

FINALLY! A MATCH! And a good one at that

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Good start icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

yeah ill take a 5-1 mauling np </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

great start to the season icon14.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

oh my

easy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which is a great excuse to post these again

My photo album from today containing OTFers.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

ahahahahahaha, I wasn't even looking at her arse, that is a BRILLIANT picture icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And James responds to accusations of being Dominik Diamond

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

I'd rather crucify myself than admit to looking like that moron. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He does

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haha, please tell Marshy icon_biggrin.gif

p.s you sound posh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

Oh, and I'm NOT posh icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Carter exposed as a fraud

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Carter, please make up your mind as to who you bloody support. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

are manchester united 'we' or are cardiff 'we'?

It can't be both can it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

News of Smith’s imminent return fuels the good mood further

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

god the news of smudgers return has genuinely made my day. its not been a very exciting day.

COME ONE ALAN </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

COME ONE SMUDGER </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mart’s hope is undiminished

Mart to be right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And 14AlanSmithifb gives us all a good laugh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

While Smith in't a legend alongside the likes of Catnona, Law, Best, Charlton, Sparky and in recent years Rooney. He has shown much more commitment (may not be as good football wise tbf) to the cause than the likes of Ince, Giggs , McClair, Kanchelskis etc. So maybe not a legend, but deffinatley a hero. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And is suitably ridiculed

more commitment than giggs icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

hahaha you've made my day kid </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif im still laughing here icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with gonch, the Giggs bashing is so over the top sometimes.

Giggs has done so much and provided so many great moments for the club, acheiving so much and people seem to forget it, even if he isn't as consistently good as he once was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

More commited to the cause than Brian McClair?

WHAT? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats not even getting to brian mcclair yet icon_biggrin.gif

haha awesome </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i basically love smith, adore the passion he has for football in general but some of this is borderline sacrilege. please stop. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

ffs Giggs is a LEDGE

And he's actually looked rather good in recent weeks too.

To the guy who said he should be played on the left.. that was the problem.. he randomly started drifiting all over the place last couple of years and it doesnt suit him.

Against Fulham there were STILL flashes of the brilliant dribbling ability he has.. plus that cross... he's not what he was but to say Smith is more of a legend already is a complete joke. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it's ******** comparing Giggs to Smith, Gonch is being ******** though when he's trying to say Smitheh is sh*t, Smitheh has been utterly commited for us, ran the midfield against Chelsea. To just write him off is just moronic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you’re not getting back on the Fletchifb bandwagon now. Oh no.

Okay to use the same level, what has Fletcher done since the cup semi? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done it yet?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Our transfer dealings are done for this window imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll break someone if that is indeed the case. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hahahhahahahaahhahaahha

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Have faith ffs. Mart will be right.

He's not going to have put everything he has so far on the line if he wasnt sure.

You lot really should back him more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not enough of this recently icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

GHifb </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mark poses a teaser

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

So, has anyone optimism for the season been dampened now we've been knocked off the top of the table? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i just want it to end now as 2nd place is much better than the fifth dixon had us finishing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As James gets us to do our favourite player lists, not forgetting some important guidelines

remember gregg, no cardiff players please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and reprimanding others

****s sake scatter. Can't you follow the example (almost)everyone else managed to do?

surname number

surname number </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It’s started \o/

die season </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But after our second match of the season, there is only one story…

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matt_e:

20LEGEND

\o/ \o/ \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ole Ole Ole Ole, OLE, OLE!

\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/\o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

20 legend

WHAT A ****ING GOD HE IS

SO SO SO SO SO HAPPY </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mart had tears in his eyes, it's official. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I LOVE YOU OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good things come to those who wait

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

Round-up? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did this last?

the 'he plays on the left, he plays on the right' song has been updated, with 'england' rather tham 'beckham'

icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reaction to our CL draw comes in

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

Cheers UEFA </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah pretty perfect that, no dodgy trips across eastern europe and all the hardest teams avoided. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

yeah we certainly can't complain about the draw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rb:

One of the better draws icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But despite the draw, BBB’s mood doesn’t appear to be any better

Go and rob a granny if you're short for crack money, scouse bastard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Before coming out with the killer blow

Polack can call me blimp all he likes, he's an uglier version of Bagpuss \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm trying to get my head round that concept. Looking at him must make your eyes hurt? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gregg, the banter I have with you isn't banter, I actually hate you, you welsh twat icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Though not everyone shares the mood, at least not all of the time

good stuff gregg icon14.gif

I may have a go at you on here from time to time, but it'd be nice to see you again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ticket office shambles #3833, amazingly spotted by Jonny

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Copenhagen tickets are on sale from:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

On Sale From:

01/01/0001 </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me >> Ali

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Fletcher will prove you all wrong mark my words. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He really really really really really really really won't, you know.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

…possibly too far

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Palahnuik:

Fletcher's the new Keane tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Penny dropping…

LIES LIES LIES

he'll sign

*cries* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can come back now

oh jeez a mark g - Jimlad play off

run for the hills </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn’t expect responses to this to be so memorable but…

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Ok I feel like a futile night discussion.

