The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> And after Portugal's 3-1 defeat to hosts Germany in the third-place play-off Ronaldo spoke for the first time about his future.

"I think I should get out of Manchester," he said.

"The circumstances are not right to keep playing in Manchester.

"In two or three days I will decide where to go. I always said I wanted to play in Spain.

"Nobody stood up for me at Manchester, although I did not do anybody any harm." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Isn't describing someone as a box-to-box defensive midfielder bordering on an oxymoron?

In his early days Keane scored bags of goals, he was all over the pitch. I still doubt this Sahin is anything like that, mind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I suppose there is a case to be made for that ali.

However, I think when one considers b2bmfs, as much as the get up and down the pitch (and at times chip in with their fair share of goals) they are primarily doing so in order to accomplish the physical and defensive grunt work the team needs to control a game from the middle of the park.

Just because they're not sitting 10-15yards infront of the back-four like a dedicated DM in a more controlled manner and doing less running overall doesn't mean they're doing less defensive work. Guess thats just how I've considered it though.

And yes this Nuri Sahin is just the latest in a long line of nothing links, I was only interested in how he had been defined. I don't think resting our hopes on another teenager is the way to go right now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A better distinction in this case is between more destructive or creative. A box to box player can be more destructive, making tackles all over the pitch, whereas a holding player can be more creative, making passes from deep.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Who was left-back against Benfica? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

O'Shea in the away game, which is assume is the one you mean.

Richardson when we won at home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Silvestre > O'Shea then.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

5th in the Premier League and, at best, UEFA Cup Quarter-Finalists and League Cup Champions.

Yeah, this isn't much better than talking about signings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anythings better than the constant, repeated speculation </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keyser on the front-cover of Playboy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/RcjukMankind/keyser.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wakeyrocket:

I'll admit he can score goals but gloating about having Johnson rather than RVN is simply no comparison. He is too injury prone </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Injury Prone icon_biggrin.gif One injury last year makes him injury prone... Bit like Alan Smith yeah icon_wink.gif

Anyway you said he was no goal machine, plus if you READ my post rather than jumping on it, i was saying you should have done what Everton did and sort all your transfer dealings out early and not leave them late, as you'll be a bit screwed if Ruud leaves, you don't replace him and you don't score any goals.

How you got from what i said into seeing:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

OMGGZ! Johnson >>>>>>>> RV-Horseboy LOLZ!11!1

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have no idea.

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

shut your whinging welsh trap Carter, if Mika "isn't the sharpest knife in the box", you're a f**king spoon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BOOM BOOM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Don't forget my burger icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, yeah. Plus whatever it'll cost to buy a few decent beers.

Carling ? icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm getting the beers ffs.

Carling ifb icon_cool.gif

I'll see whats on offer at Asda later

i was at the rangers game today just thought you lads might like to know about Martin and Bardsley who both played for us today.

Martin looks to me one of the most exciting young players ive ever seen at Ibrox. His quick feet and close control are outstanding, he took Hearts full back Robbie Nielson (who is in the Scotland squad) to the cleaners so many times, that he eventually lost the plot and got him self sent off for a second booking after fouling Martin after he had skinned him again. Even for a winger his work rate and willingness to get stuck in is top drawer aswell. While his final ball isnt perfect it is still good and will get better. I know its early days but IMHO this guy could become a real top class player

Bardsley looked a good solid full back, but it really was hard to judge today. Hearts were pressed back for much of the game and didnt create many clear cut chances, but maybe thats should be credit to the defence. Again looks as if he likes a tackle and will get stuck it, although a 50/50 tackle which he went into, while endeering himself to the fans caused him to pick up a knock and was subbed with 20 mins to go. Nothing to serious though by the sounds of it.

No doubts about it, both will be regulars in our team certainly untill xmas and hopefully beyond, but Martin especially i can see you taking back. From he limited time ive seen of them both, he looks a far better player than Kieron Richardson and hes in the bloody england squad.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That's my oppinion too. Unless we get the destructive midfielder in January that we need we won't win any games against them since their midfield will completely overwhelm us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree but with hargreaves breaking his leg fergie should have (and maybe needs to in Jan) Bring in Senna or maybe even cambiasso.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Indeed, v-necks icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was actually those white shoulder tabs that put me off it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought it would be, but I wasn't going to miss an excuse to bash v-necks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

i don't need the exercise. my body's a temple ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for lanky fat feckers

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, and he would discuss tactics with his coaching staff, with the number2 in particular i suspect to be the person with most infuence when discussing.

Additionally, he's likely to have a greater involvement than Sir Alec on the training pitch.

I do not remember very many games when we played like that away from home before Quieroz first joined the club, but ever since he's been there, that seems to be a key factor in our game plans.

Sometimes it has worked, more often than not though, it hasnt, yet things never change.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Macallan:

Woohoo, what a great weekend. Just returned from Manchester. Great game, good atmosphere. Was located in the East Stand, last time I was allacoted a seat in Stretford End. Score should have been bigger. Game died when Ronaldo and Rooney were taken off, although Fletch tried to make a good impression. No comments about JOS however. Had a beer in the pub on the Corner.

Some guys (one of them with 7 tattood on his back)were singing all the time and the rest of the pub followed immediatley. Brilliant!!

Did the Museum and stadion tour today. The George Best Shrine was nice to see. Also spend 204 quid in the shop. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats not perhaps something you should be pleased with tbh.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

any of you clowns doing fulham away or is the boycott still on? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

me, mart and jonny afaik. there was never a boycott of the actual game (simply/sadly wouldn't work with our support), but there's a boycott of anything else Fulham try to flog to us (programmes, pies, beer etc). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

to be fair you're still gonna be heavily out of pocket eating/drinking away from the ground, this is West London icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

rossi has scored for parma who lead fiorentina 1-0 atm icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What, again?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

the whole having played for Citeh and Liverpool issue not bothering anyone? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't care personally. I have other reasons, which I'll post in a minute when its done, but this issue is irrelevant for me because he's not synonymous icon with either club despite having played for both.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Want to know why mark is getting away with the Giggs bashing if I am honest. I get told off for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perfectly just aswell. If it was anyone else he would have been dropped long ago.

Archived