The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

taino was often brought in iirc, probably best asking in the spurs thread tho. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not that bothered icon_biggrin.gif

I was just thinking that they were talking about a hole for Zokora to fill, but i think there's one even if they keep Carrick, so for me the signing of Zokora wouldn't neccessarily indicate Carrick was leaving. The only issue on that score would be the wage bill, and they've probably got 20 spare midfielders they could get rid of to sort that out.

In fact, isn't Davids leaving? He must be on a hefty chunk a week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Love it how Becks could handle it, effigys being burnt yet this little twat can't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seriously, stop. I couldn't give 2 sh*ts if Becks could handle it.. he had a different situation, being based in his home nation with family etc.

If anything the fact Ronaldo can't handle the pressure should mean we respect his decision more. Unless of course you want him to carry on playing for us in a state of depression doing no good for anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

apparently the Ruud deal is €14m, so less than £10m.

ouchies </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Approx £9.59 million.

Where did you get that figure? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the fantabulous Marca, but I expect it'll be reported elsewhere as some French dude told me. Either way, won't be much either side of that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

on sky sports website fergie says that he won't sell rudd cheap and will hold out for a substantial fee.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

Anyone else worried about our squad depth?

We can get away with it during these pre-season games because we can call up the likes of Martin, Evans, Gibson and Simpson at short notice but most of these will be going on loan in the next few weeks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not really worried as such, apart from in the areas that we know need strengthening. What is going on with the defence is exceptional and will clear up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Reet

Who is coming to Fulham so Mart knows how many beers he needs to buy and who is going to see Snakes on a Plane the night before? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coming to Fulham - not drinking

Not going to SoaP, as I'm only DayTripping

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

oooooh DP your greaaaaaaaaaaat

ooooooooh DP I loooooooove you

ooooooooh DP Bellamy is coooooooooooool

ooooh DP smooch smooch

oooooh DP you're sooooooooooooooo good </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon15.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Heinze, Vidic, Carrick out; Rooney in

United will be without Gabriel Heinze, Nemanja Vidic and new signing Michael Carrick for their season opener with Fulham on Sunday, but Wayne Rooney has been passed fit to play after overcoming a groin strain.

Carrick is set to resume training next week after making good progress since injuring his ankle in only his second match for the Reds.

Vidic is still recovering from the knee injury which ended his World Cup, although he is also expected to return to training in the coming days.

Heinze, meanwhile, is likely to miss the next three weeks after Sir Alex Ferguson revealed that the Argentine is still feeling the effects of the cruciate ligament damage he suffered11 months ago.

Despite representing his country at the World Cup, Sir Alex says Heinze still needs to build up his muscle strength.

"It's not quite what it should be," explained the United boss. "Gabby's therefore going to do some work in the gym over the next three weeks to build up the quadriceps.

"He did very well to get himself fit enough to take part in the World Cup after being out for so long, but I think he stretched himself and the consequences are he's not fully ready for us."

Sir Alex is determined to get to the 2006/07 campaign of to a winning start, but believes the Reds face a stern test against Chris Coleman's side.

"I think Fulham will have a go on Sunday because they've got a great philosophy under Chris Coleman," explained the boss. "They have good height in their team which could be a problem for us.

"Their front two [McBride and Helguson] in particular are very good headers of the ball so they have a threat goal-wise. But hopefully we'll be ready." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

Heard that the "United>England" banner is being taken down at the clubs request icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they had ONE complaint, probably Nickogs.

Oh and Big Lily isn't allowed, the club need TWO weeks notice ffs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Was well funny when they announced Tugay as MOM all United fans were cheering including moi. Great atmosphere today but Hughesy wouldn't 'give us a wave' icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't blame him after the stick Bruce got icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

yeah but this is the thing, you're entire argument is that we *might* have won by fanciful amounts by sticking to a formation that ALREADY HAD US DOWN A GOAL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And playing badly and not looking like scoring.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

yeah completely agree. thankfully ive not considered for a minute that we would actually go on to win it, its only recently ive started paying attention to chelseas results before arsenals/liverpools. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clearly the way to go.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Cantona backs Man Utd for title

Eric Cantona

Cantona has been impressed with Cristiano Ronaldo

Manchester United legend Eric Cantona is certain the Old Trafford side will win the Premiership this season.

"For sure they will be champions," Cantona told the BBC's North West Tonight programme.

"It's a new era, a new generation. They have a great team but they have a lot to prove. They need to do it.

"United have been brave from the start and have a good atmosphere, where they work very well with young players like Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo."

Interview: Ex-Man Utd forward Eric Cantona

Cantona praised manager Sir Alex Ferguson for the rebuilding he has carried out at old Trafford and establishing a team to challenge for the title.

Ronaldo needed to have experience and score goals - now he has that and is a world-class player

Eric Cantona

"Ferguson is the kind of manager who can help the greatest player with a lot of experience and also help the young players," Cantona said.

"Not all managers can do that, but he can do that and find the balance on the pitch to have a strong team."

The 40-year-old Frenchman has also been impressed with the heir to his number seven shirt at United, Cristiano Ronaldo.

"He needed to have experience and to score goals - now he has that and is a world-class player," Cantona said.

He said he was not surprised the Old Trafford faithful had stood behind Ronaldo, despite the Portuguese winger's role in Wayne Rooney's sending off in the World Cup quarter-final against England.

"It can be difficult in another club than Manchester United," Cantona said.

"But the fans of United are very faithful and behind you, they are the best. He plays for United and is one of the members of the family." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

so how does a £50m profit tie in with an annual interest charge of £62m. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The £50m profit is after the loan charge. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pj for someone who supposedly has an accounting degree you know **** all icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

What odds can I get on Wesley of the Brown playing in midfield at some point past the 75th minute?

Seems to be a trend whenever he comes on lately. I have to feel sorry for Wes though, he was awesome and injury-free for a bit and then Vidic stepped in.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

my present:

"anyway, he is a vegetable now, and that's something we've all got to look forward to.. so.. happy birthday. cya later." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:***)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Mon Saha getting to 24 then doing his hamstring. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Considering that I backed him to get to 20, that'll do me nicely.

yes WSR

though he was actually repeating "THIS PLACE IS ROCKING" every 5 minutes, even when there was complete and utter silence

it's like he thought the viewers only had access to sound in the commentary box and couldnt hear the dead crowd atmosphere for themselves

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Are we playing for kittens? What exactly is the prize here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The combined post count of Mika and BBB added to your karma?

Or deletion of any Scouse supporting user of your choice? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A life size carboard cut out of Sarah Michelle Gellar? Laminated, of course.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

taz needs to step up and make a compilation </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stuck doing 12 hour days over 5 days a week at work at the minute.

Have been wanting to do one for a while so hopefully i will get round to it this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

TAZ icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

wp, robbed.

Two representatives of stockport icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Producing the Man Utd thread users of the future \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the past icon_frown.gif

Archived