The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/8236/ronnie6ht.jpg

eurgh, english media can f'off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

/o\

And you can just see the moron masses lapping up the 'dirty man u cheating foreigner costing us GLORY' angle as well

argh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ronaldo dived 2 or 3 times all night. Its just a case of the media going overboard on the scapegoat for England being sh!te.

Ronaldo dives like a lot of other people dive and as much as we would prefer he stops doing it we dont need to go on about it or say we are embarrassed, we just need to get behind the lad like we did Becks in 98.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey G:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mikey G:

I know you're not blaming the Glazers for everything, but if you are blaming them a bit then you could even go back to who ever it was who made you a PLC. Glazers were just making the most of a situation, not their fault that you were liable to it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that effectively saying that we shouldn't blame the debt on the people that put us in debt? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That has confused me for the time being, so I'll reply tomorrow.

night night. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It just sounded a bit like the judges who used to blame the girl wearing the short skirt for then getting raped.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Charlton have reportedly made a bid for Rennes goalkeeper Andreas Isaksson.

The 24-year-old's assured displays for Sweden at the World Cup did not go unnoticed, with several clubs across Europe quick to express an interest.

He has already been linked with both Manchester City and Portsmouth, while a clutch of Spanish clubs are believed to be tracking his progress.

However, Charlton have emerged as the favourites to capture his signature, with new boss Iain Dowie looking to stamp his mark on the team.

Thomas Myhre spent the bulk of last season as The Addicks' number one following Dean Kiely's move to Portsmouth, but it is a position that Dowie is keen to shore up.

Rennes are bound to fight hard to keep their man but, with reports in France suggesting that Charlton have tabled a £1.4 million offer, they may decide to cash in.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt you can think of any excuses at all for not bidding for him at that price.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

I don't know if this has been picked up on or not but apparently the nike tick on the Stretford end has been replaced with the letters Stretford.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah we've discussed it, there are photos that suggest the rumours are accurate.

It looks rubbish/It's a PR stunt anyway was the consensus IIRC.

• 2 weeks later...

Listen you little aussie *****. if you don't **** off. I'm going to get Marlow to give me your IP address. I'll find out where you live, catch the next flight to topsy turvey land, kick down your door, strangle the life out of you, break your neck, whap my **** out and **** all over your freshly dead corpse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

haw, good timing Blaine, who have FC got on Saturday?

planning a mental few days of football - United Reserves at home to Wigan on Thursday night, United U18's away to Stoke on Friday night, potentially FC on Saturday if it's doable and then the biggun on Sunday.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

That quoting left quite a lot to be deserved for, didn't it? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bolding even. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll survive.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

off to lyon in exchange for one of their strikers or midfielders pls </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't read the article did you?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "What's certain is that, for the moment, I am excluding any possibility of a return to France.

"It's not because I don't love my country but simply because I know the league too well.

"I would like to discover a new style of play. I've done Italy in the colours of Inter, England in the jersey of the Red Devils. All that's left for me is Spain." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The BBC's final live match of the third round will be the all-Premiership tie between Manchester United and Aston Villa at 1230 on Sunday, 7 December. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

December icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

really cant see us signing anyone else this transfer window.

Unless some shock foobr he certainly wont be signing esque transfer for monseiur evra.

Hargreaves he isnt fit yet, i dont see the point in signing a player who has just come back from a broken leg albeit not as bad as smudges. Not sure tbf.

also ribery wont sign for us, that has wenger written all over that, or wouldnt be surprised to see him at madrid, capello plays with wingers?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Bayern Munich president Franz Beckenbauer claims Michael Ballack made a mistake in joining Chelsea and should have moved to Manchester United.

Ballack's £130,000 per week deal is thought to make him the world's highest paid player, but the 30-year-old has failed to shine at Stamford Bridge.

"I can't see a place for him at Chelsea. He'd have been better off at United," said Beckenbauer.

"The game passes him by. Frank Lampard is stronger and takes his position."

Ballack joined Chelsea after leading Germany to the World Cup semi-finals on home soil.

Bayern were unable to compete with Chelsea and prevent the German captain from leaving when his contract expired.

The introduction of Ballack and Andriy Shevchenko has been blamed for unbalancing Chelsea's system in the wake of the Premiership champions' inconsistent form.

Likewise, Ballack has had to slot into Chelsea's midfield instead of being their hub, as he is in the German national team.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

isnt this the same beckenbauer that said last season we were finished and why would anyone want to join us??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by billy manutdfan:

91st minute, kop end, so sweet icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

especially after Gerrard won the toss and decided to attack the Kop first half so we had the sun in our eyes second half icon_cool.gif

your 4 home games left should be wins. that leaves: Portsmouth, Everton, Chelsea and Man city to play away. I'm sure fergie will get your team up for the game at Man city since it's them and it's right at the end of the season.

Basically you can afford to lose to Portsmouth and Everton and Chelsea and still win the league because chelsea are hardly going to win the rest of their games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, because iirc we have a 100% PERFECT record of ensuring home wins against teams like Blackburn. Like last ye... oh.

Do I even have to mention the Sunderland game as well?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Start transporting people by canal boat \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually does happen icon_biggrin.gif

if i didn't have my bizarre fear of going on boats, it'd be a fantastic way to get there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It'd be fb! a pre match booze up as you go down the canal. Moor up in the quays. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly what happens. they run them from the town centre.

not sure about the train price, don't think it's any more expensive than the tram. it's not the cost really, it's the way there are only three trains before and after the game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">any idea if it's permanent or a loan? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Short term suggests a loan I think? But a few on the Leeda thread are starting to suspect we've ****ed up the short-term loan rules and have had too many this season.

He will make his debut tonight.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Has anyone read 'Best and Edwards' by Gordon Burn?

I'm about 80 pages into it, and it's probably the best football book I've ever read. So well written. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I take it that's not the guy who did Krypton Factor?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

The CWC shirt was white with red trim wasn't it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. Like I said I can't remember whether it was actually used in the season because we weren't on tele that much and I was far too young to go to away trips. Had the badge in the middle, which I'm generally against, but other than that was awesome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was a one off for that Cup Final

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

KR is amazing in FM. The resaearcher must love him or something? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i've already decimated his stats ffs. it's like he has some kind of invincibility, like when you get the star on mario kart. the bastard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh. Just threw a free at him. It worked this time. icon_cool.gif

Now a Spurz player. icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived