The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

Yeah why would the Irish care about England being knocked out </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Revenge for the potato famine? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, that's Craig Doyle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

right so icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Rhoades:

what is the significance of july 14? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

new kit, Maschereno/Torres/Cambiasso sign icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

the worlds moved on mart </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but Wales probably hasn't yet

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Rooneys Autobiography is done and in it he reveals he stopped after his girlfriend found out he had lost nearly £50k in a year.

Wasnt there some big thing about Rooney having a gambling problem? £50k, is someone taking the p!ss. Thats like me losing £250 in a year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thing is though if you are gambling that amount of money away there probably could be a problem

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Rooney had to rip his shirt in first game, imagine Tevez wi his fat neck </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf the new shirt looks like it has a looser neck </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speaking of new shirts r old girl says a parcel has arrived and i'm only expecting one thing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

a destructive def-midfielder is the next priority. The next priority kinda depends on the formation we plan to play next year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure about that. Whether we play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, we look stronger in both numbers and quality for the central striking positions than we do for wingers or wide attackers. There aren't really many of the strikers after Rooney who could be just as effective in the wide roles in a 3 up front.

Or are you thinking we may be looking at a different tactical approach again?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

no im just saying you're inbred </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Nah, but I do however come from Bolton so I can see where you got your wires crossed. icon_wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Any use of the word "Liverpoo" summed your post up, it's as bad as "Manure" ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It has to be a crap word when you don't use it to describe those arseholes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matt_e:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andrew K:

Hargreaves on the bench (Bayern says flu) and a tapping up campaign begun on Klose.

Deal imminent? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not even in the squad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/

COME ON

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The Shrewsbury-born player has also attracted the interest of Manchester United's scouts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do they technically count as scouts, or should we just refer to them as 'blokes pulled in off the street who thought Maraschino wasn't good enough'?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

and BBB your location? icon_biggrin.gif :********) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:*)

Didn't see you yesterday mate

• 3 weeks later...

iirc it's what Mark said, and I made the same point - when people were assessing our options up front during the whole Ruud saga, I just felt that a fair number were making the automatic assumption that Ole would come back from injury as good as ever, despite being 33 and having nearly retired from the game.

I think from the early part of the season he's shown that he still gives us an option, but he's not a starting forward by any means. He's had a couple of great cameos so far along with one or two woeful games (Watford for one), so we'll just continue to see how it pans out.

Love him to bits, mind.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

this is like kryptonite for you, isn't it. just too many opportunities for jokes, you don't know where to turn

NOT WONKY </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we're gong to talk about women from Whedon's shows, there's nothing wrong with Morena Baccarin's nose icon14.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

so.... team news? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give it another 10mins or so.

• 2 weeks later...

A slow day in the United thread.

Someone tells me who wins this hypothetical competition:

The Semi-Finals:

United 1994 vs United 2003

United 1999 vs United 2007

You may replace one team with United 1996 if you fancy it. If you're Eddie you're allowed United 1968, if you're Mark you can pick any team from our famous 1908 triumph onwards, although ever since they started wearing their hair long they do sort of merge into one hazy memory...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

gaby's almost certainly off, wouldn't surprise anyone if mickey left too. bale is an attacking left-back who could very conceivably play left midfield, and giggs DOES need replacing. not saying get rid of him, but he can't play left wing every week and there's no-one else to play there when he goes through his inevitable form troughs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When we signed Evra I initially thought that he would be replacing Giggs and Heinze would stay as left back. Thought that was a good idea but with Evra playing so well at left back, Heinze can't get in the team.

Anyway if United are to replace Giggs soon then we should look to signing someone who is established as a left winger. Wouldn't make sence to buy an attacking full back in the hope that he could make a switch to left midfield.

Greetings,

Rumours in the press (I know, I know) are that Sir Alex has been keeping an eye on our latest player to come through the academy Chris Martin.