If we had to sell 5 first team squad members, who would they be and why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Miller

Silvestre

Solskjaer

Kuszczak

Giggs

Obvious

Combination of most bankable backup and liability

Age and may not have recovered from injuries

BAckup keeper who could be replaced by Foster if need be

Regardless of last two games, old and past his best. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

selling Ole?

get out of it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and selling Giggs ahead of Richardson when both would probably fetch similar amounts /o\/o\/o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

Giggs proving mark g INCREDIBLY wrong

I'd probably kill myself if we sold Giggs and Fergie came out to explain it.. "well it was either him or Richardson" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blame Mika, it was him who said we had to sell 5 players icon_biggrin.gif

And he was pretty good in the first two games, which were against FULHAM and CHARLTON. I didn't see today, but even if he was fffffb, it was against WATFORD. Let's wait and see if a) he can do it for more than say a month or two, which apart from the end of last season and a couple of months before he signed his new contract a couple of years ago he hasn't managed for years, and b) if he can do it against some even half decent premiership teams. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're beginning to stretch my patience, you.

Stop it with the Giggs bashing, will you ?

Which are the matches where we slip up all too frequently ? Away games against sides we are expected to beat, isn't it ?

That's your Fulhams, Charltons and bloody Watfords of the World.

We're winning, ffs.

stfu </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Care to rethink this now?

As for keeping Richardson over Giggs, it's quite simply the tiny chance he'll fulfill his potential over the tinier chance Giggs will forget the last 3 seasons of mediocrity and come good again.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As the war rages on

Mark 1, Jimlad 0

Round 2...DING! DING! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or not

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Mark 1, Jimlad 0

Round 2...DING! DING! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, I'm big enough to accept when I'm beat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But there’s always one who has to take it too far icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Jimlad basically bending over, wiggling his arse at mark and saying "come get me big boy"

*disclaimer, i have it on authority from Keyser that mark is indeed a "big boy"* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nick surely the biggest boy?

bout 7 ft tall and looks 14 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has labelled Henrik Larsson the best player to come out of Scandinavia since Michael Laudrup.

Larsson has joined Manchester United on loan from Swedish side Helsingborgs and netted on his debut for the club against Aston Villa on Sunday.

The former Celtic striker had to wait for his United debut following his December switch, having been ineligible to appear for Sir Alex Ferguson's side until the start of January.

Solskjaer is delighted with the signing of Larsson and believes the wait was certainly well worth it.

"Henrik Larsson is the best player we have had in Scandinavia since Michael Laudrup," he told Aftenposten.

"He continues to get better, and it was important for the manager to see what kind of shape he was in because he hadn't played for a while.

"I do not think he was disappointed."

Defender Patrice Evra is also full of praise for the latest addition to the United squad.

Larsson's loan deal at Old Trafford is due to expire on 12th March, although his stay could be extended until the end of the season.

Evra added: "I am very happy for him that he scored because he is a good man. He wants to work for the team and has good experience.

"Henrik is a big player, and you can see he has lots of qualities. Every time he touched the ball he caused problems for the other team.

"I am very happy to play alongside someone like him at United." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ole so modest. icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> It was John Cleese, in Clockwise, who said: "I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a fantastic line icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Keane and Ince didn't get that many, Vieira and Petit didn't get that many for Arsenal when they were the central pair there. I don't think it's a problem as long as your strikers are prolific and your wingers are chipping in like Kanchelskis did back then and Ronaldo is/would now.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

is that where u were sitting WSR? I was down there for most of the first half but the atmosphere was pretty **** down there so went to the back of the stand where it was better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah row C of R28. me and the lad I was with were thinking about moving up to the top because there was more singing, but the stewards were being so fussy we didn't bother. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ahh i got a feeling i mightve seen you? you or your pal blonde wearing a stone island jacket? seemed to be the only people in that lower sector singing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No that wasn't me, I have black hair and I was wearing a black Helly Hansen coat, mainly standing in the aisle. I think the person you are on about was standing near me.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Reds receive injury boost

United were given a major lift on Friday morning with the news that the injuries sustained by Louis Saha and Darren Fletcher are not as serious as first feared.

Saha, who pulled up with a tight hamstring in training earlier this week, was looking at a month-long lay-off, while an ankle ligament problem looked to have curtailed Darren Fletcher’s involvement in the current campaign.

However, Saha is now likely to return against Blackburn at the end of the month, and will be joined by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who had a minor operation to clear up his knee.

Fletcher, who had been expected to miss two months of action, is now likely to be back in a few weeks.

"For a couple of days I was starting to think that the roof was falling in on top of us," admitted Sir Alex Ferguson at his Friday press briefing. "But things are looking much brighter now.

"Darren's injury is not bad as we first thought. He could be back in a few weeks. The news is very good on Louis Saha and we expect him to be back to face Blackburn, along with Ole Solskjaer. So things are looking up."