Is it only paper talk, or is there anything to this, to give you an idea of what Martin is like, he has that arrogance that you need as a forward similar to Rooney, but clearly not to the same level of talent of Rooney. Hes banged in 5 goals in like 8 games for us which is quite impressive since its been an instant hit after being put in, not needing any time to settle to the pace of first team action.

He hasnt actually signed a Pro contract with us which could be one of the reasons why the big clubs are keeping an eye on him thinking that if he turns out to be the next big thing they can swoop in there and get him on the cheap.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reserves: United 2 Oldham 0

United's reserves won the first of the club's two cup-ties on Monday when they beat Oldham Athletic 2-0 at Carrington.

Febian Brandy set the Reds on their way to the Manchester Senior Cup final when he scored just three minutes after the 2pm kick-off. But goalkeeper Ron-Robert Zieler had to two make excellent saves in the first half, denying Kallum Higginbotham and Paul Black the chance to equalise for Oldham.

Confirmation of the group-stage victory came late on when substitute Antonio Bryan scored United's second goal, just five minutes after coming on for Aaron Burns.

The 2007 Manchester Senior Cup final (date TBC) will pit United against Manchester City or Oldham, runners-up to the Reds in last season's competition.

The reserves' next match is in the league this Thursday, at home to Everton. Kick-off at Ewen Fields, Hyde is at 7pm.

United: Zieler, R. Eckersley, Drinkwater, Lea, Chester, Lee, Mullan, Fagan (Derbyshire, 88), Brandy, Burns (Bryan, 73), Barnes. Subs not used: Norwood, James. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\O/

that's a hell of a young team - 6 are u18 regulars, plus both subs, and the two unused subs are u16's icon_biggrin.gif

mon more silverware icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

are the erm parentals planning on going to the semi? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whooooooooooooore

god i better get a ticket for this semi. i'll batter some one year season ticket numpty outside villa park if needs be.

for the love of all things unatural and keiron richardson.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about Ruud van bloody mother humping Nistel****ingroy.

And before mika starts his usual bleat, there is no other ex player that's had even 1000th of the posts devoted to him even though there are dozens who are more deserving of it, so if Mark and I want to spend 5 pages debating Ralph ****ing Milne that's got NOTHING to do with you so called right to bang on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about your dutch w*nk fantasy.

OK?

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brunob:

sorry for going off topic, but i just bought a man u jersey the other day, do you guys think they will keep the same jersey next season? i hope so its the best looking jersey i have seen in awhile. thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think any professional sports team keeps the jersey the same every year. Why do that when you can get the diehards buying your new:

Home.

Away.

3rd.

Champions League.

Retro.

jerseys every year, at the low low price of £39.99 each.

fake edit - I just looked up their site, they shockingly, are not on the retro bandwagon. Missing out there glazer.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

i'd be quite excited by that if it wasn't Martin Ferguson. as it is, we'll probably end up with the opposition keeper </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Heerenveen keeper got a red card, so I highly doubt it. icon_biggrin.gif

you mean if someone offers one on RI or the like? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Si, seńor. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">maximise revenue generated through ticket prices and enhanced stadium facility </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

More exec seats on the way? Surely not, as they struggle to sell the ones they have?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Never had jonny down for a geek boy icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He regularly posts on an internet message board for a Football Management Computer Game. What do you think he is?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Can't remember what i voted for here

Think 451 in europe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just opened outlook to check what mine were for this too icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Who do you think has been the Player of 2007 so far?

Fifa poll

Vote for Park on the poll on the right hand side.

He's killing Kaka, Ronaldo, Messi, Drogba and Ze Roberto. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha. Man! I love Park and i believe he is very good but he only played like 5-6 games in 2007 and only about 12-13 games in this season, how the hell does he even deserve to be nominated when he was out more than half of it?

icon_biggrin.gif

Still voted for Park though icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

park > ronaldo fwiw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

rossi better than tevez ffs icon_biggrin.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All he needs is a chance to prove everyone wrong icon_frown.gif.

Archived