Mikael Silvestre, however, will unavailable for a few weeks after dislocating his right shoulder in the win over Lille.

"We're delighted nothing was broken, but Mikael will still be out for a few weeks," confirmed Sir Alex. "We'll be monitoring him to see how things are progressing."

Alan Smith, who came on as a substitute against Lille during midweek, will be involved for the Reds in the FA Cup quarter-final clash with Middlesbrough on Saturday tea-time.

"He enjoyed a good work out against Lille," said Sir Alex. "He'll definitely figure against Middlesbrough.

"The loss of Henrik Larsson after the Cup game is a big loss. But as one player leaves, it provides an opportunity for someone else, such as Alan.

"For the last three or four months I've had to tell five or six players every week that they wouldn't be playing. It kills you at times because you're talking about some fantastic footballers.

"You feel for them because they're no able to contribute to a good spell of football for the team. But I don't have that problem for a couple of weeks now." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good news \o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Lille end Giggs protest

Lille have opted to end their protest against Ryan Giggs' winning goal for Manchester United in their controversial UEFA Champions League encounter.

Giggs netted a quick free-kick to hand United a 1-0 win and the goal prompted a furious protest from Lille and their players.

The club opted to lodge an appeal with Uefa, but it was rejected by Europe's governing body.

Lille had considered taking their case to the Court of Arbitration of Sport, but on Friday announced they would not be taking their appeal any further.

A statement on the club's official website read: "In order not to sink into relentless legal proceedings with no end in sight, LOSC have taken the decision not to pursue its appeals to the Court of Arbitration for Sport."

Lille bowed out 2-0 on aggregate after slipping to defeat at Old Trafford on Wednesday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank Christ for that.

that goal against norwich > * </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hughes-esque.

And Becks is still a legend.

• 4 weeks later...

just a quick question for you man utd folk.

i got my ticket for the semi final there the other day from blackburn. now i went to the section on the man u website which gives you a seating plan, and what view you have.

i am say in the East Stand, Tier 1, Upper

anyway im in block E233, but yet the seating plan on the website doesnt have that block, closest to this they do have, is block E333

so can anyone tell me, is this a misprint?

some other rovers fans from the rovers forums have the same area as me.

cheers, and hopefully we can do a few chelsea players in as well for ya, maybe break fat franks legs, or drogbas icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Its a bad defence for tomorrow. The thing is if we stick to attacking we should do ok with our front 6 but considering we arent chasing the game i have this feeling its going to be 4-5-1 sit and hope they dont score or as its come to be known in Europe "The usual". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even Fergie isn't that stupid / stubborn. Really.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

new kit?

If so, not much of a change. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't like it. I really enjoy our retro shirt this season.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

nothing particularly impressive, just customer service rubbish for this motorcycle insurance firm in Altrincham. should hopefully enable me to get my ST, make my CV look a bit less rubbish and then i can find something better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nick - how are you getting to alty with the trams being down soon? (congrats btw) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

was thinking about that the other day, i've really got no idea. train to Navigation Road from somewhere i guess, buggered if i know where atm. either that or the bus if there's a feasible one. it's not the best timing.

• 2 weeks later...

Look, i think we're all getting away from the most serious issue here, which is that if alilaw feels like me-lite, someone needs to go round and take his belt and his shoelaces off him in case he does something stupid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

jesus mark, I didn't realize you were having such a tough time living with yourself icon_frown.gif

Nani excited by United options

Nani admits he is relishing the thought of playing alongside fellow Portuguese speakers Anderson and Cristiano Ronaldo at Manchester United next season.

Hoping to replicate Ronaldo's stunning success in England, United have already turned to the Portuguese league again to wrap up deals for both Anderson and Nani, just weeks after the end of the season.

Nani will join United from Sporting, Ronaldo's former club, whilst Brazilian playmaker Anderson was prised from Porto in order to strengthen Sir Alex Ferguson's attacking options.

With players such as Wayne Rooney, Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes also at Old Trafford, Nani is well aware that the two new signings must earn their place in the starting line-up at Old Trafford.

However, the Portuguese international is relishing the thought of linking up with his fellow new arrival as well as the current darling of Old Trafford, Ronaldo.

"At least I'll have them to speak Portuguese with and they will be important especially in the initial period of adapting to a different country," Nani told Uefa's website.

"As for the three of us playing together, it would be great to play alongside them but that's up to the coaches to decide.

"They are two of the best players I know so it's a privilege to have them as club-mates.

"Any player would like to play at Manchester United. They are one of the major clubs in Europe.

"All I have to do now is to keep working and give my best to prove to be worthy of the confidence shown in me. I know I'm young and I have still to learn many things."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xnellyrx:

bed time dude.

Exams in the morning. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha, least i went past GCSE's you pikey. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would I regret not going past GCSE's when I'm rich and earning good money? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry i haven't taken the time to get to know you.

Archived